Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-04-2022, 10:51 AM   #1

X-pect fuel petcock

I didn't expect a fuel-injected X-pect to have or need a fuel petcock, but there it is. So, question:

What does it do?

The markings on it don't make a lot of sense. The "on" and "off" markers are 90 degrees from each other, but the petcock turns a full 180 degrees. And regardless of where I turn it, the bike runs. On, off, halfway, wherever. It never seems to cut off the fuel.

So what's the point of the thing?

Old 07-04-2022, 12:15 PM   #2

The X-Pect manual shows the handle of the valve turned 180 degrees from off to on but also runs at 90 degrees from off, I have also pondered this and have wondered if there was a reserve on the fuel tank although it is not mentioned. I guess the only way to find out is let the fuel run low, remove the hose and let the tank run dry, then move it to the 90 degree setting and see if more fuel comes out. If no more fuel comes out pour the fuel back into the tank and drain it through the 90 degree position until it stops and then switch to the 180 degree position and see if more comes out. My tank is pretty full at the moment so it will be a while before I can try that.
John

Old 07-04-2022, 02:27 PM   #3

I have a 2020 X-pect and it does not have the fuel pump in the tank, the fuel pump is located on the left side under the metal containerwhere the fuel lines come in and out. If you follow back the line from the injector you will find it. The tank does not need to be removed to adjust the valves, remove the bolt at the rear of the tank then pull it back off the front mounting lift up the front of the tank and place a short piece of 2" by 4" under the front of the tank and remove the tappit cover and adjust the valves. The manual shows it in the tank but I think that was a generic EFI explanation that does not come from the X-Pect.

Old 07-04-2022, 03:23 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Hotdogs View Post
I didn't expect a fuel-injected X-pect to have or need a fuel petcock, but there it is. So, question:

What does it do?

The markings on it don't make a lot of sense. The "on" and "off" markers are 90 degrees from each other, but the petcock turns a full 180 degrees. And regardless of where I turn it, the bike runs. On, off, halfway, wherever. It never seems to cut off the fuel.

So what's the point of the thing?

It does turn off the fuel, it's running on the fuel in the small tank below the main tank where the fuel pump is, until you burn all that it will continue to run. I made it miles on what is in that little tank before I started cutting out and realized I had the petcock turned off.

Old 07-05-2022, 10:55 AM   #5

X pect fuel filter

It also houses a fine wire mesh fuel filter protects that fuel pump in the top half that pushes up into the tank.