Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2022, 12:17 PM   #1

Brozz 250 Fork Seal Replacement

I've been fighting a leaking fork seal for a while now. Tried the Sealmate tool to clean it at least 10 times. Helps for a while, but not long. I have searched for all the discussions here on this issue and on YouTube, so I have some idea how to go about it. Although I'm far from crystal clear. I expect that bolt in the bottom of the fork has to come out. I figure if I somehow screw it up, a new right fork is only $90 from Peace Sports, so that is always an option.

If someone knows of a video that is for a China bike with USD fork seals, please let me know.

Thanks
John
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Leaking Right Fork.jpg (59.9 KB, 110 views)

Old 06-21-2022, 01:30 PM   #2

I haven't changed the seals, but i did change the fork oil and it was a major nightmare because i loosened those bottom bolts, whatever you do, proceed with caution.

http://www.chinariders.net/showthrea...ight=fork+fail

Former China Bikes: Tao DBX1, Brozz 250, CSC RX4, Titan DLX, Templar X

Old 06-21-2022, 03:49 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tknj99 View Post
I haven't changed the seals, but i did change the fork oil and it was a major nightmare because i loosened those bottom bolts, whatever you do, proceed with caution.

http://www.chinariders.net/showthrea...ight=fork+fail

Yes, I followed your earlier adventure changing fork oil. So I understand. I just have not seen any good pictures of what's inside these forks. I have seen a lot of other videos on YT, and I'm hoping they translate to the Brozz.

Anyway it needs to be fixed.

Thanks,
John

Old 07-01-2022, 01:20 PM   #4

So I was able to change out the seals on my Brozz USD forks. I stink at taking pictures and instructions, which I forgot while doing this, so I will briefly explain how it goes.

First, follow the numerous instructions on changing the oil in the forks.
Remove the forks, remove the top cap, hang upside down and drain the oil.

Next remove the Teflon coated bushing at the top of the forks, using a flat blade screw driver.

At this point the two tubes can be separated. They are just pulled apart. Kinda makes a popping sound.

Before the seal can be removed, there is a retaining clip that must come out. Carefully use a screw driver.

Next the seal can come out. I put multiple layers of tape on the edge of the tube so not to scratch it up. I used a seal puller with hook on it. Harbor Freight cheap tool, but it worked for me. Not that easy to do, but it will come out.

The replacement seals are 37 - 50 - 11. I bought some off eBay along with dust covers.

I used the electrical tape method to drive the seals home. And everything went back together with no issues.

There are lots of YT videos on changing seals. From what I saw most are more complicated then on the Brozz. My biggest concern was not knowing what was inside the forks. The bolt at the bottom of the tube DOES NOT have to be touched. What I found was simpler than most of the videos.

After 100+ miles, no leaks so I would call this successful.

Hope this helps someone.

Thanks,
John