Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-29-2006, 10:37 PM   #1

I got my Roketa today!!!!

i love it. it's pretty damn nice. evry one at work couldn't believe how good the quality is. i got the rsx-200e model. it came on the truck today and i still had a few cars to get done. i blew through them and started assembling the beast. i was assembling while my friend was going over all the installed bolts checking for tightness then undoing allot of them and adding lock tight. i locktighted as well while assembling. my buddy found a lose fromt heat sheild, banjo bolt for the rear brake, and the front brake hose holder on the forks was loose. it came down time to start it and a few people had stayed late, my boss even went and got me some gas without asking. guess i wasn't the only one that wanted to see it run. i started adding gas and next thing i know gas is pouring from the bike. the gas hose in the pet cock is off. i put it on and fill it up. take it outside and gave it a couple kicks (didn't have a trickle charger at work for the battery) and it started right up. idled great the whole deal. rode it around the lot and it was great. i let another guy at work ride it and he liked it a lot to.

the only things i don't like about the bike are: the hand controls are very cheesey and the bike needs to re geared. i'm hitting about 50 mph tops trying to be easy on it but it sounds like it's screaming.

after it gets broken in i might take it to the dyno and tune it. i want a nice fat power band.

anyways here's some pics.

the mess after assembling it

Old 12-29-2006, 11:21 PM   #2

Cool Glad it is up and running. I wopuld recommend changing the oil and bleeding the brakes. my rear brake started seizing against the disk after just a few miles bleding fixed it though. oh and grease the the swingarm mine and fatboy250 both had very little grease in it had to change my grease fitting it was different size from the standard other than that you should be ready to ride. Wish I had that much help assemblig mine it was just me and the wife LOL Be safe on it and Happy New Year to Yall
Ray

Old 12-29-2006, 11:31 PM   #3

i changed the oil before it ever got started. i will be going trough the bike again after the weekend. i'll be sure to check the brakes as well.

Old 12-30-2006, 12:03 AM   #4

That's a sharp looking bike. We'll be interested to hear how well it works for you; enjoy and keep us posted!

Old 01-01-2007, 04:29 PM   #5

Congrats. I ride the same bike and have sold a few as well. One thing you might want to check are the manifold nuts I have seen 4-8 that were loose out of about 40 I have messed with. It's just one more place that can benefit from some blue locktite..
Joe

Old 01-01-2007, 04:33 PM   #6

good deal thanks, i;ll be sure t check that. my battery box fell apart today. it was put together wrong from the factory and the welds broke. my speedo also stopped working.

Old 01-03-2007, 03:16 PM   #7

Yeah, Dad's is still holding together but mine came apart about 500 miles. I have it JB welded and bungeed to the frame now. Dad has a light in his speedo that went out, but I think he's gonna just let it ride for a while. Did you oil your speedo cable before installing it? This will improve longevity on the next one you get. They seem to have the cable at a tight angle at the wheel on these. I can see how this could cause it would break sooner.
1995 Kawasaki Concours (ZG1000)

Old 01-03-2007, 07:56 PM   #8

na, i didn't lube it. how is yours ran? i had mine zip tied to the fork and it think that's what caused the cable to break.

Old 01-04-2007, 08:59 AM   #9

over the fender and along the right side. You can see it in my avatar. Not the best engineering design, but that's the kinda of engineering you can expect with some of this stuff.

I just had my left plastic side covers break through the mounting bolt this morning....Not sure how I'm gonna fix that, but it still runs good with over 2000 miles on it.

Jason
1995 Kawasaki Concours (ZG1000)

Old 01-04-2007, 09:22 AM   #10

usually you can drill holes then wire plastic pieces back together. Doesn't always look pretty, but nothing wrong with the frankenstien look -- and it holds up very well.
'02 Kawasaki KX125