Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2016, 08:35 AM   #5221

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpl096 View Post
damned cruel LMAO
amazing the things you can think of with just 2 cups of coffee! hahaha

Have a great day! I'm going to ride the RX3 into work today

2016 Zongshen RX3 (CSC Cyclone)

Pay it Forward!

Old 07-11-2016, 09:21 AM   #5222

Rice and oil... that's pretty clever too

The combination would turn out as fried rice.

Mad...did you say you work as counter sales for mc parts? That's quite a day working with public all day, hats off to ya lady. To all hard working folks doing it every day!
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 07-11-2016, 02:37 PM   #5223

Put enough oil in their gas tank to make em smoke like a 2 stroke. But be sure and let them know" pay back is a birch" before they have the motor tore down and rebuilt. Don't ask, rj

Old 07-11-2016, 11:14 PM   #5224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron B View Post
Well my Harley riding work buddies had a good laugh today. When we got off work I noticed a handfull of rice under my bike.When they walked by they said "Hey look ! youve got a fuel leak ".Hell, even I had to laugh at that one.
Simply find the web pages that tell about Zongshen also makes parts for H-D and print a few copies. Clip one to your windshield each day.

Old 07-12-2016, 07:32 AM   #5225

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBike View Post
Mad...did you say you work as counter sales for mc parts? That's quite a day working with public all day, hats off to ya lady. To all hard working folks doing it every day!
Yes lol. I get pretty creative making new hashtags for those challenging folks. At the end of the day, it is pretty awesome talking to folks actually planning trips. I've traveled a lot and love those conversations.

2016 Zongshen RX3 (CSC Cyclone)

Pay it Forward!

Old 07-16-2016, 12:46 PM   #5226

Your friend from Wisconsin

Now im about as American Midwest as they come...

Born between two stalks of corn... party in barns, talk about cheese.. ya know
Iv always liked motorcycles and 4wheelers..
Been riding and crashing them my whole life.
Mom and pop had me on their bikes from the time i could walk..

I remember quite clearly, my first ride on my dads New 1981 Yamaha 250 enduro.. Black frame, orange and white gas tank.
He was out driving it for a while that morning.
after a bit, my mom walked me out to see him. I didn't know any better, but Dad looked like a Pro to me. He did a few flybys, most likely to impress my young mother. I can almost hear him thinking 'See Dolly, this was a great Buy! Look how Good I Am!'
After his 'Most Excellent' demonstration, He came pulling up to us...
'This bike was massive... and angry looking. How could he even drive that thing?' 'I must be seeing things'
Before i knew it, i was being hoisted up by my armpits.. 'Oh boy, whats happening?!'
And He sat me down in front of him. i can feel the heat coming off the bikes midsection.. It was loud and shaking a lot.. Some smell is overpowering me and making my eyes water a bit. The vinal seat is digging into the back of my legs..

And i will never forget, for the rest of my life.. the first time i placed my hands on that cold steel gas tank.
already sensory overload... and we haven't even moved yet.
He lets go of me.
'mini panic'
I hear a clank and this shaking monstrosity starts to move!
Hearts Racing now!
Dad puts his hand around my midsection...
and it all starts form there.

Its funny how touching a steel gas tank can snap me back to that moment in a heart beat...
It doesn't matter if that bike was born in China, Italy or the US... it just makes me want to ride.
Hey all, Im James
Thanks for reading.

If you like Rx3's and adventures, check this video out
Best in the Desert and the Rx3

Old 07-16-2016, 02:05 PM   #5227

Excellent story and thanks for checking in James! Looking forward to your videos....

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 07-21-2016, 06:34 PM   #5228

was at the end of a 12 hour shift when a local guy wants to know how i like my rx3 of course i tell him i love it then start to tell him pros and cons and mention CSC and there great support he interrupts me tells me about all the dealers across the US try to tell him diff. he starts to argue with me did i miss something CSC is still the only place to buy a new rx3 or did i miss the memo?????

Old 07-22-2016, 04:06 PM   #5229

DIYcurran Best of wises on your desert race attempt on the RX3. I think if you take your time and don't get in a hurry and do stupid things on it , you'll make it OK. The suspension will hold you back and/ or get you into trouble if it gets rough and tuff out there. The motor and cooling should be bullet proof as long as you are reasonable with it. Good luck and be safe as it can get violent and dangerous in no time out there in the back 40 , Do keep us posted, rj

Old 07-22-2016, 04:16 PM   #5230

Ditto what rjmorel said. A lot of us are cheering you on! We want the down and dirty, like you said on your video (I subscribed to your channel on YouTube) on your preparedness, your gear, the bike, what you liked and didn't. A LOT of us I am sure wish we had the talent (me) and the time to do this.

Old 10-19-2016, 01:54 PM   #5231

tube tire to tubeless tire kit

Anyone try one of these kits to make your tube tires into tubless? Seems doable, rj

http://www.ebay.com/itm/291463183540...84.m1436.l2649

Old 10-19-2016, 02:38 PM   #5232

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjmorel View Post
Anyone try one of these kits to make your tube tires into tubless? Seems doable, rj

Simple idea, what would happen if the tire pressure becomes low? At 100 a wheel not too bad to try it

I wonder if the same could be accomplished with thick layer of 100% silicone to cover the nipples and a covering of gorilla duct tape over it
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 10-19-2016, 03:05 PM   #5233

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBike View Post
Simple idea, what would happen if the tire pressure becomes low? At 100 a wheel not too bad to try it

I wonder if the same could be accomplished with thick layer of 100% silicone to cover the nipples and a covering of gorilla duct tape over it
Good thinking with the silicone idea. As far as low pressure that's a concern but not for the riding I would do . Don't trials bikes run tubeless down to 4psi or is that a totally different setup? rj

Old 10-19-2016, 03:26 PM   #5234

Tubeless conversion

JSYK: You need tubeless tires and safety beads on the rim in addition to sealed nipples for a full tubeless setup; OEM RX3 tires lack the tubeless membrane and will slowly leak air through the carcass and the OEM front rim lacks a safety bead. A rim lock is also recommended, but not necessary, to keep the tire locked on the rim in lieu of a tube. The stock rear rim is too wide for a rim lock (3.5" vs 2.5" max for rim lock).

I am going to try Tubliss in my 18" front stock wheel and a DIY rim sealing and Excel 2.5" rim with rim lock on my rear wheel and will share my results. Re: Outex, I worry that if one nipple leaked or needed adjustment I would have to tear up the whole setup rather than with sealing each nipple individually with silicone, Seal-All, Goop, etc you can diagnose and repair leaks without redoing the whole wheel. Also sealing just the nipples is much less reciprocating (spinning) weight than sealing the whole center well with tape. My .02

Here's a well-made tutorial on DIY rim sealing.

Last edited by paisleyrider; 10-19-2016 at 05:39 PM.

Old 10-19-2016, 08:56 PM   #5235

Tubeless rims.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjmorel View Post

Notice that the rim in the linked picture has a safety bead/ridge to hold the tire bead in place. I don't know that your rim has those.