Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-2016, 08:57 PM   #1

Hawk 250cc, assembly instructions?

I just got my hawk 250cc from the freight forwarder company. However, i noticed that the assembly instructions are missing. Could somebody please give me a short description of what has to be done, or even just scan the pages and upload them? I would be more than thankful, as well as my MCO came blank. Does this mean i have to fill it out by my own and sign with a false name for the representative?

Old 02-02-2016, 09:48 PM   #2

http://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=15826 check this thread and I think you will find some assembly help.

Old 02-02-2016, 10:00 PM   #3

Okay great, somebody actually scanned it! Thank you for linking me towards that thread as well.

Old 02-02-2016, 10:03 PM   #4

Found this owners manual for the HAWK 250

http://therps.net/User%20Manual/Hawk...s%20Manual.pdf

Don't have much help other than the link to the manual, and when reading through it I see they use "TORCH" spark plugs, (can you check your bike and confirm please?) I have had nothing but problems with everything I have used with a TORCH, if the Manual I linked to is correct it comes with a "TORCH D8RTC", I would personally change whatever it is out to a NGK, preferably Iridium.

D8RTC should be crossed referenced to a NGK DPR8EIX9 (or DPR8EIX-9 or NGK 2202 should be the numbers)

http://www.sparkplug-crossreference.com/

has never let me down when finding a good Japan made spark plug. I sometimes have to cross reference to Denso "IX or IU" series before I can find NGK Iridiums

Hope I can help you bike start easier than the $400 String Trimmer Kit, the $3,000+ Husq Riding Mower, a $1,300 Husq 2 Stage Snow Thrower, all took several hundred attempts to start before replacing the (correctly gaped) TORCH spark plug.

Now they all start first or second pull, it only costs $8 or so for a sweet Iridium Spark Plug, $ well spent when I'm not exhausted just trying to start the equipment

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.

Old 02-03-2016, 10:05 AM   #5

the install instructions I scanned are too large to post here. in a compressed PDF format they are still about 1 MB. anyone know a place or way to post them? I sent a copy to fishtime9, but would like to get them out here for everyone's use.

Old 02-03-2016, 11:00 AM   #6

You can use this to upload/download http://cloudshare.hondamatic.com
Name hawk
Password hawk

Last edited by fitze; 04-17-2016 at 05:38 PM.

Old 02-03-2016, 11:33 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitze View Post
You can use this to upload/download http://cloudshare.hondamatic.com
Name Hawk
Password Hawk
done. let me know if you can see it ok. BTW, the password is lower case...hawk.

Old 02-03-2016, 12:38 PM   #8

carefull

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishtime9 View Post
I just got my hawk 250cc from the freight forwarder company. However, i noticed that the assembly instructions are missing. Could somebody please give me a short description of what has to be done, or even just scan the pages and upload them? I would be more than thankful, as well as my MCO came blank. Does this mean i have to fill it out by my own and sign with a false name for the representative?
when u put it together, top up the engine oil before you start it for the first time. bout middle of sight glass when holding the bike verticlal off the side stand. very very little and crappy oil at that from factory. start it , let it run a minute or two at idle to get the oil temp up, then shut it off and immediately drain the oil from both the lower left side plug, (pull spring and strainer and clean off any thing there) , AND from oil drain plug on bottom of motor. you must do both to get it all out. pour a bit of fresh dino oil in till it runs out clear then stop and replace plugs. now fill to halfway up sight glass and restart engine. allow to warm up then shut it off and recheck sight glass. you should need to add a bit more oil to top up. now go start your breakin procedure for an hour or so, But!!!!, before you try your first ride!!!, CHECK tightness of EVERY bolt, screw, nut you can get too!!!. Especially the bolts holding the brake calipers! ( They are Very frequently not torqued to spec. Locktight (blue) any nut you can"t live without If you miss those caliper nuts, your first ride can come to a Very sudden stop. Be sure and check wiring harness location and zip tie it where you don"t want it swinging around and eventually abrading or catching on fire from rubbing on the hot cylinder head or other wise shorting out. be especially thorough on the wiring and connectors near the fuel lines, frame, and cylinder. you will know em when you see em.

Couple more things, its not a bad idea to hook up one of those battery charger connector cables to your batt during assembly. Check the trueness and spoke tightness of both wheels, and air up those knobbies to suit your own weight and road surface. factory specs were high for me on the large gravel/rock stuff i have here., made the bike almost unrideable.

Last thing, you will probably notice the clutch lever is damned stiff. Not a big deal. the problem is the chinese reticence to lube pretty much anything. You will save yourself a lot of stress and anxiety by removing the clutch cable from the handlebar lever and dripping some lube, machine oil etc., down it, also throw some grease on both the axle shafts, the rear shock mount, especially the speedo cable and front fork hub speedo receptor housing: all during assembly. Also look at your chain, clean, lube and adjust! Way too tight from factory on mine.

at some point you will probably want to order up a 16 0r 17 tooth countershaft sprocket from amazon or ebay, unless 30 something mph is what you look forward to. I was told the hawk was designed for primary use in rural parts of Africa and South America and i believe it having been both places. If you like rough terrain, you are going to like those tires. On wet pavement do NOT be playing "joe racer"

In closing, Just remember the old saying," (good) fortune favors the prepared", prep your hawk right, and get ready for many many smile filled miles
In time i think you will consider the Hawk one of the Great deals in motorcycling.
(ok last last thing. call your seller on the MSO, i had a blank one too, the real filled out one arrived in mail two days after bike
Seer's First LAW-"FLY THE PLANE!", fail that, and nothing else matters. 12th Law- Consider what marvels you might do if only you had tomorrow to live over again. Third Law-When someone tells you some thing "Can't Be Done", what they're really saying is They can't do it!!14th Law-Just because something "IS", doesn't necessarily mean it SHOULD be.. Eighth Law-The only true personal security is anonymity.Ninth Law-Humans tend to learn very little when speaking.10th Law-Some lives ARE worth taking

Old 02-04-2016, 10:21 AM   #9

In addition to Seer's excellent guidance, a cable luber is a good idea. It will make short work of lubricating cables, and it's very effective.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 02-04-2016, 08:47 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeerAtlas View Post
when u put it together, top up the engine oil before you start it for the first time. bout middle of sight glass when holding the bike verticlal off the side stand. very very little and crappy oil at that from factory. start it , let it run a minute or two at idle to get the oil temp up, then shut it off and immediately drain the oil from both the lower left side plug, (pull spring and strainer and clean off any thing there) , AND from oil drain plug on bottom of motor. you must do both to get it all out. pour a bit of fresh dino oil in till it runs out clear then stop and replace plugs. now fill to halfway up sight glass and restart engine. allow to warm up then shut it off and recheck sight glass. you should need to add a bit more oil to top up. now go start your breakin procedure for an hour or so, But!!!!, before you try your first ride!!!, CHECK tightness of EVERY bolt, screw, nut you can get too!!!. Especially the bolts holding the brake calipers! ( They are Very frequently not torqued to spec. Locktight (blue) any nut you can"t live without If you miss those caliper nuts, your first ride can come to a Very sudden stop. Be sure and check wiring harness location and zip tie it where you don"t want it swinging around and eventually abrading or catching on fire from rubbing on the hot cylinder head or other wise shorting out. be especially thorough on the wiring and connectors near the fuel lines, frame, and cylinder. you will know em when you see em.

Couple more things, its not a bad idea to hook up one of those battery charger connector cables to your batt during assembly. Check the trueness and spoke tightness of both wheels, and air up those knobbies to suit your own weight and road surface. factory specs were high for me on the large gravel/rock stuff i have here., made the bike almost unrideable.

Last thing, you will probably notice the clutch lever is damned stiff. Not a big deal. the problem is the chinese reticence to lube pretty much anything. You will save yourself a lot of stress and anxiety by removing the clutch cable from the handlebar lever and dripping some lube, machine oil etc., down it, also throw some grease on both the axle shafts, the rear shock mount, especially the speedo cable and front fork hub speedo receptor housing: all during assembly. Also look at your chain, clean, lube and adjust! Way too tight from factory on mine.

at some point you will probably want to order up a 16 0r 17 tooth countershaft sprocket from amazon or ebay, unless 30 something mph is what you look forward to. I was told the hawk was designed for primary use in rural parts of Africa and South America and i believe it having been both places. If you like rough terrain, you are going to like those tires. On wet pavement do NOT be playing "joe racer"

In closing, Just remember the old saying," (good) fortune favors the prepared", prep your hawk right, and get ready for many many smile filled miles
In time i think you will consider the Hawk one of the Great deals in motorcycling.
(ok last last thing. call your seller on the MSO, i had a blank one too, the real filled out one arrived in mail two days after bike
Word of wisdom!

2015 Haosen Hawk 250
2014 CRF250L
2014 CB500X Rally Raid

Old 02-14-2016, 10:08 AM   #11

assembly instructions

I never had any. the manual does have lots of useful information. The amount of hardware I received seemed to be random handfuls. same with my buddies bike.

Old 09-14-2016, 04:45 PM   #12

could you email me the pdf of assy-instructions ?
just got my Hawk yesterday and no assembly instructions available.

Old 09-14-2016, 05:50 PM   #13

I'd like that as well, my bike is put together but I'd like to know if I did it right.

Old 09-14-2016, 06:00 PM   #14

I told motocheez he needed to write up a proper owners manual and assembly instructions and I'd pay $ for it as would most people. Hopefully he will. I'm close to buying a hawk and it would be a great help since I'm not very mechanically inclined.

Old 09-14-2016, 06:05 PM   #15

There is a crude video on YouTube of the RPS guys assembling the hawk but no sound.