Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-2019, 08:34 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
I find this dealer's information suspect. Pitster sell full-size endure bikes that are wired and have mirrors. Then again, the last member who bought one, member PaiN, bought his in a crate, and he paid less than MSRP. He bought directly from Pitster, and actually, if I remember, spoke with the owner of Pitster, Gary Goodwin (he is a member on the Facebook group 'China Bikes North America' where many members here are members). You might be stuck with your dealer, however, if they are too close geographically, as that is what many distributors do--give dealers territories. I don't think it could hurt to ask, however.

I should add, I recently saw a Grom that someone had swapped the stock engine for a ZS190, in the L.A. Craigslist with an asking price of $6k. Not that that is what it is worth, or will sell for, but I do think getting closer to $3k is a little pricey vs. buying a ZS190 from Pitster and installing it in a Boom Vader (or their other minis whose names I forget,) Taotao Hellcat, SSR Razkull, or Ice Bear Fuerza or Ice Bear Little Monster. But, all the work has been done for you, and with Pitster's reputation, should be a good package overall vs. retro-installing a ZS190 into one of the above.
Being curious about this and the fact that I'm lazy and still haven't installed my 190cc...

Called Pitster Pro (not the dealership but the main company). Phone number listed on the main website.

This bike will be EPA approved and NOT CARB approved (for now). When you get the bike, you'll get a Bill of Sale and MCO. You then follow whatever procedures are in your state for getting it registered.

Current sale date is sometime in June.

So... Like Culcune said... you get the Pitster Pro quality and already fitted with the 190cc. Would not be a bad purchase at all. And I believe the bike will register as a "Pitster Pro" and not a Baodaio, Daix, or Taotao. So that's kind of a bonus as well.

Old 04-03-2019, 03:34 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlfpck View Post
Being curious about this and the fact that I'm lazy and still haven't installed my 190cc...

Called Pitster Pro (not the dealership but the main company). Phone number listed on the main website.

This bike will be EPA approved and NOT CARB approved (for now). When you get the bike, you'll get a Bill of Sale and MCO. You then follow whatever procedures are in your state for getting it registered.

Current sale date is sometime in June.

So... Like Culcune said... you get the Pitster Pro quality and already fitted with the 190cc. Would not be a bad purchase at all. And I believe the bike will register as a "Pitster Pro" and not a Baodaio, Daix, or Taotao. So that's kind of a bonus as well.
Yes I'm strongly leaning to this route but does anyone know the top speed of this mini beast? It has 18 HP but can't find any info on torque. I'm guessing it can reach 75 and max out at 80 on a good day. Trying to take it to the highway around my area with speed limits of 40 to 60 mph.

Old 04-03-2019, 04:27 PM   #18

The swapped zs190 clones in the FB group are getting close to those numbers with a little tuning Solo, def depends on rider weight & gearing. 70-75mph on flat land is very realistic ... I'm currently working on a 190cc swap in my Razkull... I'll let you know what I top out at when she's all done in 2 weeks or so ;-)

Old 04-03-2019, 05:41 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by solo View Post
Yes I'm strongly leaning to this route but does anyone know the top speed of this mini beast? It has 18 HP but can't find any info on torque. I'm guessing it can reach 75 and max out at 80 on a good day. Trying to take it to the highway around my area with speed limits of 40 to 60 mph.
I think you'll be able to hit those speeds. I'd be careful though. These bikes are tiny.

In my area, I'm more concerned with the brodozers not being able to see you and running people over.

Old 04-12-2019, 10:35 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
Look what 190cc beast that Pitster Pro is dragging out! When a 160cc engine swap is NOT enough...
Wow that little bike looks mean with such a big engine! I hope it can withsand the power as even going 55MPH feels fast on such a small bike. I wonder if the Pitster Pro engine in there is as powerful and has the same 4 valve style head you would get on the Daytona 190cc that Kronik sells? I was just looking at Kronikracing.com website and didn't realize how many different engines and parts they sell until I started clicking on all the different links they have to direct customers to the various types of products they have rather than having one giant list on one page. When I get my Vader that is currently being shipped to me now I want to eventually order a bigger engine from Kronik when I get used to the bike's limits and can afford the parts.
I don't know much about these bikes at all but to me it sure is an interesting idea to put a 190cc engine in something so light because then you get something that is very responsive and fun to ride if it's frame, suspension, brakes, steering etc. (and rider!) can handle the power.

"Life's too short not to enjoy it-So's my China Bike!"-Me

Old 04-13-2019, 11:34 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by solo View Post
I guess you have to buy the turn signals and mirrors then install them for it to be street legal.
I've been looking into one. They come with mirrors and turn signals. They're hoping to have them for sale in July.

Old 04-14-2019, 02:34 AM   #22

2 bolts and 5 wires is all there is to installing the zs 190 and a better swingarm on your clone and your good to go.
Protaper se x110 bars/grips
1/4 MotionPro throttle
Kepspeed Braced swingarm
Chimera rear hub assy
Grom Intergrated tail light
Superlite Sprockets 17/32
custom made from Japan
Chimera Swing Arm Bolt
RK MXZ Chain #420
All Balls wheel bearings
Motodynamic fender eliminator
Coremoto ss brake lines
Composimo 2.5 lower link
Grom Calipers-w/ebc pads/rotors
Michelin tire 140&120
13x4/13x7 fatties
Grom forks

Old 04-14-2019, 10:45 AM   #23

One thing i have picked up on the Zs190 swap into the Grom Clones is , these bikes don't appear to come with the tires balanced ,and in some cases the increased top end speeds have led to some rather interesting and scary conditions being encountered.

If you do the Zs190 swap ,spend the few extra dollars and have both front and back tires balanced by a good shop and avoid the possibility of road rash lol.
2020 Orion RXB250L

Old 04-14-2019, 02:03 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedCrowRides View Post
One thing i have picked up on the Zs190 swap into the Grom Clones is , these bikes don't appear to come with the tires balanced ,and in some cases the increased top end speeds have led to some rather interesting and scary conditions being encountered.

If you do the Zs190 swap ,spend the few extra dollars and have both front and back tires balanced by a good shop and avoid the possibility of road rash lol.
I bought these tiny beads that u put inside your tires
That in turn balances them. I haven't tried them yet but they have very good reviews so I guess we will see.
Protaper se x110 bars/grips
1/4 MotionPro throttle
Kepspeed Braced swingarm
Chimera rear hub assy
Grom Intergrated tail light
Superlite Sprockets 17/32
custom made from Japan
Chimera Swing Arm Bolt
RK MXZ Chain #420
All Balls wheel bearings
Motodynamic fender eliminator
Coremoto ss brake lines
Composimo 2.5 lower link
Grom Calipers-w/ebc pads/rotors
Michelin tire 140&120
13x4/13x7 fatties
Grom forks

Old 04-14-2019, 05:53 PM   #25

I've heard good things about the beads too and saw a YT video of a 190 swap with unbalanced tires. Not pretty.

Changing out the stock brake light with one that has integrated turn signals is also just 2 bolts and 5 wires.

Last edited by scoot newb; 04-16-2019 at 07:48 AM.

Old 05-18-2019, 06:03 AM   #26

Has any more info come put about this bike? As this is one of the few bikes i am interested that i would buy in a heartbeat.

Old 05-18-2019, 06:44 AM   #27

The last I heard they were hoping to have it available in July. It comes with turn signals and mirrors too.

801.796.7416 or email contact@gpxmoto.com or contact@pitsterpro.com

Old 05-18-2019, 07:02 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoot newb View Post
The last I heard they were hoping to have it available in July. It comes with turn signals and mirrors too.

801.796.7416 or email contact@gpxmoto.com or contact@pitsterpro.com
The main thing i want to know is does it have the 2 valve or 4 valve head? I was also curious about the breaks and suspension. All that power is great, but if you cant control it what good is it?

Old 05-18-2019, 07:05 AM   #29

2 valve head. I'm not sure about the details of the brakes and suspension.

Old 05-18-2019, 09:10 AM   #30

I like the exhaust, and the way it is routed. It doesn't appear to have a cat, I'm wondering if that exhaust will bolt right on to my Hellcat.