Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Media/Reviews/Classifieds/Sponsors > Video and Pics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-04-2023, 12:11 PM   #16

Oh one more thing, then I'll shut up He said he was gonna PDI the bike, test rides it, then his only complaint was a dragging caliper and the chain was too tight? Yet, ANOTHER reason I like getting bikes in a crate delivered to my house. Because surely there is some JACK WAGON like Yammie Noob working at the dealer who is supposedly the "trained expert" doing the PDI on my bike. When in reality, do people REALLY think dealers are putting their top accredited Tech's uncrating and assembling bikes all day? I'm willing to bet its some poor schmuck paid 10 bucks an hour.

Old 05-04-2023, 12:29 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsride View Post
Oh one more thing, then I'll shut up He said he was gonna PDI the bike, test rides it, then his only complaint was a dragging caliper and the chain was too tight? Yet, ANOTHER reason I like getting bikes in a crate delivered to my house. Because surely there is some JACK WAGON like Yammie Noob working at the dealer who is supposedly the "trained expert" doing the PDI on my bike. When in reality, do people REALLY think dealers are putting their top accredited Tech's uncrating and assembling bikes all day? I'm willing to bet its some poor schmuck paid 10 bucks an hour.
Exactly. If he would of did a real PDI he would of checked everything he was complaining about before he rode the bike.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 05-04-2023, 12:49 PM   #18

I totally agree with Herbie regarding the chip on his shoulder in the review vid. Admittedly, I didn't watch the second video because after the first one, I'd seen enough and knew what his mindset was.

Again, if it's TRUE that Venom sent Yammie Noob a list of demands, in advance, for his review video, then shame on them. I'd be infuriated and have a bad attitude also. I'd like to hear from Venom on this here, as I've always read here about how good of a dealer they were. It seems them and CSC boil to the top, for sure.

Regarding Yammie Noob....I mean, come on. You don't even check the chain tension before heading out? Really? These bikes were tossed together and crated. Granted, we as China Riders fine tooth comb every bike we get. I've done the same to ALL bikes I've bought, especially new bikes. Lord knows I've found enough issues on new stuff from Japanese dealers. As I've stated in another thread, my Royal Enfield was the only bike I've ever bought that was perfectly setup and didn't need one adjustment, other than control preferences.

Bottom line is, if a new buyer doesn't know to check chain tension, real wheel alignment, or cable adjustments, you best not buy a China bike. If you want to ride something off the dealer lot, and your idea of maintenance is bringing it back in and complaining, then by all means, spend the thousands more.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 05-04-2023, 01:29 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 View Post
Yes, and if you read through the comments we weren't the only ones that expressed our opinion. lol
Yeh after seeing this post, I went back and realized maybe I was a bit mean in one of my comments. I have since corrected the situation (said in the voice of Grady from The Shining).

Old 05-04-2023, 02:10 PM   #20

One fun thing to do if you meet a China basher in person is ask them about their phone. It has yet to fail me that they have an overpriced Iphone they paid a pile of money for. At which point you whip out: "Nice! I wonder where THAT was made?"

You can often pull the same about their big screen TV they are so proud of but not always. Dog Chinese stuff all they want, if we pulled it all off the market the shelves at Wal Mart would be about bare. Chinese stuff is a large part of our lives, always thought it was kind of funny to draw the line arbitrarily at motorcycles. I don't have time for such people.

Old 05-04-2023, 02:39 PM   #21

The Chinese car market has dedicated original domestically designed and produced cars.

But in addition, there are German-Chinese ventures and even US-China production agreements (Ford/Lincoln, in particular)
Here are some examples (We will NEVER see these cars imported to USA!

BMW X1 – marketed as the Brilliance 1E

VW Polo (Jetta on smaller VW Polo platform)
Jetta LWB (long wheel based) is a standard Jetta
VW is BIG in China

Audi A4 and A7, A8 sportback. These models have slightly different styling

MB A-class LWB (again with the long wheel based version).

Cherokee (Yup, a Jeep) discontinued, got a face lift and continued with Mitsubishi or MB engine

Ford Taurus/Mondeo
Ford Territory (Australian model, an SUV/CUV)

Lincoln Zephyr, built with a CHinese specific built Ford engine (Changan-Ford)

And of course there are the blatant copy cars (CG clones!?):
Land Wing (Evoque)
Dongfeng Hanma (Hummer) looks like the original with tire pressure legs!
Geely GE (Rolls Phantom)

Suzhou Eagle Carrie - Porsche 718 Cayman

Dadi Shuttle - Toyota Land Cruiser Prado

Victory S10 - Cadillac Escalade

Old 05-04-2023, 05:05 PM   #22

I have 4 Chinese motos and 1 Russian one and all are doing just fine. I have owned many Japanese motos and one American one and they did fine too.
When someone makes fun of my motos I ask them about their cell phone and their TV and just about everything they have bought recently. lol

Old 05-04-2023, 07:09 PM   #23

If Venom provided a bike for review with a list of conditions, then its no longer a review.

If you confident in a product then give the reviewer free reign...

Secondly don't give review samples to egotistical influencers with click bait material.

I can't say I'm surprised with the outcome.

If you are confident in a product then find a decent reviewer perhaps Yamies ex producer Spite's Corner would have been the smarter choice.

Old 05-04-2023, 07:56 PM   #24

The great thing is everything is made in China or at least has Chinese parts. Farmers in my area grow soy and it gets shipped to China for electronics. It is the way of the world. Honestly my first bike I seriously rode was a csc sg250, then I bought a kpm200 from venom. Both bikes taught me how to work on motorcycles, how to break motorcycles and how to fix them. I have an affinity for small displacement “China” bikes now.

Old 05-04-2023, 08:04 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by XLsior View Post
If Venom provided a bike for review with a list of conditions, then its no longer a review.

If you confident in a product then give the reviewer free reign...

Secondly don't give review samples to egotistical influencers with click bait material.

I can't say I'm surprised with the outcome.

If you are confident in a product then find a decent reviewer perhaps Yamies ex producer Spite's Corner would have been the smarter choice.
The whole problem with yammie noobs statement about Venom and their requirements for the review is that it is only his word that the video is going on. He has no proof of his statements about Venom. He could be not telling the truth or just partial truths about the whole Venom scenario. One thing is for sure in what I got out of it and that is the whole review was intended to harm from the beginning. Listen to what he says about the bike before he even opens the box! And he hopes Venom loses a couple of hundred customers. His intent is pretty clear to me.
2022 Venom Ghost chopper 250
1997 Honda GL1500 Goldwing
1978 Kawasaki KL250
https://youtube.com/@herbiesgarage681

Old 05-05-2023, 06:15 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbie View Post
The whole problem with yammie noobs statement about Venom and their requirements for the review is that it is only his word that the video is going on. He has no proof of his statements about Venom. He could be not telling the truth or just partial truths about the whole Venom scenario. One thing is for sure in what I got out of it and that is the whole review was intended to harm from the beginning. Listen to what he says about the bike before he even opens the box! And he hopes Venom loses a couple of hundred customers. His intent is pretty clear to me.

Yeah but Venom approached Yammie in the first place, Correct?

Unless Yammie approached Venom initially, which would transpire events in a completely alternative way.

From what I can tell Venom wanted exposure/clout without doing a background check.

When you offer pie to someone makes sure they aren't likely to throw it back into your face.

Old 05-05-2023, 06:34 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdahoRider View Post
Yammie Noob: "No one should buy a chinese motorcycle"
Yammie Noob: "I bought a chinese motorcycle"

Its all about getting clicks on YouTube.
Of which of which, I've never given him one. Haha

I give my motorcycle clicks (and limited bandwidth) to Ryan on Fortnine.

I prefer good content

Old 05-05-2023, 07:11 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by XLsior View Post
Yeah but Venom approached Yammie in the first place, Correct?

Unless Yammie approached Venom initially, which would transpire events in a completely alternative way.

From what I can tell Venom wanted exposure/clout without doing a background check.

When you offer pie to someone makes sure they aren't likely to throw it back into your face.
Those are good points. I’m not sure who approached who, according to yammies story Venom approached him, but that’s just his words. Granted it would make sense that a growing company would want exposure to as many people as possible and yammies channel has a lot of exposure. That being said, it would be a terrible decision for Venom to choose him to review their bike, mainly because he’s used to fast motorcycles and would poo poo the China bikes for that alone. You have to ask yourself, why would he go to Venom and purchase a motorcycle that he knows is not going to meet his expectations? Is he trying to “help his viewers “ by showing how bad a product this bike is? It seemed from the beginning that he had an agenda and that was to hurt Venom and trash China bikes. There’s more questions than answers right now but I don’t care about yammie noobs channel, I do care about a company that offers us chinabike riders a good product at a decent price with good product support.
2022 Venom Ghost chopper 250
1997 Honda GL1500 Goldwing
1978 Kawasaki KL250
https://youtube.com/@herbiesgarage681

Old 05-05-2023, 08:18 AM   #29

My guess would be Yammie approached Venom expecting to get a bike and paid sponsorship. I'm sure Venom gets tons of request from You Tubers for free bikes daily so there is no reason for them to approach Yammie. As far as a Contract, I'm sure Venoms legal department requires one as I'm willing to bet Venom has probably sent out bikes in the past and the You Tuber just took the bike and gave nothing back. It would be good to hear from someone with Venom on what really happened.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 05-05-2023, 01:49 PM   #30

New video.

This is the reason why it's a mistake to call 250 a 230.

He is doing it just to trash the brand, but if you call it 250 and it's 230. Then you compare it to an actual 250, it's going to lose everywhere.

Then if he got a max speed of 57 mph, then he got a bad engine or he was just not pushing it...