Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pit/Pocket Bikes & Scooters
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2023, 11:11 PM   #1

My new coworker/ my jobs new mechanic broke my stator.

So idk what exactly happened but I’m pretty sure he wasn’t paying attention and a screw or bolt or something was inside the magneto when he put it on my bike because when he started it, we heard a terrible noise so he cut it off and couldn’t figure it out right then. But the next day, aka today, he realized it wasn’t getting spark. He checked the stator and it was shredded up. We didn’t have a replacement one at my job so I have to find one online and my boss will buy it to replace the one the new guy f’ed up. But the only problem is I can’t find a 7 pole D/C 4 wire stator ( 3 wire plug green white and yellow wires side by side in a row, and a single wire with a female connector and it’s black with a red stripe I think). All the stators I see online have the same 3 wire plug but they have 2 other loose wires one with a female connector and the other has a male connector. All the wires are the same color as mine but the extra blue and yellow wire. Also none of the websites mention if it’s a ac or dc stator. My scooter has a Chinese 2t 1pe40qmb minarelli engine. If you guys can help me figure out what I should do, like will the 5 wire stator work or keep looking for the 4 wire stator, or do any of y’all know where I can buy the one I need.