Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Other Brands
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-15-2024, 06:00 PM   #1

Electric Dirt bikes

I guess this is inevitable. But think about it. Nearly silent running. You can ride anywhere with stealth

and ride wild without making all of that racket right next to a library, or Ranger station

Here's the first entry in this thread. It is not the first electric dirt bike by any means! But it is remarkable in specification (80hp, up to 6hours. under 250lbs, which exceeds any modern ICE powered entry already). Pretty impressive:

https://starkfuture.com/

There are videos in the website, and all over youtube

Last edited by Thumper; 03-15-2024 at 08:08 PM.

Old 03-15-2024, 07:43 PM   #2

Not paying $12.5K for a toy. And the 6-hour range is under optimal conditions, so range anxiety will be a thing for long rides.
1969 Honda CT90--The Tomahto
Cheesy is the WDK (workplace drama king). Now retired. Nope, back in the saddle.
Climate: The Movie https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A24fWmNA6lM
How our government really works https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjadCd0VRBw
Question all authority.....think for yourself

Old 03-15-2024, 08:17 PM   #3

These bikes are now winning MX races. ICE can't compete. And they are competing with the major brands at price point. 6 hours is definitely competitive with the big boy MXers which hold a little more than a gallon. It's a race, not a marathon.

Of course these bikes are not for us geriatric individuals, that isn't the point ! Not sure about you, but I ride off road, and my limit is closer to 2 or 3 hours

The point is that this is the beginning of change. It's a great reason for wishing to be a teenager again! If I had the money, I'd look into them. They have modes that increase range, make them less wildly powerful.

And, you would be amazed at how easy it is to ride a KTM off road. They are ultra lightweight, stiff, have "adequate" adjustable suspension, and they are a serious contrast to the low priced bikes we discuss and work on here. My KTM 250SX is incredible. I can lift the front end from a stop, and drop it down in the opposite direction, and it only cost ~$8300 in 2020. And it is made to handle that type of front wheel sideways drop! I got a way better deal, but it is definitely my favorite toy now.

Old 03-18-2024, 12:02 PM   #4

I'm seeing more and more E-bicycles go by our house. We live in a tourist area and the valley unloads up here every weekend on two wheels. The biggest issue with electric up here is PG&E's rates. Unless we get a solar carport, gas is still cheaper, even at 5.00 a gallon. We live in the dark and cold, every light has been switched to LED in the house and we still average 350.00 a month for electricity. They just raised the rates again, and will again in a few months, to supposedly cover the cost of under-grounding the lines. If we get the carport, I'll be the first guy to plug a used Fiat 500E into it, believe me.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350