Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Media/Reviews/Classifieds/Sponsors > Free Classifieds > Parts & Accessories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2009, 03:20 AM   #1

Zongshen 200GY-2: Engine O-Rings, Bike Plastic Hardware

As you might know, I just finished repainting the plastic on my Zongshen Sierra 200GY-2 motorcycle. If you own a Zong, you are familiar with the method used to mount the motorcycle’s plastic. Each plastic panel, including the front fender, has two, or three mounting holes. Each of these holes is filled with a rubber grommet, and a flanged sleeve that accepts the mounting bolt, as shown inside the yellow circles in the photograph below.

These rubber grommets will eventually fail, and it is easy to lose the flanged sleeves. The last time I checked, Zongshen America did not stock the body plastic mounting hardware. Therefore, I have been searching for the proper rubber grommets, and flanged sleeves; I am happy to report I have found them. I needed to purchase these components in bulk, so I have extra hardware available for other Zong owners who might want it.

The front fender uses three rubber grommets that are larger than the other grommets used on the Zong. I also have extra fender grommets, which are very durable, and are manufactured to meet U.S. military specifications (milspec).

After riding 21,000 miles on my Zong, I had two engine O-rings fail. One valve cover O-ring started to weep oil. Also, the O-ring located inside the cover for the oil filter started to weep oil. I patched these O-rings with RTV silicon until I obtained their replacements. Once again, Zongshen America did not currently have these O-rings in stock. I could have replaced these components with Yamaha O-rings. However, the lowest price I could find was $4.93, plus shipping, for the valve cover O-ring.

http://www.cyclepartswarehouse.com/f...009&fveh=28571

The lowest price I found for the oil filter cover O-ring was $3.95, plus shipping.

http://www.cyclepartswarehouse.com/f...009&fveh=28571

I found quality, Buna-N O-rings, in small packets, for a much better price. Therefore, I also have extra O-rings available for other Zong owners who might want them.

If you are interested in any of these items, please repond to this thread. I didn’t spend a lot of money for these items, and I am not trying to make a profit from them. However, I do have more than I need, so I am willing to share them with my fellow Zong owners. Since these items are very light, I can mail them in a padded envelop, via the U.S. Postal Service.

If enough people are interested, I am willing to exert the effort to sell these items for my costs, plus actual shipping costs. Hardware to mount the body plastic, and fender, for the entire motorcycle consists of 16 rubber grommets, and 26 flanged sleeves. A complete set of body plastic hardware will cost about $5.50 . Valve Cover O-rings will cost about $1.50 apiece. Oil filter cover O-rings will cost about $1.75 apiece. Shipping and packaging will probably cost about $2.00 for each shipment within the United States.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 04-09-2010, 07:29 PM   #2

Location: Wheeling, WV native currently living In Natchitoches, LA
Send a message via AIM to BrianW
Spud, I do not know if you still have any of these grommets and o-rings. If you do, I certainly would like a complete set of all I will need. 21k does not seem like a lot of miles with the way I am riding this bike and I would like to have a spare set of all I will to save me the hassle later. If you are fresh-out, that is perfectly fine, too.

Old 04-11-2010, 10:19 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianW
Spud, I do not know if you still have any of these grommets and o-rings. If you do, I certainly would like a complete set of all I will need. 21k does not seem like a lot of miles with the way I am riding this bike and I would like to have a spare set of all I will to save me the hassle later. If you are fresh-out, that is perfectly fine, too.
Brian, I do have the hardware required to mount the body plastic, and fender, for the entire motorcycle. I want to be certain the oil filter cover O-rings are the correct size before I sell them; I will verify this information in the next few days. At the moment, I don’t have any valve cover O-rings. :( I will contact you via email to arrange the transaction.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 04-29-2010, 02:39 AM   #4

I now have a supply of valve cover, and oil filter cover O-rings. I have verified they fit the Zong. If anyone is interested in these items, please reply to this post, or send me a personal message.

Spud

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220