Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Registration Issues
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2020, 10:42 PM   #16

I have been in contact with Don Hopper at Advance Product Merchandise Company. He sells a Bashan Enforcer BSR 250 I like. According to him:
¨Yes, the metal plate is attached to the neck of the frame. All of Bashan’s models is DOT Conformity, NHTSA plated and listed in the Nadar Base with the DMV.....We also provide a complete registration document set on all street legal products, sent to the registering owners address (We ask you email the vin number along with the name/address of the registering owner up on receipt of your unit by email). This process confirms the vin number on your unit is correct along with the registering information, all documents is filled out complete including the MCO, BOS & ODS and will arrive in 2 to 3 business days¨.

I plan to order first of the week. I´ll post the results.

Old 11-29-2020, 09:09 AM   #17

I would look into ordering that bike from somewhere else.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 11-29-2020, 09:46 AM   #18

Don used to be one of the best ,but a few months ago he was having issues or rather some members were having issues actually receiving a bike from him ,and some weirdness with paying for the bikes as well ,all on Dons part .If he has things figured out and an actual bike in stock you should be golden ,at least from what I remember .You might try searching this site for those threads for better clarification .

Old 11-29-2020, 12:35 PM   #19

I would probably order elsewhere, like from these guys. Phttps://www.bobcatsmotorsports.com/category_s/284.htm

You might have some better luck with the hit-or-miss places like TXPowersports as well. From what I understand (this was explained by a friend/dealer), the problem with APMC is in order to have those prices that look too-good-to-be-true there is a minimum number of bikes that must be ordered at one time from the distributor by APMC. So, if someone orders a bike, APMC has to hope that a certain number of other customers will come along and get the same bike at that time. Hence the waiting game several people have reported. If this is the case, I am pretty sure he doesn't keep the money in a special account to refund right away, hence those people waiting and waiting seemingly months for a refund AFTER waiting months for a bike that never materialized. I understand he has not blatantly ripped anyone off, at least mentioned here, but I wouldn't want to be the one to find out the hard way!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 11-30-2020, 01:41 PM   #20

Thanks to those of you concerned about APMC. Don and I have been emailing and I spoke with him today. Seems like a good guy to me. I have been reading extensively here and evaluated the dealers with the best reviews, poor reviews and the maybes. The best either did not carry a model I wanted or they were more expensive. Some I would not even consider from the bad reviews. APMC was in the maybe category. Don now has a new credit card processor (Chase/We Pay). You place the order online and the CC company invoices you directly. He never has access to your actual CC info. The bike will be shipped directly from California to me. His company is not physically stocking this motorcycle. They are in stock in CA. I will not be invoiced if they are out of stock. Don has already done the legwork to find a freight terminal close by and gave me several choices for shipping. I did not want use Saia, which is the only one offering lift-gate service. Anyway, forewarned and cautious, I place the order with him today for Bashan Enforcer DB-41H-250. I will post updates including how the registration goes here in Georgia. BTW he no longer carries the Hawk because it is not registered DOT compliant. He most likely will again if they ever comply.

Old 11-30-2020, 01:51 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by josémoto View Post
Thanks to those of you concerned about APMC. Don and I have been emailing and I spoke with him today. Seems like a good guy to me. I have been reading extensively here and evaluated the dealers with the best reviews, poor reviews and the maybes. The best either did not carry a model I wanted or they were more expensive. Some I would not even consider from the bad reviews. APMC was in the maybe category. Don now has a new credit card processor (Chase/We Pay). You place the order online and the CC company invoices you directly. He never has access to your actual CC info. The bike will be shipped directly from California to me. His company is not physically stocking this motorcycle. They are in stock in CA. I will not be invoiced if they are out of stock. Don has already done the legwork to find a freight terminal close by and gave me several choices for shipping. I did not want use Saia, which is the only one offering lift-gate service. Anyway, forewarned and cautious, I place the order with him today for Bashan Enforcer DB-41H-250. I will post updates including how the registration goes here in Georgia. BTW he no longer carries the Hawk because it is not registered DOT compliant. He most likely will again if they ever comply.
I bought a Hawk and UTV from Don about 4 years ago. I have nothing but good to say about him. Even though it's been 4 years he still emails me every now and then.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 12-02-2020, 10:52 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by josémoto View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 View Post
I bought a Hawk and UTV from Don about 4 years ago. I have nothing but good to say about him. Even though it's been 4 years he still emails me every now and then.
If he can process credit cards, then he should be just as good as other online places. I think that was the issue prior--you did not get the protection of using a credit card. When he was the Chinariders.net 'go to' dealer, he was taking credit cards.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 12-02-2020, 07:59 PM   #23

Yes purchased yesterday with credit card. (jos here AKA josemoto, this site does not like the accented character)

Last edited by jos; 12-02-2020 at 08:02 PM. Reason: part of post was dropped

Old 12-13-2020, 11:30 PM   #24

Follow up

Received Bashan BSR 250 on Thursday the 10th. Sent off the email request with VIN on the same day for MCO. Shipped Old Dominion freight, no damage. So far so good. Bike does have FHTSA plate riveted to column. I'll do another follow up when I get her registered!

Old 12-13-2020, 11:54 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by jos View Post
Received Bashan BSR 250 on Thursday the 10th. Sent off the email request with VIN on the same day for MCO. Shipped Old Dominion freight, no damage. So far so good. Bike does have FHTSA plate riveted to column. I'll do another follow up when I get her registered!
Thank goodness he is able to pull through once again!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 12-17-2020, 12:04 PM   #26

Got my tag today!

Good news, registered my BSR 250 today in Georgia with no problems. I received all the paperwork from Don which included MCO, Bill of Sale, and Odometer Declaration. I purchased insurance yesterday online from Progressive. I did not bother to get the inspection or fill out the request for title form. Went in to the county tax office and handed what I had to the lady at the window. I don't think she even realized it was a MCO and not a title. She was too busy looking for VIN number, photocopying my license and asking me questions about color, cylinders etc. She has already pulled the tag and I had written the check. Then she turned the MCO over and realized it was not a standard title. Puzzled, she asked if I bought it from a company or an individual. I told her a company American Powersports Manufacturing. She told me she had to go and talk to the lady who normally does titles. I became worried as she left for the back office. But when she came back, she handed me the tag and registration. She said I would receive my new title in the mail in 10 days. One trip and done. I feel pretty confident that even if I have had to fill out the other two forms, registration would have been successful. On another note tag was $108 and insurance was $75.

Old 12-17-2020, 07:12 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by jos View Post
Good news, registered my BSR 250 today in Georgia with no problems. I received all the paperwork from Don which included MCO, Bill of Sale, and Odometer Declaration. I purchased insurance yesterday online from Progressive. I did not bother to get the inspection or fill out the request for title form. Went in to the county tax office and handed what I had to the lady at the window. I don't think she even realized it was a MCO and not a title. She was too busy looking for VIN number, photocopying my license and asking me questions about color, cylinders etc. She has already pulled the tag and I had written the check. Then she turned the MCO over and realized it was not a standard title. Puzzled, she asked if I bought it from a company or an individual. I told her a company American Powersports Manufacturing. She told me she had to go and talk to the lady who normally does titles. I became worried as she left for the back office. But when she came back, she handed me the tag and registration. She said I would receive my new title in the mail in 10 days. One trip and done. I feel pretty confident that even if I have had to fill out the other two forms, registration would have been successful. On another note tag was $108 and insurance was $75.
Jos,

I was wondering the other day when we would hear from you.

Glad to hear the good news. Enjoy!

Old 12-18-2020, 12:29 AM   #28

Thanks

Old 12-27-2020, 12:56 PM   #29

Anyone doing this in Georgia, and Jos, you will have to bug your DMV people when the title fails to show up in the mail after a couple weeks. You can check the status online with the GA DMV(whatever the name) with the VIN and your GA DL info(I think). It likely will show up 'in process', but you will have to call to get the county DMV to poke at the Atlanta people. Seems they don't print until someone gripes, then it does show up within ~10 days.
I went through this twice re-titling out of state vehicles. New may work differently.
Your fees should have included the 'property tax' full amount so you will only have the 'tag fee' annually, about $25-29.
If you go to the GA licensing site, and poke around looking for 'title application' or 'title transfer' ... you will find the 'required documentation' and it is pretty simple. BUT. They do not follow those guidelines, and ask for two more things: 1)LEO inspection and certification - local sheriff comes and inspects at your home and 2) a declaration stating cylinders, hp/displacement, etc, confirming it is a machine worthy of issuing a title. You can download the 'statement' and the 'inspection' PDF files and fill out as much as you can prior to the inspection and trip to the DMV.
tom

Old 01-05-2021, 12:04 PM   #30

Wow. Thank you grumpyunk for the heads up. No I still do not have my GA title. This coming Thursday the 7th will be 3 weeks. Will call my local tax office then.