Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Media/Reviews/Classifieds/Sponsors > Video and Pics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2007, 02:01 PM   #1

Americanlifan.com

Hello all... I am actually re-doing the site so that it can be a
little more infomative for everyone but in order to add a little more
flare I was wanting to put a few picutres up of lifan bike owners with
their bikes.

So if anyone would like to be on the main page and would allow me to
use your photos I would greatly appreciate it. The photos may be re-
sized but they will not be cropped. You would get complete credit for
your photos. I know there are MANY pictures in the photo section but
we are not t-motorsports.

I am also open to suggestions on the site as far as site features and
sections so if you get a chance feel free to email me.

Shawn
shawn@americanlifan.com

Old 11-13-2007, 02:55 PM   #2

Wow, It's great to see a person from AL on the site....Welcome.

Old 11-13-2007, 03:02 PM   #3

Sorry it has been a long time since ive been on the forum... trying to get this company going in the right direction is taking a lot of work with the way the market is right now.

If anyones needs anything please feel free to email me at shawn@americanlifan.com or if you need any type of tech help email David Moore at support@americanlifan.com.

Once again any pictures would be appreciated...

Old 11-13-2007, 09:03 PM   #4

Shawn, you are welcome to any of my pictures. I think I have one of me with the bike. Of course it is not the latest model.

Some modifications have been made also.

Thanks for you help and I am waiting for a larger dual sport.

Allen

Old 11-13-2007, 11:00 PM   #5

Hah, Shawn I like that "we are not tmotorsports", one of the other grey ebay dealers ripped off my pictures...

My bike is Canadian (since I'm in Canada) and not technicaly an american lifan, but it looks the same and not a grey ebay one. You are welcome to any of my pictures if you want (gallery link on the www button under my post here), some riding in the snow and just all sorts of them, it's been around...

Old 11-14-2007, 12:10 AM   #6

Hey, I bought my bike from T-motorsports and have had NO problems, By all means read through my posts... I have plenty of pics, just because it's rebadged i'm sure it came out of the same plant/factory, TRUTH is my grey market bike seems to be of better quality than the 06 American Lifan GY-5's, I've seen them both side by side... Either way Shawn, you are welcome to my pics and glad to have you aboard, welcome...

Old 11-14-2007, 01:45 AM   #7

Ambassador I wasn't trying to say there was anything wrong with the tms bikes, in fact due to the cost difference here in Canada if I were to buy again I would buy online... I just agree about the business practices (not sure about tms, but others do rip off images).

Old 11-15-2007, 11:18 AM   #8

katoranger: nice mods! Where did you get them from? We have 2 larger dual sports on the way...

Jim: Ive seen T-motorsports steal more than pictures. Its just sad how people can screw over people so bad. Good new though is that the T-motorsports owner is MIA.. maybe this is a good sign. Oh and we welcome everyone.... even Canadians

Ambassador: T-motorsports continue to include parts on their bikes that are known to be deffective. The 06' American Lifan GY-5 had problems, i'll admit that, but us minding our P's & Q's we fixed all of the defects. The American Lifan 07' model is near flawless and almost as good as you are going to get out of a 200cc enduro.... now we are focusing on bigger CC Models.

We are mainly looking for pictures with the owners on/with their bikes... if you could email these to me Ill get them up on the site... when emailing please include your name/city/state so that I can give you full credit.

Thanks a bunch guys!

Old 11-15-2007, 01:17 PM   #9

Shawn, I have seen your postings on the LF200GY site, but haven't seen them there or here for a while. It is nice to see the one manufacturer of Chinese bikes that seems poised to go really big participating at a grass roots level.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 11-15-2007, 01:42 PM   #10

So exactly what sizes of DS are in the works??? Now I am curious.

Old 11-15-2007, 02:10 PM   #11

culcune: I try to be as helpful as I can... hoping the view on "all chinese" bikes" will change as soon as it can.

AZ200cc: With our dual sport models they have a water-cooled 250cc ready. An Air-cooled 300cc prototype is ready to come over for epa testing. A water-cooled 450cc is in R&D as we speak.(this could take a year or more)

Old 11-15-2007, 02:40 PM   #12

Wow very cool, Glad to hear about the 250 and 300...If You need someone to test em out just lemme know

Old 11-15-2007, 02:42 PM   #13

This is good to hear!
2017 Coleman CT200U
1978 Yamaha SR500E
1979 Yamaha XS650 Special II

Old 11-15-2007, 03:21 PM   #14

Re: ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by americanlifan
culcune: I try to be as helpful as I can... hoping the view on "all chinese" bikes" will change as soon as it can.

AZ200cc: With our dual sport models they have a water-cooled 250cc ready. An Air-cooled 300cc prototype is ready to come over for epa testing. A water-cooled 450cc is in R&D as we speak.(this could take a year or more)
Do these have anything to do with the Asiawing company? I know that in China, several "separate" companies are affiliated with each other in some way or another. For instance, if you dig around Shineray's site, in a message from the CEO, he states something about working in cooperation with Lifan. Asiawing has EPA certified 250 and 300cc enduros on their site, and shows a 450cc for the future, yet hardly few are in the US, and no one seems to import them. Now, Lifan is (finally) introducing these same displacement models.

Not that I am criticizing Lifan, I was just wondering if this was why we haven't seen Asiawings here, in spite of their EPA certificate; Asiawing is an offshoot brand of Lifan?

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 11-15-2007, 03:24 PM   #15

culcune: "American Lifan" is the only US company with EPA certs on ANY Lifan machine.... Including t-motorsports. China Lifan does not hold these.