Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2014, 01:03 PM   #1

Fast Food Redefined

Hello,

I am using your forum for a slightly different purpose. I am here to gather data for a small business that I plan to open. I am looking for the best 150cc, 200cc and 250cc manufacturer available in the, United States, to be my marquee brand at my restaurant and motorcycle shop. I am also open to any pointers form others who have undertaken similar ventures.

The menu part is easy as I got a table full of taste testers ready to let me know what is good and what is yucky.

Ride Full, Ride Fast,
Andy

Old 09-19-2014, 03:36 PM   #2

I have a few of the TaoTao 150G's. They seem to be the best value for the 150's as mine have held up great with lots of abuse and I haven't seen any bad reviews for them. I don't have any experience with the larger sizes but i'm sure they're great too!

Old 09-19-2014, 10:46 PM   #3

Wow! What a coincidence...a guy on mychinamoto has this exact same idea!!

Just kidding--welcome to here!!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 09-19-2014, 11:36 PM   #4

He must be a genius.

Thanx for the warm welcome

Andy

Old 09-20-2014, 01:08 PM   #5

Welcome; we are glad you joined us.

I assume you are looking for Chinese bikes? Are you looking for a single manufacturer?

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 09-20-2014, 07:36 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider View Post
Welcome; we are glad you joined us.

I assume you are looking for Chinese bikes? Are you looking for a single manufacturer?
Yes, I am focusing on Chinese bikes due to size, price point, and a hunch they may be the next Honda, Suzuki, Kawasaki, or Yamaha.
As far as a single manufacture goes I think that may be easier but if carrying multiple lines turns out to be the way to go to make my business work that is what I will do. So we will just say I open on that for now.

for the warm welcome

Andy

Old 09-21-2014, 06:42 PM   #7

Welcome Andy! I'm interested in following the progress of your business idea. I hope it goes well for you.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 09-21-2014, 08:26 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cafe`Cafe View Post
Yes, I am focusing on Chinese bikes due to size, price point, and a hunch they may be the next Honda, Suzuki, Kawasaki, or Yamaha.
As far as a single manufacture goes I think that may be easier but if carrying multiple lines turns out to be the way to go to make my business work that is what I will do. So we will just say I open on that for now.

for the warm welcome
Did you contact Excalibur? They carry a few different manufacturers, and can get ones they don't have on their site, such as Ice Bear. They show a couple of the TaoTao ATVs for instance, but can get hold of all the scooters line, as well, since they are a licensed distributor. LIke I had mentioned on mychinamoto, I can vouch for the the TMEC enduro, and in fact, two guys from Wisconsin have both bought one and wrote about them in threads under the dual-sport section. They also carry the HiSun UTVs. In fact, they do have a dealer in Wisconsin, but as long as you guys aren't too close geographically, you can both be dealers.

Your business sounds like a combination business I had read about, but cannot remember where. Your idea does make more sense, however, since there are quite a few restaurants that people gather at on rides (i.e. The Rock Store in the L.A. area).

The business I remember reading about was a combination hardware store and licensed bar in Oregon. Yes, a lot different than your idea, but not as outrageous as it sounds--people in small town hardware stores would probably stick around and talk anyway; why not sell them beer to drink, too? People looking to buy a low-cost Chinese bike, or parts and accessories, or even just to look, might stop and grab a bite to eat if such a combination place existed. In fact, oftentimes there are 'weird' combo businesses, although I don't consider buying a bike or parts and eating at the same place that strange! My only concern if I was you would be greasy fingers touching all my inventory! LOL

In fact, for marketing purposes, you should look into the Ice Bear bikes--at least this bike...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pbz110-1p_67548_400x400.jpg (17.9 KB, 39 views)

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 09-21-2014, 08:45 PM   #9

Sorry to drone on, but the above bike would be the perfect delivery rig if you did deliveries, or to throw in parades with someone sitting in the side car tossing stuff to the crowd. Ice Bear also carry these mini jeeps. perfect for parades and marketing, even if they are not street legal like the minitrail bike/rig. there are several videos on youtube if you put in 'ice bear mini jeep' only one video on the sidecar bike, however
Attached Images
File Type: jpg paz125-1_72575_400x400.jpg (16.0 KB, 43 views)

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 09-22-2014, 12:24 AM   #10

Thanks WeldandGrind I will keep all posted as I go forward.
culcune, seem real fond of the TMEC, think I may have to search out that bike and take it for a spin.
Contacted Excalibur and waiting on a reply, dont want to move to fast as I want to make sure I do this right.

Andy

Tags
not honda, not kawasaki, not suzuki, not yamaha