Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2016, 09:35 AM   #1

I found it!

After putting about 2k miles on the hawk , I can find neutral while riding. Before , the only way I could hit neutral was by using my hand while sitting still. It seems to be getting better.

Old 07-28-2016, 10:52 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckrug4 View Post
After putting about 2k miles on the hawk , I can find neutral while riding. Before , the only way I could hit neutral was by using my hand while sitting still. It seems to be getting better.
Good news. The TT is "getting better" but is still hard to find when hot. I'm hoping as the miles and oil changes happen, it will get much easier.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 07-28-2016, 10:54 AM   #3

everybike I have ever had ...
XR70
CR125R
CR250R
R6

all were hard to find neutral ... maybe this bike it worse but a trick i found was to tap the shifter instead of trying to go super easy

Old 07-29-2016, 09:15 AM   #4

My brother's is quite easier to get into neutral on his Hawk, but mine as it get's hot is almost impossible. It may make a huge difference with an oil change though. I'm gonna try to run some really good GN4 oil in it and see if it helps when I do the oil change.

Old 07-29-2016, 01:20 PM   #5

after riding my hawk i get what your saying but try this .... when your in 2ed gear just tap the shifter down ... use your foot like a impack gun just tap and once you get used too it you will find N real easy

Old 07-30-2016, 02:58 PM   #6

My speedometer quit working at 20 miles and the odometer followed at 30 miles, but at what I estimated to be 50 miles l changed the oil to conventional Valvoline 10w-40 4 stroke motorcycle oil, because I was not able to find neutral at all with the engine running and I figured it couldn't hurt to try.

The only way I could get it into neutral was with the engine off. I was getting false neutral indications too, which concerned me. I tried the light tap down from second. I tried everything. The oil change seems to have done the trick. I can actually find neutral relatively easily now. If I could get a working speedometer and odometer, I would be really satisfied with this bike.

2016 CSC TT250

Old 07-30-2016, 03:24 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrey View Post
Buy mjstefs cluster when avalible and be done with that cable problem.
I'm going to.

2016 CSC TT250

Old 07-31-2016, 09:03 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonjester View Post
My speedometer quit working at 20 miles and the odometer followed at 30 miles, but at what I estimated to be 50 miles l changed the oil to conventional Valvoline 10w-40 4 stroke motorcycle oil, because I was not able to find neutral at all with the engine running and I figured it couldn't hurt to try.

The only way I could get it into neutral was with the engine off. I was getting false neutral indications too, which concerned me. I tried the light tap down from second. I tried everything. The oil change seems to have done the trick. I can actually find neutral relatively easily now. If I could get a working speedometer and odometer, I would be really satisfied with this bike.
Gerry at CSC told me to use an oil that states it's for use in motorcycles because other oils have more detergents in them that don't do the wet clutch any good. He suggested I use a 20-50 and I too found that Valvoline makes several different weights. Available at Walmart for less than $4 a qt.
The light tap approach that has been mentioned for finding neutral works well for me.

Old 07-31-2016, 11:06 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrey View Post
I forgot you signed up for one on the other post. I think you will like it. it has the modern look to it.
Yeah, the only problem is the guy has to buy 100 up front and there may not be enough interest for him to fork out the cash.

2016 CSC TT250

Old 07-31-2016, 11:49 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonjester View Post
Yeah, the only problem is the guy has to buy 100 up front and there may not be enough interest for him to fork out the cash.

I'll get them ordered tonight. I think their is enough interest and as word gets out their will be more. The accurate speedo is a HUGE plus as well as the gear indicator and the low fuel light.....

Old 07-31-2016, 03:13 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjstef View Post
I'll get them ordered tonight. I think their is enough interest and as word gets out their will be more. The accurate speedo is a HUGE plus as well as the gear indicator and the low fuel light.....
I was hoping you'd say that!

2016 CSC TT250