Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pit/Pocket Bikes & Scooters
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-08-2014, 06:10 PM   #1

Roketa 250 strip down and maint.

Moving my original post to here.... Starting a project on a Roketa 250 scooter. Purchased 3rd person. 2nd owner had for almost 2 years but didn't do anything with it. (old man who didn't have the energy to ride anymore) 1st owner did a lot of crazy things to the bike. Reason I know the 2nd owner didn't ride much is the last odo on the title when registed 2 years prior was only 1 mile under where the current mileage was. It has 12k on it. It's missing a lot of bolts, nuts, and major parts the more I dig. Small things like nuts and bolts are easy to come by and add, However the intake didn't even have an air box attached??? What's up? So far I've changed to oil and spark plug. Fixing to drain and refill the gear oil. Getting things secured and tied like loose wires and everything just to make sure it's safe and secure. Drained the tank and ordered a new fuel filter. Cleaned the carb. Inspected the wiring and needed to add some shrink tubing on the plug that went to the ignition since 2 wires looked they had been spliced. Remote for the bike doesn't work and found the speakers and box unplugged and wires cut. Horn doesn't work, tried to bypass to a speaker and it's the horn not switch. Going to post pics.... I've said it before and I'll say it again. Please feel free to voice any opinion, or advice that would be helpful or not! I like to hear what everyone has to say!!! You never know diff of opinions leads to learning!