Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2010, 10:14 PM   #1

Gio 125cc Rebel ATV - Super secret oil drain? *High res pic*

So I was just putting together the new 125cc I got and after all the problems I've had with my 200cc rebel I was hoping this one would go smoother! Well it did go really smooth until I hit one of the last steps, changing out the oil. I drained all the shipping oil, replaced the bolt and started adding oil.....

All the oil came out from this area in front of the sprocket, I don't know much but I'm assuming this is bad. Is it coming from that corner near the bottom? wtf

Old 07-17-2010, 12:50 AM   #2

Mate can you zoom that thing out some? It's so big I'm having issues getting my bearings on what I'm looking at.

Old 07-17-2010, 02:16 AM   #3

Yes, an aditional pic at a lower resolution would be good.

Not sure what motor you have but there is a seal around the output shaft where your front sprocket is. Might have a seal that was damaged during the install or not installed correctly. you could verify by taking the cover off and taking a look.

Dont try and start it till you get it fixed though for sure.

Old 07-17-2010, 11:08 AM   #4

Here's my guess: http://www.chinariders.net/modules.p...ewtopic&t=7678

X3 on a smaller pic please.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 07-17-2010, 03:26 PM   #5

I'm not too sure what I'm doing so I was worried about taking it apart lol. Guess I'll get to it.

Old 07-17-2010, 03:32 PM   #6

Could be the picture, but does it look like mechanical damage right around the hole area? Almost looks like the metal is bent down and has cracked just before the hole/cutout where it looks like the oil is coming out. I believe these things are QC'd after assembly and then disassembled and crated (which explains some of the stripped bolts and such). Possibly damaged when disassembled or shipped. I would definitely get a hold of John at GIO though, send him some pics as well and I think he will make it right for you.

Cheers,
Stew

Edit: Just checked W&G's reply. The O ring does look like the likely culprit, I didn't realize the 125 went together like that even. GIO's warranty only covers parts I know, but I would still let John know, he's a good guy maybe he could do something.

Old 07-17-2010, 05:55 PM   #7

When I had it all open and added some oil it didn't leak again. I changed the ring anyways (My brother had already bought it for me so why not) and it's all good so far. Thanks W&G.

I've bothered John plenty with all the issues I had with my T3 200cc and he was very helpful but I decided just to fix this on my own. It was cheap and fairly easy.

I have a question about my tires on this thing, all 4 of them will not come all the way up the rim when filled with air which leaves them horribly off balance and 2 leak, is there something I can do to get them to seat properly? Ive tried soapy water with no luck.

Old 07-17-2010, 06:51 PM   #8

I use WD40 to get a troublesome tires to bead, make sure you break the bead down and get it all over, then put the air to it, sometimes a strap around the tire will also help it bead up easier.

Old 07-17-2010, 10:26 PM   #9

FWIW it took almost 40 PSI to seat my Kawasaki ATV's tires. And a lot of soapy water. Scary loud 'pop' when the bead did seat. That's scared me ever since I was a kid! 8O

Old 07-18-2010, 01:28 AM   #10

X2 on the tie-down trick, but I got sick of the beads popping off. I installed tubes and haven't looked back.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer