Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2023, 04:59 PM   #1

Keeway distributing Benelli now, and the Imperiale makes it to US shores!

https://ridermagazine.com/2023/12/01...-keeway-group/

Press release: We are thrilled, yes, thrilled, to announce a momentous first in the 100-plus-year history of Benelli. Its motorcycles are now distributed in North America by Keeway Group, co-owner and exclusive worldwide corporate manager of the Benelli brand. In short, Benelli is finally represented by Benelli in the North American markets.

And the Imperiale 400: https://www.advrider.com/benelli-imp...-to-us-market/

Similar specs and styling to the Meteor 350. Both are SOHC air-cooled singles. The Benelli has an extra 25cc on the Meteor, but that doesn't amount to much difference in horsepower or torque. 421 lbs for the Meteor, 452 for the Imperiale - both bikes are too chonky.

The Royal Enfield Meteor looks like a modern take on a classic model. The Imperiale looks like a classic bike, and people will likely mistake it as such. It reminds me of the TU250 a little bit. Same horsepower too... but a little more than half the torque of either the Meteor or Imperiale.

It's very interesting now. Benelli USA's website has been showing the Imperiale for a while now, and it just showed up for real. The TRK 702 and 702X are also listed... I'm hoping they don't release those anytime soon because I will be tempted to trade my almost-new TRK502 for one, and I'll take a bath on the resale.

Charles.