Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Everything Else
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-2019, 10:56 PM   #1

No spark what so ever 110 cc motor

Please help.

I have a similar problem, as mentioned by tat2dchris67 back in 2017 with a TAO 110 cc go kart motor which has no spark. I have replaced the stator, CDI, coil, spark plug and pulled the kill switch circuit pin. All the parts were within the resistance spec, both old and new (as far as I know). The tech at family go kart in CA told me I could just unplug the parental remote control module to bypass any problem it might be giving. I isolated all but the necessary wiring and turned it over with still no spark. As far as I can tell, everything that makes spark has been replaced save the flywheel. I am apparently missing something.

I don’t have or can find a schematic and am unsure why the Chinese are so secretive. Do you suppose someone may try and steal their design?

My grandson is quickly losing faith in my meager abilities, they are young for such a short time and fooling them becomes so much harder as they age.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 05-27-2019, 02:33 PM   #2

At this point, I’d be looking at the wire harness with a Multimeter. Either you have a short to ground you shouldn’t have, you are not making ground where you should, or you have a wire break.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I'm making this up as I go.-Indiana Jones

Telling me something 'is for my own good', is a fast way to a fat lip.-Me

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts

Old 05-28-2019, 08:06 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesy View Post
At this point, I’d be looking at the wire harness with a Multimeter. Either you have a short to ground you shouldn’t have, you are not making ground where you should, or you have a wire break.
It just about has to be something like that. I have examined the exposed wires and cut back and exposed some of suspicious spots on harness tape but see no damage. Did the tug test on some of the identifiable wires... I suspect how it is wired but it would be nice to see a wiring diagram.

Old 06-14-2019, 03:43 AM   #4

Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1R 250 bob View Post
It just about has to be something like that. I have examined the exposed wires and cut back and exposed some of suspicious spots on harness tape but see no damage. Did the tug test on some of the identifiable wires... I suspect how it is wired but it would be nice to see a wiring diagram.
It was just my double dumass assembly, I put the pick up coil upside down... So ashamed, but actual proper assembly solved my problem.

Old 06-17-2019, 07:04 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1R 250 bob View Post
It was just my double dumass assembly, I put the pick up coil upside down... So ashamed, but actual proper assembly solved my problem.
Well, most of my problem. When I re-installed the kill circuit, the spark went away. Rather than mess with it anymore, a normally open push button was installed between that black and white wire to allow a working kill circuit.