Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Media/Reviews/Classifieds/Sponsors > Free Classifieds > Wanted
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-23-2018, 10:03 AM   #1

Can anyone help?

Hello,
I’m the proud new owner of a 2005, Tank TK200GY-4A. I was fortunate enough to get a good title with the machine & I want to put it on the road. However, it needs a little love. Mostly the machine is in good condition. And the mechanicals are rarely an issue with the Chinese machines because most everything fits everything else. But, body parts are usually not so easy to come up with especially on an oddball machine like mine (made, I guess, by Tank Guangzhou in China, assembled by KTMX in Mexico & sold in the US as a Tank out of California). I’m specifically looking for the right and left hand side covers that have the machine model nomenclature on the side. I’ve looked & looked & I cannot come up with a replacement anywhere. I’m thinking the only places that I’ll be able to find them is used from somebody in the US or, if I had access to one of those gigantic cycle scrapyards in China. Any suggestions?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg A1C8461D-97EA-4B6F-ACBB-4C0F4A802097.jpg (10.4 KB, 541 views)
File Type: jpg 0ADFFE7A-C5A5-4649-B886-C42485C76646.jpg (11.0 KB, 591 views)
File Type: jpg 783B8114-52E8-4171-ACDF-E9A508CD4870.jpg (9.1 KB, 503 views)

Old 01-23-2018, 11:07 AM   #2

Welcome!

You have a few options. You can try surfing www.taobao.com, but keep your search words very simple, like TK200GY-4A or just TK200GY.

If you can manage some fabrication, you could perhaps graft a rear section from a Japanese bike onto your frame. I'm betting that XR200 stuff would be a reasonable fit.

Search eBay, but not for Tank. Use generic terms, like Chinese dirt bike plastic.

Good luck!

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 01-24-2018, 12:56 PM   #3

Can anyone help?

Hello,
Thank you for your ideas. It’s frustrating that this machine is such an oddball because, if you look at all the 200cc GY machines, mostly from about the time of my machine (2005) till today, most are extremely similar in design & I’ve noticed that, like the 70cc to 125cc pit bikes that mostly share the same plastics (and are readily available), the 150s, 200s & 250s replacement plastics are now becoming more common as well. But, with my machine, it seems as though that style was only made by about three manufacturers (that I can tell- Tank, Loncin & Huawin) & for a very short time like, 05’ & maybe 06.’ Speaking of manufacturers, I found that one of your members has posts from 2014 of his Huawin Cheetah 200. So, I think the parts are out there, it’s just locating them. Another avenue I’m exploring is a buddy of mine from College. His wife is from Indonesia & I would have to assume that these machines were sold alll over the world, especially in Southeast Asia & if she had someone in her family (a father or older brother) who could investigate their local market or the Chinese market for parts. We’ll see. If anyone has anymore info regarding “Tank Guangzhou,” Tank USA or KTMMEX, please feel free to share! Like Vinnie Baberino used to say, “I’m so confused!”

Old 01-25-2018, 02:24 AM   #4

I bought a 2006 Loncin parts bike. I have some of the plastics and I'll look and see if I have anything that resembles what you're looking for tomorrow. I assume the middle picture is of your bike and the missing piece is what you're looking for?

Old 01-25-2018, 12:16 PM   #5

So far I found what appears to be the left side panel. I think it's like the 3rd picture. White panel, yellow motorcycle. It's got a large crack, but could be repaired. I'll keep looking to see if I have the right side panel as well.

Old 01-26-2018, 11:16 AM   #6

You can also try expanding your search criteria. There are many other China names that might have a similar style tail section, like Lifan.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 01-26-2018, 05:31 PM   #7

Can anyone help?

Sorry, I could only find the one panel. For what it's worth, my Loncin bike was called a Jet Moto.

Old 01-27-2018, 11:53 AM   #8

Can anyone help?

Hello again!
Thank you for all your input. TommyD, I would love to see what you have. I have (if you are sitting on the machine) the right hand cover. That’s the muffler side. It’s not pretty & it’s cracked too but, I may try to do a little Bondo magic & a repaint if all else fails. Something is better than nothing! Anyway, I’m looking for a few other things as well. If I could get my hands on the rear tail light assembly or at least the lens, that’d be sweet. Im also looking for the turn signals & the rear rack. I have all of the above (as far as the lights are concerned) but, they are sunfadded/cloudy and if I could come up with replacements, it’d be nice. Also, I don’t know what all you bought your “parts bike” for but, if our engines are the same, I could really use (again, sitting on the bike) the right hand engine cover. If you have any of these, are willing to part with them & want to make some money, let’s discuss it. Thanks again all.

Old 01-28-2018, 01:15 AM   #9

SkippySuzuki72 - I'll take pics of what I have that I could part with tomorrow. Like I mentioned, I have the left side panel. It has a crack but is all there.

Old 01-29-2018, 01:39 PM   #10

Loncin Plastics

SkippySuzuki72 - Here are a few pics of what I have. If you need closeups or more detail please feel free to let me know.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Loncin 1.jpg (102.0 KB, 377 views)
File Type: jpg Loncin 2.jpg (101.1 KB, 346 views)
File Type: jpg Loncin 3.jpg (99.6 KB, 331 views)
File Type: jpg Loncin 4.jpg (81.7 KB, 334 views)
File Type: jpg Loncin 5.jpg (99.2 KB, 335 views)

Old 01-30-2018, 09:15 AM   #11

Can anyone help?

TommyD,
That’s awesome! You’ve got some good stuff there. The cover is rough but, I think I could fix it with a little love. Was the engine side cover a possibility or not? No biggie if you don’t want to separate that. I would like to talk to you further about what you have & if you’d like to sell some of it. Would you be willing to shoot me some prices individually or as a lot? And we’ll go from there. I live in Illinois BTW. Guess I should have said something prior to this. Anyway, thanks for getting back to me & we’ll talk more soon.

Old 01-31-2018, 04:39 PM   #12

To make sure shipping costs are not prohibitive, do you know the cheapest way I can send these? I'll work up a price for just the cover, all the body plastics, and the tail light assembly. Would you want the gas tank? Not sure if you could use it or not.

Old 02-01-2018, 09:31 AM   #13

Can anyone help?

TommyD,
To answer your question regarding the tank, no, I wouldn’t be interested in the tank. I can’t imagine I’d ever use it. Frankly, I probably don’t need the tank plastic either. But, if the sale is contingent upon taking it all, then I’ll just take them as well. As far as the shipping, I’ll stop by the Post Office & check the sizes & costs of those “if you can fit it in the box” boxes & let you know what I find. Those plastics are the same size as mine so, I should be able to figure out positively what will & will not fit. I’ll let you know & I’ll send you the money for the parts & the cost of shipping in advance once you figure out what exactly you’re asking. Thanks again for responding. I’ll try to have an answer for you by Saturday if not sooner.

Old 02-01-2018, 09:55 AM   #14

You can check and compare all the shipping rates here https://onlineshippingcalculator.com/
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 02-01-2018, 03:11 PM   #15

SkippySuzuki72 - I'll PM you with some options