Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-2016, 03:01 AM   #76

Dan, mine was ground from CSC as I could plainly see the grind marks where it contacts the frame. I only tried using the new stand a few times before parking it as it's still too cold here to ride to much. If I grind it more will that get it onto the front tire when using it? I'm more concerned about it rocking off the center stand then whether it rests on the front or rear tire because I'm use to propping the rear up with a board. rj

Old 02-14-2016, 09:31 PM   #77

Rob,
Could you be carrying more weight on the back of your bike that upsets the front/rear balance? Maybe another Don Quixote on the front?

2016 CanAm Spyder F3-L

Old 02-14-2016, 11:18 PM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZRider View Post
Rob,
Could you be carrying more weight on the back of your bike that upsets the front/rear balance? Maybe another Don Quixote on the front?
It's possible George. Larger rear tire, 2 tool tubes with tools and junk in the trunk must of overwhelmed Donkey. No worries, doesn't take much to coax it onto the front tire and a well placed stick will keep it there, rj

Old 02-28-2016, 10:02 PM   #79

Man oh man, No FAIRZIES on all this customer service satisfaction with CSC , here I get stuck with Motorstar that has no clue what customer service is.

rjmorel, stop it, stop it, stop it.... you and everyone else are killing me, killing me man, just killing me...
"I emailed CSC yesterday to order the newer center stand and to my "it must be my lucky day" amazement ,Ryan gives a discount for those who bought the first generation one. $60 plus shipping. Gasp. Another superb example of the kind of people and customer satisfaction CSC is giving. I ask them if it was ok to share this with you guys and they said share away. I thank you and I thank you and I thank you ,rj"

, ,
www.medicalmissionmatters.org

Old 02-29-2016, 12:38 AM   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZRider View Post
Rob,
George, my center stand has always stood the bike with the rear on the ground. However just hanging my helmet & jacket on the bars rocks it to the front wheel. I'd say balance point is pretty good.

Old 02-29-2016, 10:49 AM   #81

Finally got around to putting my center stand on (too many working hours). First no fit issues nothing had to be ground, filed or fiddled with. I was one of the first to receive the second generation center stands. I had my grease, pliers, ratchet, and brake spring tool. It took less than 5 minutes, and with the brake spring tool (automotive type) the spring went on with ease in seconds. I love the stand easy to put the bike up onto unlike my GL1500. I think the balance point is great, easy to shift from front to rear tire off the ground.

Below is a picture of the tool I have used for the past 30 years.

Old 03-01-2016, 01:11 PM   #82

I installed mine today-thanks to all for the tips and tricks. I can't remember who the first one was who mentioned pennies in the spring, but that trick is money (and the pun is totally intended). The hardest part for me was putting the clip on the pin on the sidestand (right) side of the bike-it was a little awkward reaching in there. But all in all, about 10 minutes, and all my pennies survived to take up space in a can to be cashed in someday.

Old 03-01-2016, 01:40 PM   #83

Good for you, Matt.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 03-01-2016, 10:17 PM   #84

Curious to see if anyone that got the first series understand, then upgraded to 2nd generation, would be willing to part with their original?

If so, shoot me a PM to work out details.

Old 03-02-2016, 10:39 AM   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyBoy1976 View Post
I can't remember who the first one was who mentioned pennies in the spring, but that trick is money (and the pun is totally intended).
That credit goes to a fine gentleman on the Suzuki TS forum. He's also the one who taught me about covering gaskets with a thin film of grease, so they can be reused.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 03-02-2016, 05:12 PM   #86

2.0 generation of the centerstand.

The top ends were pre-ground.

After reading the CSC tutorial, the installation took about 10 minutes.

I was a concerned about lifting the bike onto the stand because I also have the lowering link installed.

And because of some health issues, I have lost a lot of the strength I once had.

On the first attempt, I couldn't do it.

Then rolled a 3/4" board under the rear wheel, and gave a grunt...

On the second attempt, besides adding the board under the rear wheel,
I altered my holding and lifting technique. The bike popped up on the stand.

I had to keep an eye on the front handlebars. They kept wanting to flop to the side.

A few concerns:

....ground clearance...

.....and for off road riders, maybe a way to snag a branch or rock???

....make sure the kick stand is down before taking the bike off the center stand.

....and maybe a warning for those working around the bike when it is on the center stand...

...it only took a slight nudge for the bike to roll forward off the stand.

jb

Old 03-02-2016, 05:41 PM   #87

Grinding more material off the top of the stand, should allow it to pivot further forward. I suggest doing it a little at a time, checking your work as you go. This will require installing and removing it as many times as needed. But it's better than having to pick up the bike, after you bumped it off the stand, trying to get the lawnmower out. (Not that I have ever done something so heinous)

Old 03-02-2016, 06:30 PM   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman tim View Post
Grinding more material off the top of the stand, should allow it to pivot further forward. I suggest doing it a little at a time, checking your work as you go. This will require installing and removing it as many times as needed. But it's better than having to pick up the bike, after you bumped it off the stand, trying to get the lawnmower out. (Not that I have ever done something so heinous)
LOL!

I took more material off the center stand at those shiny points that were ground. I took off about 1mm and that was probably a bit on the "too much" side. The bike, once on the center stand, wants to STAY on the center stand now. I have to put a foot in front of the stand in order for the bike to come off the stand while in my garage. The good news is that a nudge (or even a moderate push) will not drop the bike off the center stand now.

Oh, and Weldandgrind's (and the Suzuki TS forum guys') suggestion of money in the spring was fantastic. I used copper washers instead since they were handy in the garage, and since I don't know what money looks like anymore after getting married.

Old 03-03-2016, 12:06 AM   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman tim View Post
While doing this adjustment process you do not have to put the spring back on until you are finished.
I suggest an angle of 8 to 10 deg, measured along the line from the center of the pivot pin to the center of the contact with the ground, with the front wheel on the ground.

Old 03-03-2016, 08:07 AM   #90

One reason to not grind off too much is because every time you slam the bike up and into its Centerstand stop it will over time work the stand forward and the bike back.

Last edited by Inroads; 03-03-2016 at 12:04 PM.