Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-20-2022, 05:34 PM   #1

Thanks thumper! That makes sense now. Found a website that is the best ive found on everything u need to know about carb tuning if it helps anybody else:
https://janetpanic.com/how-do-you-ad...torcycle-carb/

I know now on my carb has fuel "mixture" screw not an airscrew even tho those terms are used interchangeably a lot even tho its wrong creating confusion. Think of it as idle sets idle speed and mixture is amount of fuel (i think) so even tho my idle speed is correct the mixture is off which is why its having a hard time starting and most likely too rich which is why choke has no effect on rpms (making it richer does nothing when already too rich.) Most likely have toadjust the mixture because i did an airbox delete so its pulling way more air than it had on stock setting.(just a theory) either way after a few more rides i will check the plug color to determine too rich or too lean or perfect. Sorry it took a while for my damaged brain to understand :]

P.s. :
I just read a comment review on the carb i bought and i
He speaks on this carb having an extra 10mm float height than the pz30 manual says it should be leaning it out.....
""I got this for my 07 Rocketa DB-07 which is a lot like a Hawk 250 except it is a 200cc motor, it came with a Walbro PZ30 and is identical to this one. Do not run this without checking it first. Mine came with unmarked jets so I had no clue what was installed. The float was way off as well it should be 14mm on float height according to the factory Keihin PZ30 manual, mine was at 24mm which is super lean. This is measured with the carb upside down, float tab resting on the fuel shut off needle and measuring from the carb body where the float bowl seal sits to the top of the float. It should look level from the "top" of the float when it is correct. The standard Jets on a Keihin are 96 Main and 38 Pilot. The fuel/ air mix screw was only 1 turn out as well, you should start at 2 turns out for a good start. I know most of us that have knowledge of carbs already know you need to check these things out before installing on your bike and jetting will almost always be needed as we all live or ride in different elevations or climate. Other than the "issues" mentioned it seems to be a very well made carb and the finished product is very nice and the machining and casting was well done. Also don't forget to check your needle valve you should also start out with it on the 3rd step down from the top which put's it in the middle for a good starting point. This jet kit here on Amazon works with this carb. I got it for my original PZ30 and the jets are an exact match, as they are for this one.""
Does anybody know how important this aspect of a carb or any exp. With tht issue u could speak on? Considering im getting good fuel flow should i even give this a second thought?

Tags
carburetor, jets, pz30