Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-23-2012, 01:03 PM   #1

Tour of Visionary Motorsports Warehouse

I am here in Edmonton to start a contract with Visionary Motorsports to continue helping them with communication and marketing. I've been here all week but brought my kids in for a "tour" of where daddy's been working. Here are some photos and notes:

Boys are now more motivated to learn how to balance after checking out some pocket bikes (which they no longer distribute)

Also VERY excited about the dirt bikes! Note the rock-n-roll poses, suggested by the lovely parts lady Amanda - and the boys love ACDC so its all good.

Ez on a top-secret Sky Team product that is one of a few prototypes and possibilities that are here for review and testing. The techs rip apart machines and test like crazy and give feedback to the factories before they carry new units. Sky Team products are well regarded.

They loved "driving" this Linhai SxS unit. This is another prototype.

Some of the PP dirt bikes

Rocking on some scooters. We saw the retro 150 scooter and it is cute. No pic though. I thought I took way more pics...

We went outside and had some fun doing donuts in a Linhai SxS and then the very awesome and super cute PP Double X. That double X has some serious Jam and was by far the fav of the boys. Again no pics, I was too busy driving around with the boys Was a nice break today from meetings and computer work!

It's been fun working with the partners and meeting some of the 15 staff who work out of HQ here in Edmonton. Visionary motorsports is a distributor who has been around for about 8 years and focusses on professional affordable quality motor products. The senior guys from Linhai are visiting tomorrow and I get to meet them, we'll be doing a tour of dealers.

jacob

Old 02-23-2012, 02:53 PM   #2

Re: Tour of Visionary Motorsports Warehouse

I've seen a few Skyteam products at Saga, and they're very excited about the level of quality. Nice looking bikes.

What is the fat-tired girl I see in the back? Is it the V-Raptor that we're hoping for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by northerndad

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 02-23-2012, 08:09 PM   #3

I think the V Raptor would sell very well if it was brought into Canada. I think it'd be the hot ticket for the sand dunes here in the Redwater area

Old 02-23-2012, 08:49 PM   #4

Sharp eyes weld!

I'm told that is called a Sherpa. Very unlikely it will be distributed - such a niche market and as is underpowered, but cool. Based on a Suzuki from days gone.

jb

Old 02-24-2012, 12:13 AM   #5

OK I checked google images and the V-Raptor is the same as the unit in that pic, except they have a bigger engine in the raptor - usually advertised as a 250cc but the videos of real ones have the 125cc as the unit pictured in the warehouse. It is a awesome looking beast and a fair bit bigger than the classic 125.

Old 02-24-2012, 12:29 AM   #6

If I didn't have a TW project, I'd seriously consider a V-Raptor with a 230 in it. The original Suzuki was a VanVan.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 02-24-2012, 12:46 AM   #7

Awesome - well the Suzuki has a small engine too. The one in the shop has a 125, exact same engine as in the classic 125. I was very impressed with the power from it, but I know the canadian market loves their power.

The challenge we face with distribution is 2 pronged - 1) having customer demand and 2) having dealers who will stock it. Dealers are naturally wary of carrying product.

Something I'm interested in doing is generating authentic demand for units - if you canadian folks are interested in helping with this or have ideas let me know! Also if you know of top quality brands/ product that would work well let me know, and I'll talk with the Visionary team. As long as it is quality and affordable - and of course can be sold in enough numbers - it will be considered!

You guys know a lot more about this industry than I do, which is great. My role is to find the stories, the great info, and communicate it both ways.

Jacob

Old 02-24-2012, 02:02 AM   #8

The bike is not the V-Raptor, but rather a RV90 replica. Do they sell Skyteam branded bikes or Pitster's rebranded Skyteam bikes?

http://www.skyteamusa.com/

Are you guys getting the ACE 125 in Canada?

I am pushing for Skyteam USA to certify the V-raptor and ST250 enduro for the US.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 02-24-2012, 02:04 AM   #9

I think the "top-secret" bike is revealed on SkyteamUSA's site?

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 02-24-2012, 10:14 AM   #10

This is really sweet! Low slung exhaust, stretched tank, clip-ons, bum-stop seat; perfect! I'd have a 200 in there in a heartbeat. I wonder if this Skyteam bike will be distributed in Canada? How many of our sharp-eyed members noticed that this is a flipped image?

Old 02-24-2012, 10:16 AM   #11

Just as Culcune says, this is an RV90 clone, not a VanVan. Both bikes are Suzukis, though.

Old 02-24-2012, 10:20 AM   #12

Quote:
Awesome - well the Suzuki has a small engine too. The one in the shop has a 125, exact same engine as in the classic 125. I was very impressed with the power from it, but I know the canadian market loves their power.
The VanVan clone that is sold in Europe is powered by a 230. That would be perfect.

Old 02-24-2012, 10:34 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune
I think the "top-secret" bike is revealed on SkyteamUSA's site?
I was joking about it being top secret, sorry! I actually didn't take pictures of anything that was actually secret. 8) I have seen some pretty cool prototypes, but that stuff - if it comes to canada - it a long while from being distributed. As I mentioned they put everything through pretty rigorous testing and give lots of feedback - as something that works well in Asia or even Europe doesn't necessarily work well in Canada.

Old 02-24-2012, 04:52 PM   #14

Quote:

I was joking about it being top secret, sorry! I actually didn't take pictures of anything that was actually secret. 8) I have seen some pretty cool prototypes, but that stuff - if it comes to canada - it a long while from being distributed. As I mentioned they put everything through pretty rigorous testing and give lots of feedback - as something that works well in Asia or even Europe doesn't necessarily work well in Canada.
Is it the ZB50 clone?

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 02-25-2012, 12:50 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind
This is really sweet! Low slung exhaust, stretched tank, clip-ons, bum-stop seat; perfect! I'd have a 200 in there in a heartbeat. I wonder if this Skyteam bike will be distributed in Canada? How many of our sharp-eyed members noticed that this is a flipped image?

Visionary has alluded to carrying the Skyteam ACE... I think they're looking into them right now and have posted a picture of one on Facebook. Not sure if it's been mentioned already (I think it has) but the Classic 125 is also a rebadged Skyteam bike.