Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-09-2012, 12:15 PM   #1

ata 150b update

Thought id update on my atv. I got a winch n hooked it up to my plow,also got snow chains.Ill add some weight also as traction is a slight problem.
The rattle was from the chrome exhaust tip,so i left that off.
The chain tensioner roller was kinda off i added a longer spacer to keep it in the right spot.
It keeps starting easy n runs good.I havnt had any steering problems and think the power is ok stock.
For a hitch i found a tow hook n just got a longer bolt on the rear axle n bolted that up,ill change this later. Itll tow a ground drag now but i want to tow a small trailer later.
It hasnt snowed lately,ill get some pictures soon.

Old 04-10-2012, 01:13 PM   #2

Hey have any pics of it plowing snow? Sounds like quite the setup!

Old 04-10-2012, 04:51 PM   #3

ata 150b snow plow

It works ok if the snow isnt to deep,it needs more weight on the back.Mabe tire weights.No i dont have any photos of it plowing,ill tryin put a photo of the setup anyhow.

Old 04-25-2012, 04:14 PM   #4

plow photos n info

Here are photos of my plow.Its a clothes rack from a store(chrome!)
the bottom plates weighs a ton,mabe twenty pounds.I hooked it up to a cross bar just before the swing arm,with exhaust clamps,wich were left loose so it would pivot.I also pit thick plastic hose over the tube to try and not scuff it all up.I put pivots on the front with two big springs from the hardware store.
I used the screw in floor pads to mount the big chunk of rubber mat pad to the plate with two pieces of steel.
The amount i let the winch cable out controls the ability of the whole plow blade to pivot.
So far traction is the main problem,i have chains,i wish i had more weight on the rear,mabe wheel weights or fill the tires with anti freeze?try going back to number one at phto bucket.[img][/img][img][/img][img][/img]

Old 04-25-2012, 04:27 PM   #5

I found that if we aired up the fronts and let the air out of the rears we had great traction in the snow with the wifes 150 with the plow

Old 04-25-2012, 04:29 PM   #6

plow photos n info

Well i tried to have multiple small images,you can click on the photo and there are a few plow photos,none in the snow.I think mabe?the snow is gone here. Every time i went to plow my dad had gotten up earlier and used his snowblower.

Old 04-26-2012, 01:09 AM   #7

If you have a long mounting bar, you can drive over it and fasten it to the rear axle. That will change the behaviour, so that when the front wheels try to lift, the blade digs in more.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 04-26-2012, 02:09 AM   #8

snow

My bar isnt that long,ive never pushed hard enough to lift the front wheels.
It works ok for what it is.I took off the plow and chains,getting ready for some dirt riding.