Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2020, 05:08 PM   #1

Brozz 250 Stock Carb Help Please

So i received my jet kit today and promptly removed the stock carb and performed the exact same steps as MotoCheez video.

Current setup:
8 holes in exhaust endcap
Airbox snorkel removed
600 ft elevation

Adjustments made to carb:
Main jet changed from 105 to 110
Added tiny washer under needle
Turned idle a/f screw out from 1.5 to 3 turns

When i reinstalled and started i noticed now that if i spin the throttle quickly from 0-Full it bogs out badly.. i found that she will only rev properly when i snap to full quickly if i have the choke on 1/2 setting

I took her apart again and changed to 108 main and put the a/f screw back to 1.5 out and same thing

Lastly i reverted everything back to stock carb settings and same thing..
I did notice that the bog seems worst while riding at stock setting compared to main at 110 and the shim in which it doesnt bog as badly while moving and rpm up a bit.

I suspect thats its been like this from the get-go and prob got worse when i removed the airbox snorkel but i havent been full throttling as im still in break in period.

Any suggestions would be appreciated..

Would it help to switch out the carb? Might another VM30 off Amazon perform better or do i just have to try again?

Thanks

Old 11-13-2020, 05:48 PM   #2

Just read in another thread not to bother with the a/f screw or needle jet and instead focus on the main. I'll try upping from 110 to 115 and see if it removed the full throttle bog while moving..
I read that only a pumper style carb will allow you to spin the throttle from idle to full without the bog, so it sounds like this is to be expected.

Will fiddle around and report back

Old 11-13-2020, 06:22 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tknj99 View Post
So i received my jet kit today and promptly removed the stock carb and performed the exact same steps as MotoCheez video.

Current setup:
8 holes in exhaust endcap
Airbox snorkel removed
600 ft elevation

Adjustments made to carb:
Main jet changed from 105 to 110
Added tiny washer under needle
Turned idle a/f screw out from 1.5 to 3 turns

When i reinstalled and started i noticed now that if i spin the throttle quickly from 0-Full it bogs out badly.. i found that she will only rev properly when i snap to full quickly if i have the choke on 1/2 setting

I took her apart again and changed to 108 main and put the a/f screw back to 1.5 out and same thing

Lastly i reverted everything back to stock carb settings and same thing..
I did notice that the bog seems worst while riding at stock setting compared to main at 110 and the shim in which it doesnt bog as badly while moving and rpm up a bit.

I suspect thats its been like this from the get-go and prob got worse when i removed the airbox snorkel but i havent been full throttling as im still in break in period.

Any suggestions would be appreciated..

Would it help to switch out the carb? Might another VM30 off Amazon perform better or do i just have to try again?

Thanks
Im at 1300 feet with clone carb from amazon and main at 110 with three turns out on idle and one clip down (washer) and she runs excellent. No bog
but im using a modified exhaust
https://radpaul.weebly.com/brozz-and-hawk-250.html

Old 11-13-2020, 07:04 PM   #4

I'm not aware that it is as common on the Brozz lineup as on other Chinese Bikes, but that said if you have the know how i really would check the valve clearance(s) before i got too far off into beating my head against the carb jet wall, if the valve lash is off it mimics jetting issues but no matter what you do, it won't ever run right .

If nothing else i 'd check the valve lash just to be 100% certain i was starting from a level playing field. Just my 2 cents after having owned and modified more Chinese Bikes than my Wife needs to find out about lol.
2020 Orion RXB250L

Old 11-13-2020, 07:38 PM   #5

No Airbox snorkel, a/f 3 turns out, motorcycle runs better with the choke on. Most likely you are way too lean.

Check for any air leak, if you fully close the a/f the engine should die, if it keeps running for a bit and then dies, you have an air leak.

Old 11-13-2020, 07:54 PM   #6

Valves should be good.. I adjusted them a few days ago.
I agree that probably too lean after removing the snorkel.
I'll try the 115 main with needle jet shim and see how she does

Old 11-13-2020, 08:09 PM   #7

I would suggest changing one thing at a time, that is a good approach to tuning I learned from a good tuner here on this forum, otherwise you will go all different directions. The goal is to isolate the fuel circuit where the problem is. A very complete description of the problem also helps others help you trouble shoot. You say it bogs but where is it? I bet it is just off idle when you open the throttle? If so, instead of the main I would go up on the pilot jet until it idles well between 1 and 2 turns on the A/F, then try giving it some throttle.

Old 11-14-2020, 12:53 PM   #8

Update: i made the following changes and she's running great now, nice midrange and full throttle pull without any bogging:

A/F out 2.5 turns
Main Jet at 115
Needle Jet washer added

Thanks