Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2015, 06:14 PM   #16

and couldnt pass this up, instead of making my own relay harness with goobered solder and cut rate components, saw a dual output relay harness on TheRetrofitSource in the closeouts section for cheaper than cheap components would cost...LOL https://www.theretrofitsource.com/cl...l#.VmYRwtKrQdU

so now i can control my headlights/mechanical highbeam cutoffs right from the factory headlight switch... just like the stockers would work...hehe and i dont have to worry about too much juice for the stock harness pulling dual ballasts for the headlights....

Old 12-08-2015, 07:43 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by jct842 View Post
make mount for one of the cans at 90 degrees, then turn the socket 90. Its either that or some serious surgery on the plastic. (fiberglass, cutting, and cussing.)
just saw thispost LOL cant really turn everything like that due to the internal cutoff of the projector... its all built into the housing, and if you turn it 90* you just turned your beam 90* too...LOL hence the squeeze in and screw together method....

Old 12-10-2015, 12:10 PM   #18

i popped a standard el cheapo 55w halogen bulb in ONE of the housings and went to hook it up to my truck battery since the bike is locked away in storage... heres what i get with 1 halogen, take into consideration that one bi-xenon is 3x as bright, and i have 2...LOL oh and that dodge truck on the right is every bit of 120ft away from me.... muuuuccccchhhhhh better....

and a comparison to the stock housings with 20w LEDs...shot from about 50 ft away... note how nothing past about the 10ft mark is lit because of the crap pattern of the reflectors....

Old 12-15-2015, 01:46 PM   #19

so.... not happy with the 3k bulbs that came with the projectors... got the ballasts in, and they are almost green they are so yellow... not to mention one of the bulbs was DOA... i shot the seller a message about it, not really looking to have much done, as they werent even listed in the auction as part of the sale...LOL gonna see about some 5-6000k bulbs, either from the seller, or just get a set of Morimoto closeout 3-5 h1 bulbs from theretrofitsource for $15

i will say though that 20 ft away from a wall in broad daylight these things are BRIGHT!!!!!!!! gonna love these...

Old 12-22-2015, 07:49 AM   #20

got my pair of 5000k bulbs in and installed last night.... LOVE the color and output of them....not bad for a crummy phone camera pic to show light output...

Old 12-22-2015, 10:47 AM   #21

That's impressive lighting!

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 12-22-2015, 12:13 PM   #22

i am very pleased with it.... i was worried because of the small size of the projectors, may places dont reccomend these housings for primary headlight use... but these are brighter than my trucks factory headlights...LOL the light carries real nice too... thats on the low beams, and if you see the white object on the upper right , thats the corner of a shed thats a good 400yds away... not too shabby....

Old 12-22-2015, 04:48 PM   #23

Looks like it worked out quite well. Like i mentioned before i have usually seen the matchboxes in a fog/driving light application on larger vehicles. But i can see that they work great as the main headlight on a motorcycle.
'80 Honda XL185S
'76 Yamaha DT250C dual sport
Baja Wilderness Trail 250
'07 Honda Shadow 750 Areo Trike
'01 Harley Davidson Softail Deuce
Polaris Magnum 425 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyj812 View Post
You can't pin this one on me, my wife is still mad at me. I don't need your wife mad at me too. LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Disclaimer: The above post by 2LZ is in no way the view of this site, other members or Bruce's llama. It is the opinion of 2LZ and 2LZ alone. ;-)