Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Registration Issues
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-2007, 06:32 PM   #31

UPDATE: I got my MCO today in the mail. As promised Reese sent it out the day after I faxed her the info. It is accurate and complete and is issued as MOTORCYCLE. I'm good to go now. Good going Roketa!!!

Old 01-11-2007, 07:10 PM   #32

man i was hopingto get mine today. i need it bad. i ended up riding my bike home for the first time tonight. it was pretty sweet. my back brake doesn't stop for shit though.

Old 01-12-2007, 04:12 PM   #33

I requested my MCO directly from Roketa the first time on 11/10/06
and the second time on 12/28/06 both times was told it was shipping that day and I still dont have it as of 1/12/07. You suck Roketa!!!!! Im filing a complaint with the BBB as soon as I finish this post S.O.B"s will never see another of my dollars.

Old 01-12-2007, 06:37 PM   #34

well i got mine today. i came home early from work just to get it. as i pulled onto my street the mail man was putting it into my mail box. i grabbed it and headed off to the tax collector....on my un registered roketa 8O . i get there and i pull the mso out of the evolope and dirtcheapmotorsports name is on the back. fuck it i'm going to give it a try i say. no way Jose. i call Rickey and bitch at him for a whle (can't beleive he answered his phone) and he's useless as ussual. then i Called Roketa and Reese is sending me another MSO with my name on the back of it. i paid for over night shipping this time. hopefully i'll have it monday and get this shit all straightened out.

Old 01-12-2007, 07:29 PM   #35

FMY. If you still are having trouble getting your mco/mso let me know and I will see what I can do to help you out. I request mine when I place an order and they always arrive prior to the bikes.
Joe

Old 01-12-2007, 08:28 PM   #36

thank you a million times over!!!!!! if i don't get it right this time from Reese i'll definatly be contacting you.

Old 01-13-2007, 08:48 AM   #37

The top portion of the back SHOULD say the dealers name. The dealer is then supposed to sign it over to YOU in the second section. In my case Ricky (yes, the same worthless one) will not even answer my phone calls or e-mails, but my DMV said the receipts from eBay and PayPal are enough to establish a Bill of Sale. Gonna go Wednesday to try it. I'll let you guys all know how it turns out.

Old 01-13-2007, 09:12 AM   #38

they are going to tell you to go pack sand unless maybe you have a signed bill of sale from Rickey with the bikes vin number on the bill of sale. i tried the receipt thing and they said no way.

Old 01-13-2007, 05:04 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMYStreetRacer
they are going to tell you to go pack sand unless maybe you have a signed bill of sale from Rickey with the bikes vin number on the bill of sale. i tried the receipt thing and they said no way.
I got an email in hand from our head of DMV saying the receipts are fine. Every state is different, but in Vermont this will pass. I told them my story, and they said what I have is AOK. If the dealer is not reachable to give you the Bill of Sale, what are you supposed to do??

Old 01-13-2007, 09:15 PM   #40

The problem with purchasing a bike in a crate can be the MSO issue. One guy from Jetmoto I spoke with prior to purchasing my bike made the point that their bikes were essentially sold as kit bikes. They sent out the MCO and bill of sale, and it is up to you to register it.

I am not trying to defend the dealers, but I have seen many of the ebay dealers say this--"these are sold as off road bikes" or something like that, and that they don't guarantee that you can street register them.

On the other hand, some of you are having to wait quite a long time for your paperwork. The reasoning why it comes separate is sound--if someone got hold of the bike and paperwork, they could "legally" steal it and register it in their name, but waiting weeks shouldn't be part of the process either.

As has been mentioned many times--buy a bike from an authorized dealer who will register the bike for you and back up the warranty. Otherwise, you may have these registration issues. It sucks, but this has been ongoing for the last several months now.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 01-17-2007, 12:57 AM   #41

well i went and tried it again today and i was sent packing again as well. anyone on here know what Rickey's dealer number is or if he even has one? i need this in order to get it done.

edit: mule check your PM's.

Old 01-17-2007, 09:47 AM   #42

I wonder if you could register it as a dirt bike (OHV) and then come back later and get it licensed for street use -- there should be a process for doing that, and your bike should meet the requirements with turn signals, horn, head/tail lights.

I don't know if they allow you to register homemade vehicles, but that may be another route -- problem might be that when they inspect it they will pretty easily see it was a manufactured bike... hmmm, don't know.

I was only buying a dirt bike anyway, but to get it titled I just sent my unsigned MCO back to MotoFanatix and he filled it out and sent it back to me. Of course your having problems with where you bought yours so that's not apples to apples either.

Truly sucks to have a bike you can't get on the road -- so for people looking to buy, if there's a dealer within 2 hours drive of you would you pay an extra $300 and your 4 hours of time to drive and buy from them or risk dealing with all these MCO hassles??? I hope things work out eventually. (Check your state DMV web sites and look at all the laws / procedures - maybe you can find a loophole.)
'02 Kawasaki KX125

Old 01-17-2007, 10:14 AM   #43

Hi guys. Well I just got back from the Vermont DMV. I have a motorcycle plate in hand, but not without a hassle. I (luckily) found a very nice DMV lady who went the extra mile and got my plate for me. I had e-mailed the DMV last week and got a reply stating my eBay receipts and PayPal invoice would be enough to establish a Bill of Sale since Ricky is a worthless crook of an a$$&%#@. The lady went to her supervisor and said the plate WOULD NOT be issued without a Bill of Sale from Ricky. Well since that is not possible, I was out of luck. I asked to speak with the supervisors supervisor up on the third floor. The DMV lady walked up there for me and came back with a big smile on her face and an, "it's your lucky day". Walked out the door grinning ear to ear and now we just need warmer temps and no snow to get some miles on her. BTW it was 25 below zero last night, not good cycling weather, but the snowmobile got some miles put on it . I feel for you guys that are still in a lurch because of this useless eBay seller. Definately needs to be reported to the BBB, but that doesn't help your current situation. Any luck getting an MSO signed off directly to you? Also, I DO NOT know Ricky's dealer #. I tried to search for him online in Georgia's business registry, but no luck. Maybe Reese at Roketa can give you his #, if he even has one :evil: . Best of luck guys, moral of the story, don't take "no" for an answer!

Old 01-17-2007, 01:17 PM   #44

Could Roketa step up and issue an MSO for you guys who dealt with Reese?

I had some issues with my local MVD office in Arizona of all places. Red2003, you bring up a good point of going outside the box to get what you need done, done.

The local Yuma branch has a supervisor who would not recognize the Jetmoto MCO as she didn't think it looked "official" enough. I called Jetmoto, who then issued another MCO as they happened to get more "official" looking MCO's. Again, no luck, but what I was told I could do, and either the lady's husband is a title bond person, or she is connected to title bonds in Yuma, was pay $100 or $150 and have a title bond issued, which would guarantee to the state that the bike was in fact mine. Title bonds are what are used in Arizona to street register quads, so this supervisor thought it would be a good idea to have my Chinese bike registered that way.

Having corresponded with someone here on Chinariders ('eddyfx')who happens to live in Phoenix, he told me about a place that is an off-site licensing place for the Arizona MVD. They do most all paperwork of the MVD, but without the lines, and for about $15 above whatever the state charges (well worth the money pretty much no matter what you are doing!)

When I mentioned going to such a place to the clerk, she gave me the kind of "wink, wink" and did not put my visit with her into the computer. The reason was that it would have flagged me a second time, and that I was required to go to a title bond first.

I had other business to take care of in Phoenix, so took both the old MCO and new one, and both bill of sales (as Jetmoto sent me a new one). I walked in, and the lady at the off-site place was able to get everything done in about 10 minutes. Ironically, she worked off the original ("unofficial-looking") MCO. One thing that 'eddyfx' told me was to not try for a two-year tag as that seemed to send a red flag to the state when he registered his Roketa, and he settled for a one year tag. That is what I did, and there was no hassle. $46 later (including the tax, tag, license plate, and $15 off-site fee) I had a registered Jetmoto!

It just goes to show that you need to try other methods. Red2003 went above the clerks head, and had I tried another MVD office (there is only one in the Yuma area, the next one is about 90 miles away), say in Phoenix, I might have avoided the hassle as well. However, having an off-site office helped a bunch!!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 01-17-2007, 06:21 PM   #45

well believe it or not Rickey actually called me today. he gave me his dealer number and "signed" the mso for me :wink: . he said he was busy moving so that's why it took so long. either way i'll be trying it again on friday. i won't be leaving without a tag this time for sure and if some reason i do it won't be without making a huge scene. i now have eveything that the lady told me i needed. it had better get done for sure now.