Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Registration Issues
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2006, 11:25 PM   #1

Another MSO issue

I guess buying online, this sort of thing is common. anyway the issue is the MSO came in the crate with the bike and has none of the information filled in except the VIN# and Model BTW its a Roketa RSX 200E. The guy I bought it from said just fill it in yourself, an was kinda vague about what to put I dont think he knows. The bike stats at the top of front page no problems, I can do that. In the middle theres a paragraph it ends with Name of Dealer Distributor Etc. I think that is where I put Dirtcheapmotorsports,com and addres etc This is where I bought it.
below that there is space for Company Name it is filled in with Goldenvale Inc and has a place for authorized signature of rep or agent Would this be the dealers signature or someone from Roketa? Ok on the back several repeated areas for tranfering ownership the first one should be filled in transfering from dealer to me? is this correct sorry if this is confusing I certainly am confused can some of you dealers clear this up some for me I can eamil photos if someone needs to see it.

Thanks for any help
Ray

Old 11-09-2006, 06:07 AM   #2

the 1st. box transfers ownership from manufacturer to dealer. The 2cnd. box transfers from dealer to purchaser. If it is like the ones I have delt with.
Joe

Old 11-09-2006, 08:08 AM   #3

Hi VFRFLYER
From my experience and what I have heard on The GY-5 Yahoo Group it is the Dealers responsibility to have a completed MCO filled out for the customer and he {The Dealer} needs to abide by the laws of the State where he is selling to. You may not ever be able to get this vehicle registered in your State if the MCO is not filled out correctly it all depends on Your State laws. This is one of the Largest concerns that I have been warning people about for a year now. I posted it on a thread in here, on the GY-5 Yahoo Group and so on. I'm not ragging on you...it's the Dealer that is not doing his job correctly and it makes the China Bikes/Quads etc. look bad. Anyone can make up a website and even make it look like a Dealership...this guy might be selling them out of his garage! as far as we know. The problem is the MCO can't be filled out with a pen...it needs to be typed or printed from a computer. The bottom area that you are talking about has to be signed be an authorized person at Goldenvale {HaHaHehe} to them. This is one reason that I will not deal with them or sell their products along with parts issues.
I hope this helps, you need the Dealer have this MCO filled out correctly by Goldenvale and sent back to you...This is His responsibility! this is the Law.
Bruce
Hours: Tue.-Fri. 10:00-6:00 Sat. 10:00-4:00 EST.
Dealer for: Lifan, Crossrunner ATVs.
http://www.endlessjourneycycles.net

Old 11-09-2006, 08:33 AM   #4

The guy I dealt with at Lintopowersports had me call him with the vin number and they sent me the MSO already filed out with all the information on back. The cardboard MSO that comes with the bike was different than what he sent. The one he sent was on watermarked paper and looked much more official. I guess you could just file out the one you got with the bike, but make sure to put miles on the form 400 (specific to SC) the computer at the DMV will not accept zero as milage.

Jason
1995 Kawasaki Concours (ZG1000)

Old 11-09-2006, 08:41 PM   #5

Send a message via MSN to dlunt
I feel for you. I had the same problem. Waited 6 weeks for the dealer to finally get a dealer license in Ohio and send me a valid MSO. (As I have said a million times, I wish I would have known about Bruce's dealership in Ohio. Just waiting on the 300's to come out now so I can buy one from him! )

Old 11-09-2006, 10:35 PM   #6

Thanks for the input guys, The dealer replied to my email asked if I had gone to a car/bike dealer to get them tp register it yet. Nice guy but he aint gettin it. Anyway called Roketa direct to see if they would help my dealer give me what I need. very nice Asian fellow asked me to email him the vin and model with my information and he would send me a completed MSO....Fingers crossed :o

Thanks!! Yall are the best as we say down south LOL
BTW forecast for tomorrow 82 deg gotta break out the Shadow

Old 11-10-2006, 05:55 AM   #7

Hi Ray
Good luck to you!! I really hope that you get the correct paperwork to get your bike registered, it would s@@k if you can't. One thing you may want to do is check with the State of the guy that you purchased the vehicle from. See if he needs to be a Registered Dealer in that State. If he does he should know the laws of his State and abide by them. If he needs to be a Dealer and is not...Report him to the State where lives he could be selling illegally.
Bruce

Old 01-04-2007, 02:32 PM   #8

Any luck with the MCO. I also bought a bike from Ricky Dodson at DirtCheapMotorSports on eBay. I sent him my MCO. Well after a month of nothing, I e-mailed him. It must be "lost in the mail", and now he wont even reply to my e-mails or answer his phone. Who specifically do I call at Roketa to get a new one coming??

Old 01-04-2007, 04:27 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by red2003
Any luck with the MCO. I also bought a bike from Ricky Dodson at DirtCheapMotorSports on eBay. I sent him my MCO. Well after a month of nothing, I e-mailed him. It must be "lost in the mail", and now he wont even reply to my e-mails or answer his phone. Who specifically do I call at Roketa to get a new one coming??
this sounds like Rickey from dirtcheapmotorsports (now dirtcheappowersports). you my friend are not out of luck. i also bought a roketa from Rickey and he has been nothing but very unhelpfull. i really should have bought from another dealer. if he doesn't start to warranty the stuff that is breaking i will be showing up in person with some friends.

anyways back on topic. call rocketa at 909-975-4488 and ask to talk to Reese in the mso dept. she was very helpfull to me yesterday. you will need to explain to her that Rickey won't send you a mso and that you've been trying to get him to send you one for a while now. she will need you to fax a copy of the receipt to her. i just sent a copy of my papal reciept that i printed up. she will then need the vin number from your bike and the model number. she will then send one right out to you. i hope to get mine from her here soon. if not Rickey is going to be getting a Visa hold put on here real soon.

Old 01-04-2007, 04:43 PM   #10

I still dont have it but I have another its in the mail promise they said 10 days so hopefully it will get here this week or next. I have a little hope this time. they called me back and said it is finished and we are mailing it I think Ricky is in the process of moving last time we talked Its pretty much up to us to get it from Roketa and they seemed willing to do it that way. Just call Toby at 1.909.975.4488 (Toby) ext. 207
tell him what you need and who you are dealing with make sure you tell him how long you have been waitng. he will probably have you email your info VIN, Model, Your personal info and it should come straight to you. I made a note requesting it say Motorcycle as the body type. Not dirt bike etc. Toby printed the info and gave it to Reese her ext is 217
hope this helps let me know when you get yours

Ray

Old 01-04-2007, 07:14 PM   #11

Called Reese, faxed info, she's supposed to be mailing it out today. We'll see. I still wont have a Bill of Sale from Ricky. He never sent me one and wont return my e-mails or calls. WTF?? I would strongly suggest anyone shy away from Dirt Cheap whatever. I too am waiting on Warranteed parts from him, but not holding my breathe. The bike does run well, and looks like it's pretty decent quality. Especially for the money.

Old 01-04-2007, 07:35 PM   #12

well where are you guys from? anyone up to take trip to pay him a visit? i have a rental car all weekend.... if it was far enough into it by now and i was pissed enough i'd be going there this weekend for sure.

edit: BTW anyone ever try to title these bikes as a kit bike?

Old 01-05-2007, 07:55 AM   #13

I'm up here in Vermont. Long way to go to kick someone's a$$ The situation IS very frustrating though. In Vermont we don't need to title bikes under 300cc's. I do still need a Bill of Sale though. I wonder if a copy of my eBay auction page and PayPal info would suffice as a Bill of Sale???

Old 01-05-2007, 08:05 AM   #14

Hi red2003
I would Print them off and take them to the BMV or at least call them and ask them...
Bruce

Old 01-09-2007, 10:39 AM   #15

So has anyone actually received their MCO from Reese at Roketa yet? I am giving it till the end of the week, then it's not gonna be pretty. Aggrevation is setting in!