Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2016, 12:18 AM   #5206

Willy, the crash bars are excellent aren't they? I've dropped mine three times in dirt and my friend who bought his at the same time a dozen drops, only minor scratches on the crash bars, it's very well protected! I slowly dropped my Stelvio last week and it bent the rear brake lever in. Fortunately that was less than 100 to replace. We had three people to pick it up. Honestly I'm a big guy and stronger than average, I'm 37 with a life as military and commercial fishing and that bike is no joke to pick up. I'm not sure I could safely get it upright on any incline. I'm trading it this weekend for a Street Triple and using the RX3 for all ADV rides.

Old 06-04-2016, 05:37 AM   #5207

i did not even have to adj. my mirror the rx3 is well protected and it is just too much fun

Old 06-13-2016, 06:39 PM   #5208

[youtube]601NOplEch8[/youtube]

Last sunday's ride resume.

Old 06-17-2016, 10:01 AM   #5209

Good video ... if you want to skip the ceremonial pomp and whatnot jump to around the 5 minute mark ....

" Time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted." - John Lennon

“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
― Thomas Jefferson

"If you don't know where you're going any road will take you there" ....George Harrison song

Old 06-18-2016, 12:02 AM   #5210

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpl096 View Post
Good video ... if you want to skip the ceremonial pomp and whatnot jump to around the 5 minute mark ....

Some interesting translations in the sub-titles. Otherwise a bit boring.

Old 06-18-2016, 10:06 AM   #5211

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHawk47 View Post
Some interesting translations in the sub-titles. Otherwise a bit boring.
I agree it is dry in places but I couldn't watch it and not be impressed by how hard Zongshen is beating on the quality drum rather than mass quantity at the cheapest price. That has been the "made in China" knock for a long time, and deservedly so. . . . So far my experience with my RX3 only reinforces that perception of quality commitment. I honestly believe their drive to be the best in quality is a real deal changer for the Chinese motorcycling industry in global competition. Should they continue with that single minded focus consumers will less and less look past them based solely on the "it's a China bike" mindset . Additionally whether domestic & Asian/Pacific rim auto manufacturers accept it or not a Chinese auto manufacturer with a like-minded business approach to Zong is coming to North America - only a matter of time. 25 years ago people laughed at Hyundai cars . . . . . I don't believe they are laughing any longer. Take a good look at the new Buick Envision folks . . . it's already happening under licensing. Nearly 3 years ago people on forums and in the online motorcycling media were laughing at and openly belittling CSC/Zong (and CR supporters) over their North American introduction announcement. I'm just betting there are fewer laughs today.

“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
― Thomas Jefferson

"If you don't know where you're going any road will take you there" ....George Harrison song

Old 06-22-2016, 05:42 PM   #5212

The CSC blog shows some new bling available for the RX-3. Some really nice looking stuff. Like that headlight cover, radiator guards, side stand pad.

http://californiascooterco.com/blog/?p=21946

Rojo

Old 06-22-2016, 07:31 PM   #5213

That's some good stuff there! I've liked that headlight guard since I saw it on the Colombia bikes.

And wow, that sidestand foot is cool! If I hadn't already jerry-rigged a Vstrom 1000 foot to work, that would be on my list. The small foot is really a weak point for an adv bike. It even digs into pavement at stops. The extra height also helps with my 19" front wheel.

2015 CSC red RX3 with 19" front wheel, Shinko 804/805, skid plate, tall seat, 13T/45T sprockets, progressive shock, Winyoochanok windshield, GENSSI LED headlight, SW-Motech tankbag, Shorai Lithium battery
2014 Ural Patrol

Old 07-04-2016, 01:13 PM   #5214

HAPPY FORTH OF JULY EVERYBODY. HAVE A SAFE WEEKEND AND REMEMBER HOW BLESSED WE ARE IN THIS GREAT COUNTRY. YES I AM SHOUTING, rj

Old 07-10-2016, 12:33 PM   #5215

Well my Harley riding work buddies had a good laugh today. When we got off work I noticed a handfull of rice under my bike.When they walked by they said "Hey look ! youve got a fuel leak ".Hell, even I had to laugh at that one.

Old 07-10-2016, 01:05 PM   #5216

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron B View Post
Well my Harley riding work buddies had a good laugh today. When we got off work I noticed a handfull of rice under my bike.When they walked by they said "Hey look ! youve got a fuel leak ".Hell, even I had to laugh at that one.
Yes, that is dam funny. I love it and was smart too.

Now, let see, how do we return the favor?
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 07-10-2016, 02:42 PM   #5217

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBike View Post

I'd say put a few drops of oil under the Harelys but they do that already

Rojo

Old 07-10-2016, 11:57 PM   #5218

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBike View Post

Drop a few nuts and washers in a puddle of oil under the Harley. He's probably used to seeing that tho, so may not notice.

2015 CSC red RX3 with 19" front wheel, Shinko 804/805, skid plate, tall seat, 13T/45T sprockets, progressive shock, Winyoochanok windshield, GENSSI LED headlight, SW-Motech tankbag, Shorai Lithium battery
2014 Ural Patrol

Old 07-11-2016, 08:05 AM   #5219

loosen up the exhaust clamp, that way when he starts it up it will rattle so bad, he'll be staring at the engine for hours until he realizes it is the exhaust bracket.

LOL cruel....but hey, I've seen this joke done before. I'm a harley girl but if he has a big twin, then his bike doesn't leak. The oil and screws thing would still work. If he has an old evo motor or shovel....it won't work, you might as well just put a pan under his bike and fill it with oil and rice. And tell him his bike was cheating on him.

2016 Zongshen RX3 (CSC Cyclone)

Pay it Forward!

Old 07-11-2016, 08:26 AM   #5220

Quote:
Originally Posted by madsocial View Post
loosen up the exhaust clamp, that way when he starts it up it will rattle so bad, he'll be staring at the engine for hours until he realizes it is the exhaust bracket.

LOL cruel....but hey, I've seen this joke done before. I'm a harley girl but if he has a big twin, then his bike doesn't leak. The oil and screws thing would still work. If he has an old evo motor or shovel....it won't work, you might as well just put a pan under his bike and fill it with oil and rice. And tell him his bike was cheating on him.
damned cruel LMAO

― Thomas Jefferson