Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-29-2019, 08:17 PM   #436

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
So, is most everyone is running the stock exhaust (with cat) with the 300 cc kit???
I do...............................

Does it me we are married?

Old 04-30-2019, 10:33 AM   #437

Quote:
Originally Posted by NzBrakelathes View Post
I do...............................

Does it me we are married?
You're undoubtedly cute NZ, but Mrs. 2LZ may object. ;-)

Ok.... pre-300 kit, I changed the exhaust because I wanted to dump the cat, free up the flow and lose some weight....so I cut my pipe and ran the Ebay exhaust. It looks very cool with the bike, fit perfectly, is lighter....but made zero difference in performance, most likely because of the ECM mapping. Problem is, I'm getting tired of the noise, so I bought a used stock pipe from a member here and am about to put it on.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3943.jpg (97.6 KB, 615 views)

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 04-30-2019, 11:42 AM   #438

I'm running stock muffler and everything else motor wise,rj

Old 05-06-2019, 02:20 PM   #439

Hi All.
New to this forum today. I have an NC250 engine in my Fantic enduro bike. A what I hear you saying? It's Italian. Great bike, importing to countries in europe, including UK for 2 years now.
My question.... My bike has the Keima 36mm carb, not a popular choice of carb it seems, big bore kit on it's way to me sold to me by Tako. Has anyone tuned their carb to suit the 283cc kit? Would be interested to know the results. Or indeed will I be the first to see the gains with a carb?
Any info gratefully received!

Pete

Old 05-06-2019, 03:30 PM   #440

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantic Pete View Post
...in my Fantic enduro bike.
Ah, Fantic, yes. I like the Fantic Caballero very, very much.

Quote:
My bike has the Keima 36mm carb
Has anyone tuned their carb to suit the 283cc kit? Would be interested to know the results.
That's the carb the first models (2015/2016) were sold with here in Argentina.
To me, it's a fine carburetor. Perhaps the only drawback is that it's hard to get a proper carb kit.

I've used it with the 283cc kit for over 5K km (before switching to my custom EFI kit), and it worked great. Just as good as with the original 249cc cilinder. Perhaps some minor tunning to the idle mixture screw.

Hope that helps

Juanro

Old 05-06-2019, 08:43 PM   #441

Quote:
Hi All.
New to this forum today. I have an NC250 engine in my Fantic enduro bike. A what I hear you saying? It's Italian. Great bike, importing to countries in europe, including UK for 2 years now.
My question.... My bike has the Keima 36mm carb, not a popular choice of carb it seems, big bore kit on it's way to me sold to me by Tako. Has anyone tuned their carb to suit the 283cc kit? Would be interested to know the results. Or indeed will I be the first to see the gains with a carb?
Any info gratefully received!

Pete

Tracking shows you should have your kit on 10th May before 6Pm - check if you need to pay duty tho etc

Old 05-07-2019, 03:13 AM   #442

Thanks Juanro / Tako.

The only issue I had with the carb was that it was the mixture was too lean, It would hesitate when opening the throttle. I cured this by lifting the needle by 1mm, runs great now. Looking forward to tuning the bigger bore kit. I'll post my findings.

Pete

Old 05-07-2019, 03:27 AM   #443

Quote:
Thanks Juanro / Tako.

The only issue I had with the carb was that it was the mixture was too lean, It would hesitate when opening the throttle. I cured this by lifting the needle by 1mm, runs great now. Looking forward to tuning the bigger bore kit. I'll post my findings.

Pete
Sounds like you need to llok into tuning more - Bigger pilot jet and tune the air screw correctly for idle to 1/4 throttle.
1/4 to about 3/4 you need to adj the needle height and full throttle it would need the right main jet.

Old 05-07-2019, 10:52 AM   #444

The needle setting as I found the bike was on it's lowest setting. I raised the clip, lowering the needle, this made the bike unridable! The revs would not pick up easily. I added a nylon washer under the clip on the needle, raising the needle by 1mm. It runs perfectly, or at least it did before the piston ring broke!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5...9aNVFTS25SSzln

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5...VzTEp4M0VuNGtV

Expecting to alter jets with the bigger bore.

Old 05-07-2019, 11:25 AM   #445

Quote:
The needle setting as I found the bike was on it's lowest setting…. I added a nylon washer under the clip on the needle, raising the needle by 1mm.
Can relate. My carb was the same; starving in the middle range, an too big a main jet at WOT. But after fixing that it ran great.

Old 05-08-2019, 08:14 AM   #446

Just removed the main jet and pilot jet from the carb (PD36J). There are no numbers on the main jet, so don't have a base value to work with. I've ordered a selection of jets, hoping I can gauge from them the standard jet size.
Juanro, do you have any info on jet size?

Old 05-08-2019, 02:22 PM   #447

Mine was #141 (or perhaps 142) and it was a bit too much. With a #135 it worked much better, at less while it was a 250. When I switched to the 283cc kit, I swapped the original main jet again.

Old 05-09-2019, 06:15 AM   #448

Thanks Juanro, It will be interesting to see the results. I will leave the carb as it is and adjust from there. Have a selection of jets arriving soon.

This is why I need a new piston and barrel...
https://www.flickr.com/photos/154188...7705615902985/

Old 05-15-2019, 03:02 AM   #449

Big bore kit fitted.
Main jet 140 with needle in same position (1mm above highest setting, added a nylon washer) now runs great! More torque and power, very happy.

Old 05-16-2019, 09:12 PM   #450

Different markets usually get different jets in carbs, different tunes on EFIs, even if all other engine parts are the same. TW200 runs a particular size jet in the US of A market, except California, which runs one size bigger, same as Canada, and Australia and New Zealand run one size bigger than that. 49-state jet is perfect for 11000 to 14000 feet of altitude, Cali/Can jet works great 5000 to 11000 feet, Ausi/NZ jet works great sea level +. When talking jets, use the numbers stamped on them. Remember some carbs can use jets from several manufacturers, and most number systems do not match.