Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2023, 08:10 PM   #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by btr22 View Post
Well, I popped the cap off my front shock. How do I separate the cap from the inner shock body? I’ve watched some videos online but there seems to be a lot of parts and seals. I could just start taking things apart but figured I’d ask for help first. I need to separate the cap to drill and tap it for the shrader valves.
You don't need to disassemble much, just place a wrench on the cap and another (14mm?) on the nut just below the cap and loosen. Once loose the cap will spin right off the shaft.

Old 11-01-2023, 10:25 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast_Freddy View Post
You don't need to disassemble much, just place a wrench on the cap and another (14mm?) on the nut just below the cap and loosen. Once loose the cap will spin right off the shaft.
I feel stupid. That was super easy to get the caps off. I installed both shrader valves and pumped up with air to 20 psi. One side leaked down in 5 seconds. The other side held good for a while. After a few times airing up and down that second side is now leaking air. Maybe more Teflon tape will fix it. Too late to investigate now.