Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2017, 05:06 PM   #1

Let me introduce myself

Greetings from Maine!

I have been into bikes since I was a kid drooling over the DRs and XRs and TTs of the 80s. I now find myself wanting a cheap bike to explore with and ride the crap out of. I got tired and frustrated looking at used dual sport bikes and not knowing what the previous owner(s) did or did not do. I currently do not own any of the hawks, but hope to!

I hope to learn a lot from everyone here.

Scott

Old 05-18-2017, 06:10 PM   #2

Welcome! You are looking at the Hawk for the same reason I ordered one. Buying used has too many unknowns,. Plus, even used 250 enduros/dual sports are at least double what i paid for my hawk.

Old 05-18-2017, 09:07 PM   #3

Welcome aboard. Whether you end up with a Hawk, Bashan or any other CR inmate recommended bike just remember to take care of it and be faithful on the servicing and fastener maintenance.....select brands are becoming more proven each day....ENJOY !

" Time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted." - John Lennon

“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
― Thomas Jefferson

"If you don't know where you're going any road will take you there" ....George Harrison song

Old 05-18-2017, 09:19 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4rscott View Post
Greetings from Maine!

I have been into bikes since I was a kid drooling over the DRs and XRs and TTs of the 80s. I now find myself wanting a cheap bike to explore with and ride the crap out of. I got tired and frustrated looking at used dual sport bikes and not knowing what the previous owner(s) did or did not do. I currently do not own any of the hawks, but hope to!

Scott
I did the same thing when I was young. I bought a 1981 Honda XL 185S because could get my permit with a 200cc bike and under when I was 14 and ride it to school.

Old 05-19-2017, 01:59 AM   #5

Welcome, Scott!

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 05-29-2017, 08:55 AM   #6

Greetings!

I was looking at DRs also. Like you said, you don't know what the previous owner did or didn't do. For the price of a new dual sport from Japan, you can get a small herd of Chinese clones! I was looking at a 1996 Suzuki DR 350 for $1,400, but it would need everything!

Good luck and keep us posted!
-2016 Hawk 250 - Kitty Hawk - eBay exhaust, Mikuni carb(120 main/30 Pilot), airbox mod with K&N filter, digital cluster, total LEDs, 17/45 sprockets, RK chain, Shinko 244 tires, trunk, aftermarket levers, burrito tube, skid plate, Sargent Cycle Seat...
-2003 HD Sportster 100th Anniversary
-1999 Buell X-1 Lightning - Race kit, Buell Seat

Old 05-29-2017, 01:35 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4rscott View Post
Greetings from Maine!

Scott
Welcome fellow Mainer! Where abouts are you located?
I have one of these for sale as soon as I change the tire. Engine displacement is a bit small for $1200 though. These Hawks look like a great bang for your buck.

Old 05-30-2017, 10:15 AM   #8

Go buy this! https://maine.craigslist.org/mcy/6153542525.html