Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2017, 01:55 AM   #1

Thumbs Up Hello hello

Hello group My names Christopher. I live in NJ. I came across some bikes and have been doing some research. I'm looking into purchasing a HAWK 250 or the MAGICIAN 250. Anyone have any thoughts? Opinions? I'm all ears.

And also if anyone has registered a HAWK 250 in the state of NJ I would to know what I would need to register my new potential bike

Finally if anyone knows a good site to purchase one. Any good recommendations?

Roc3055

Old 05-31-2017, 12:48 PM   #2

As far as registering, I don't know for sure, but I know a lot of people have had trouble registering in NJ, but some have had success. Search a bit and you will find more info on it.

As far as the Hawk vs. The Magician. Same enigne, so power wise it's a toss up. The Magician is more short rider friendly with it's lower seat height and smaller wheels. The Hawk is a better option out of the box as the most capable off road, mainly thanks to its tires. The Hawk uses a rear sprocket style that makes it easy to find online from U.S. suppliers, and has a lot more options so you can gear the bike exactly how you want it where the Magician is a little limited. The Hawk has a bigger fuel capacity. The Magician is a bit lighter.

Old 05-31-2017, 12:53 PM   #3

I just bought a magician only because I am short. I am 5'6" and it fits me great. if you are over 5'10" I would say get the hawk it is a little better for the trails.

Old 05-31-2017, 02:07 PM   #4

Thank you guys both. I'm still looking into registering in NJ and right now it's Hawk or Magician and there is someone I heard in the forum by the name of chuck that lives in NJ and got his hawk registered. Right now I'm trying to find chuck and ask how he got his done. I'm excited about riding and owning a china bike. I wanna show people how awesome they are. First experience was on a Chinese ATV I didn't trust it bc how cheap it was. But road great. That was then. This is now and I can't wait to make my first purchase

Old 05-31-2017, 10:26 PM   #5

Welcome aboard. Either bike comes with some pretty good recommendations on here so you should feel confidence in that. Regarding registration...search the site for NJ registration issues and either stop in or call your local DMV and see if the bike is one the approved list and the requirements.

" Time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted." - John Lennon

“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
― Thomas Jefferson

"If you don't know where you're going any road will take you there" ....George Harrison song

Old 06-01-2017, 09:30 AM   #6

Welcome!

Welcome to the forum! The Hawk has been around a few more years than the Magician, so there are more posts, mods and aftermarket parts for it. If you watch YouTube, check out MotoCheez. He has some good videos on both motorcycles. Keep us posted on which one you end up with.

Have a great day!
-2016 Hawk 250 - Kitty Hawk - eBay exhaust, Mikuni carb(120 main/30 Pilot), airbox mod with K&N filter, digital cluster, total LEDs, 17/45 sprockets, RK chain, Shinko 244 tires, trunk, aftermarket levers, burrito tube, skid plate, Sargent Cycle Seat...
-2003 HD Sportster 100th Anniversary
-1999 Buell X-1 Lightning - Race kit, Buell Seat

Old 06-02-2017, 12:01 AM   #7

Thank you Kirbo. Thank you DPL. I have been checking out MotoCheez. I've checked out the main install video and many orhers that are out. The price point is the best part about them. I'm leaning more towards the Hawk bc it arms bigger. But the only concern is registering the Hawk or Magician in Nj and i have contacted a member herethat has actually registered in Nj so I asked him what I should need so hopefully that helps.