Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-22-2017, 09:15 PM   #106

I swapped out the "Torch" spark plug, for a NGK. Just the regular copper plug. Are people running standard copper plugs, platinum or iridium plugs in their hawks?

Old 03-22-2017, 09:19 PM   #107

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMM View Post
I swapped out the "Torch" spark plug, for a NGK. Just the regular copper plug. Are people running standard copper plugs, platinum or iridium plugs in their hawks?
Depends on who you talk to... if I owned a HAWK it would see nothing but the best (Iridium plug... Denso or NGK brand preferably )

Others will tell you "it's a cheap China Bike... why bother to use anything other than the cheapest of parts" (?Champion?Autolite? coppers )

Have seen someone use E3 plugs in a HAWK before... but I wouldn't use those ever again myself... better off using the Torch copper plug it came with IMO

Denso and NGK Iridium plugs are good for 50,000 to 100,000 miles in most motos... coppers need replaced/regaped all the damn time... I happily spend the $3 more for the Iridium

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.

Old 03-22-2017, 10:33 PM   #108

I switched to a NGK iridium... Because it was only $9, and my cheap China bike deserves it...

Old 03-23-2017, 12:19 AM   #109

I don't care are about cost. I care more about performance. I know, in autosmobiles, you can't run platinums and iridiums in just every vehicle. It won't run right without a copper plug. So I was asking more on reliability and performance wise, what people run/prefer

Last edited by JMM; 03-23-2017 at 11:39 AM.

Old 03-23-2017, 11:41 AM   #110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhule View Post
Depends on who you talk to... if I owned a HAWK it would see nothing but the best (Iridium plug... Denso or NGK brand preferably )

Others will tell you "it's a cheap China Bike... why bother to use anything other than the cheapest of parts" (?Champion?Autolite? coppers )

Have seen someone use E3 plugs in a HAWK before... but I wouldn't use those ever again myself... better off using the Torch copper plug it came with IMO

Denso and NGK Iridium plugs are good for 50,000 to 100,000 miles in most motos... coppers need replaced/regaped all the damn time... I happily spend the $3 more for the Iridium
I hear what you're saying. Iridiums are $12 here and the copper was just over $2. So a $10 difference. But like i said before, don't care so much about spending an extra 10 bucks, but more so on the reliability and how the bike runs on them. Good to hear other ppl run them with no problems then

Old 03-23-2017, 12:30 PM   #111

I usually buy all my auto parts (spark plugs included) from online sources like RockAuto, even places like Advance Auto ("Savings" might still work... it's 30% off right now) have started to give good online coupon codes that makes buying parts locally much easier on the wallet

With shipping fees, rock auto usually has some of the best prices on spark plugs and always has 5% off ("mmail6" might be active still), sometimes has the 10% off coupon but that's rare. Can easily order 4 iridium plugs from RA for the price of 2 locally (without use of coupons)

Think I paid a whole $22 including shipping for 4x Denso Iridium Spark Plugs that fit our Bashan figured 3 extra should be enough spark plugs "on hand" for the life of the China Bike

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.

Old 03-23-2017, 01:40 PM   #112

I run iridium in all my bikes. I haven't had a plug go bad in over 10 years. I do change them about every three years tho.

Old 03-23-2017, 03:54 PM   #113

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMM View Post
How is that Walmart battery working out for you? I'm really starting to get annoyed with the stock one...
A little known fact is that the Everstart batteries at Wal-Mart are made by Johnson Controls. This is the same company that makes the batteries for pretty much all of the major brands including Advance Auto Parts, Auto Zone, Sears, Optima etc.

Old 03-25-2017, 02:12 PM   #114

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerWFarrier View Post
A little known fact is that the Everstart batteries at Wal-Mart are made by Johnson Controls. This is the same company that makes the batteries for pretty much all of the major brands including Advance Auto Parts, Auto Zone, Sears, Optima etc.
I didn't know have the exact name of the company, but did know that batteries are all made from the same like 3 companies, with just different labels on them. But figured they are all better than the cheap Chinese one that comes with it. Thanks for the info!