Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-16-2016, 03:18 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjmorel View Post
My theology is simple in that going into buying my RX3 last year for the price I didn't expect it to be a KTM or Ducati and figured I would take it for what it was and accept any of it's unforeseen short comings. If CSC went out of business or didn't honor the warranty I figured this was one of the gambles in life I was willing to take...... rj
rj, I agree. For me, purchasing the RX3 was a leap of faith.

I was mentally prepared for the purchase to be a complete write-off.

I have been pleasantly surprised by the quality of the RX3, and the response by CSC to all my inquiries and accessory purchases.

IMO, A clearly worded statement of the warranty, what is covered, and for how long, posted on the CSC website, and on their printed materials, would go a long way in alleviating any misconceptions.

Maybe I missed it, but I have not found any mention of wear items, and 6 months, anywhere but here and in an email.

jb

Old 03-16-2016, 06:03 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbfla View Post
rj, I agree. For me, purchasing the RX3 was a leap of faith.

jb
My purchase was definitely a leap. I had never even seen one in person. Plus since i found a used one I only got a 1 year parts only warranty of which 5 months was gone. So I had to rely on internet reviews.
So I guess my problem is reading about others getting a replacement battery but some of us being told "sorry for your luck". Doesn't seem to be the same warranty for everyone.
And I still love riding my bike when i get a chance, just want to ride somewhere other than to work for a change.
Will
'15 Mustard

Old 03-16-2016, 06:40 PM   #18

My approach to the RX3 was similar. As long as the hard parts like the engine are good and safety is not compromised, I'm fine with saving a little money on 'consumable' parts, like tires, battery or oil. Those are easy enough and cheap enough to swap out, and everybody has their own favorite brand anyway.

2015 CSC red RX3 with 19" front wheel, Shinko 804/805, skid plate, tall seat, 13T/45T sprockets, progressive shock, Winyoochanok windshield, GENSSI LED headlight, SW-Motech tankbag, Shorai Lithium battery
2014 Ural Patrol