Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-10-2009, 12:36 AM   #1

moded beast exhaust

..ok, did it as my son did, but...i was planning on taking before n after pics.......uhmm.....well, i forgot...

so i will try to describe it in words............here we go............

1) remove the manifold nuts, and exhaust bolt(s) holding it to the rear frame
2) remove the exhaust from the Quad and using a "PAINT MARKER" Draw a couple of random marks, 3-4 preferabley around the pipe before you cut. make your marks about an inch or more long, as you will need these marks to line the muffler back up to be able to align them back together so your muffler will fit back on after welding
3) using a grinder with a cut-off disk, cut through the factory weld nearest the engine side on the exhaust pipe
4) Seperate the two halves by simply pulling the halves apart
5) You will now see a long sleeve (pipe) with several holes drilled through it. You now need to cut this off as close as you can get it, removing as much as possable
6) with the drilled pipe removed, place the two halves back together using some clamps or what have you to hold everything in place using the "PAINT MARKS" that you did before cutting everything apart to assist you in lining everything up correctly. ( you may want a buddy to give you a hand).....
7) weld the exhaust back together, grind off anything that looks bad, add a fresh coat of heat resistant paint and your done...re-install...

NEO

Old 04-10-2009, 01:20 AM   #2

We're going to need video Neo. Let's hear it!

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 04-10-2009, 10:27 AM   #3

you read my mind....workin on it...

probably sometime today...im gonna be a busy guy today. I gotta get my car insured, go to the place i have it stored at, charge up the battery, install a new BOSCH alternater, and bring her home. poor girl has been sitting under her nascar blanket for 7 months.....

NEO

Old 04-10-2009, 11:33 AM   #4

Hey, let's see some vids of your Monte while you're at it. You worked hard on it; give us a tour.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer