Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-04-2016, 05:13 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHawk47 View Post
Detours,
I'm in the process of installing the Gennsi LED and am struggling a bit.
1. where did you install the "power supply"? Your photo in an early post looks like you fitted it inside the shell. I have not been able to find room for it inside the shell; however I cannot see in there as well because I cut a 2.5" hole with a holes saw.
Comments:
2. I was unable to unscrew the set screw holding the heatsink; I finally looked in the hole with a flashlight - there was no set screw. Figured out that the heatsink was screwed on.
3. Before I figured out the heatsink I removed the tri-tab mounting plate so I could put the rubber seal and locking ring on. One set screw had not been tightened at all, and both stripped in the hex socket when I snugged them up, and I was being gentle.
4. The wide tab at the top of the mounting plate is not as wide as the OEM and the locater in the reflector shell. This allows some rotational movement of the lamp.
5. Where did you set the lamp in the mounting plate, rotation wise. Mine came at one mark from the last mark.

Edit: Does the power supply get hot/warm. That might be a problem if it is inside the shell.
1. I had to remove the backplate of the headlight to fit the power supply in there. I don't know how hot it will get, but it rests between the back of the reflector and the rear shell. With the hole I cut in the back, I think there's enough airflow. At least the main heat sink is fully ventilated.

2. Yeah, the whole heatsink screws on and off. The set screws are to lock the lamp in the desired rotation.

3. My set screws were ok. sorry yours stripped out Yes, the order of installation is LED lamp (without heatsink), locking ring, headlight boot, heatsink.

4. I didn't notice any rotational movement once installed. I'll check my installation again tonight. FYI, I have the 2015.5 reflector ... which one do you have?

5. I used the stock rotation and it was correct, but I don't know if they are all set the same at the factory. I'll check my rotation when I get home and try to get a pic.

2015 CSC red RX3 with 19" front wheel, Shinko 804/805, skid plate, tall seat, 13T/45T sprockets, progressive shock, Winyoochanok windshield, GENSSI LED headlight, SW-Motech tankbag, Shorai Lithium battery
2014 Ural Patrol