Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2018, 07:14 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlfpck View Post
I have the Icebear Fuerza (the sister bike to the icebear little monster you have). I know that on the Facebook groups everyone talks about how the stock motor on the vader and taotao vibrate a lot and stuff which leads to the sheared motor mount bolt and things shaking loose.... but like you, my 125cc engine seems fine.

May be because we have a Loncin engine instead of a Lifan? Who knows... but I've been pretty happy with my 125cc. Will be swapping the 190cc as soon as my schedule and stuff smooth out and I stop being lazy.
I have the zs190 resting on my bench,I'm going to hate seeing the loncin 125 go,it feels like a tough little warrior.The only thing I have hard time with is the gear shift pattern,I'm used to the regular pattern and most times I end up down shifting instead of up shifting and over revving the engine.Side note, the loncin engine sounds and feels like a bullet proof engine.

Old 11-28-2018, 09:22 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck View Post
I have the zs190 resting on my bench,I'm going to hate seeing the loncin 125 go,it feels like a tough little warrior.The only thing I have hard time with is the gear shift pattern,I'm used to the regular pattern and most times I end up down shifting instead of up shifting and over revving the engine.Side note, the loncin engine sounds and feels like a bullet proof engine.
I will probably donate my loncin 125 to a buddy to use in his pitbike. We're going to try and convert his pitbike to make it street legal.

Figured if he has my 125, he'll be able to use electric start instead of having to kick start it.

While you haven't put in the 190 yet... you could also get a 4V head. Maybe bore it to 212cc.

Old 11-28-2018, 11:20 AM   #18

Quote:
I will probably donate my loncin 125 to a buddy to use in his pitbike. We're going to try and convert his pitbike to make it street legal.

Figured if he has my 125, he'll be able to use electric start instead of having to kick start it.

While you haven't put in the 190 yet... you could also get a 4V head. Maybe bore it to 212cc.
OH man now we are talking but i'm afraid the bike will disintegrate lol.The only reason I will not do that is because I have a drz400sm for that extra power.

Old 11-28-2018, 02:10 PM   #19

I really like the 125 in the vader too. It seems like it is running great and I like the idea of the 190 but hesitant on pulling the trigger.

Old 11-30-2018, 09:44 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck View Post
OH man now we are talking but i'm afraid the bike will disintegrate lol.The only reason I will not do that is because I have a drz400sm for that extra power.
Nah. It's safe. If anything the 190 vibrates less according to people that already swapped. The big thing is the fact that you gain a 5 speed.

Old 12-13-2018, 06:49 AM   #21

Quote:
Nah. It's safe. If anything the 190 vibrates less according to people that already swapped. The big thing is the fact that you gain a 5 speed.
Actually the motor on the Icebear is very smooth,it's not even broken in yet.

Old 12-13-2018, 08:43 AM   #22

I love the Zs190 swap, i really do and have plans to do it, that 5th gear is just too sweet to pass up, and of course the extra power.That said, I'm really so pleased with the power from changing sprockets, carb, pipe ,intake and CDI sets that I just am not in as huge a rush as i was to garbage can what essentially is a brand new engine that does what i need it to do . ,I think I am going to sort out a swingarm and ride a complete summer before I do the 190 thing ,i got my Vader in late last summer and by the time i really got thru assembling it and did a lot of mods , I only got a little riding in ,then we got Hurricane Michael'd, and after we somewhat recovered from that it had turned too cold/rainy to ride much.

I still have a ton more parts/mods to install already here just got to make the time to get on them.
2020 Orion RXB250L

Old 12-14-2018, 11:35 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedCrowRides View Post
I love the Zs190 swap, i really do and have plans to do it, that 5th gear is just too sweet to pass up, and of course the extra power.That said, I'm really so pleased with the power from changing sprockets, carb, pipe ,intake and CDI sets that I just am not in as huge a rush as i was to garbage can what essentially is a brand new engine that does what i need it to do . ,I think I am going to sort out a swingarm and ride a complete summer before I do the 190 thing ,i got my Vader in late last summer and by the time i really got thru assembling it and did a lot of mods , I only got a little riding in ,then we got Hurricane Michael'd, and after we somewhat recovered from that it had turned too cold/rainy to ride much.

I still have a ton more parts/mods to install already here just got to make the time to get on them.
So on a grom with a Kepspeed swingarm (one with needle bearings instead of rubber bushing) is awesome. There's no slop. It's pretty nice.

I'm probably going to do the rear set, zs190, swingarm, and rear sprocket all at once since everything will be off. lol

Old 12-15-2018, 07:51 AM   #24

Yeah right now I think I'd rather do the swingarm ,I'll need to do it for the Zs190 swap anyways and I can benefit from it now as well- I have a new Ohlins copy rear shock I need to get installed and an aftermarket splash guard and stainless rear brake line so if I'm going to do all that i might as well just do the swingarm on the same pass so I only have to take it all apart once. I have a brand new OEM Grom seat ( the flat style) I really need to get installed too, the Gen2 Vader seat has that deep cut in it that pretty much forces you into the tank and it's driving me freakin' crazy bc it makes it really tough to slide back when stunting , so many projects and so little time lol !
2020 Orion RXB250L

Old 12-18-2018, 11:56 AM   #25

Icebear little monster

Doing really good so far,you kind of forget about the lack of power,very strange.Now I understand why they are a lot of fun.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3005.jpg (97.0 KB, 631 views)

Old 12-18-2018, 01:13 PM   #26

Looking good!

Yesterday I was splitting and some dude got peeved, sped up, closed in to keep me from passing.
On the bigger bike I'm so fast (ha i know) I could speed up and be gone before the guy could do anything. On the vader, I still squeeze through cause of it's size. Love this little bike. Left the dude laying on his horn as I passed him with a nod

Old 12-19-2018, 06:54 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrfxr67 View Post
Looking good!

Yesterday I was splitting and some dude got peeved, sped up, closed in to keep me from passing.
On the bigger bike I'm so fast (ha i know) I could speed up and be gone before the guy could do anything. On the vader, I still squeeze through cause of it's size. Love this little bike. Left the dude laying on his horn as I passed him with a nod
Catch them by surprise.

Old 12-24-2018, 06:11 AM   #28

Fun factor:
Ducati s2r1000-157 mph-8/10
Suzuki drz400sm-95mph-9/10
Icebear little monster-60mph-10/10.
I thing the little one is gonna get me in trouble with the cops and I'm surprise with the stopping power of the front brake maybe because of the braided hose line.

Old 12-24-2018, 09:20 AM   #29

@chuck - As the saying goes , It's funner to ride a slow bike fast than it is to ride a fast bike slow .Not to say you can't manage to hurt yourself on a Grom clone, but the chances of it are far less than on a larger, heavier, faster bike and the fun factor is definitely still there ,especially with a few mods.It's also very affordable compared to other choices - And 100% agree on front brake, I added braided stainless brake line to mine and can do easy stoppies all day, i actually had planned to upgrade the brake pads but it was so good after just the brake line and brake fluid change i decided there was no real point ,when you can do easy 2 finger stoppies , you got all the braking you need lol !
2020 Orion RXB250L

Old 12-26-2018, 04:30 AM   #30

What size (mm) front and back brake lines do these bikes take?
Protaper se x110 bars/grips
1/4 MotionPro throttle
Kepspeed Braced swingarm
Chimera rear hub assy
Grom Intergrated tail light
Superlite Sprockets 17/32
custom made from Japan
Chimera Swing Arm Bolt
RK MXZ Chain #420
All Balls wheel bearings
Motodynamic fender eliminator
Coremoto ss brake lines