Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2016, 10:55 AM   #1

My China Moto Registration?

Iam trying to get some help with modding my DB-07k and cant seem to get any help here so I want to try My China Moto but cant register? Does anyone know how to contact them? I cant find a Contact Us Page anywhere?

Old 07-24-2016, 11:54 AM   #2

I will email the owner, 'Crazy Carl' to see. He has his hands full publishing 'Advmoto' magazine, so usually takes a day or two to get back to me. My biggest 'issue' I see with the group (not an issue, per se, but...) is the fact that the majority of the members are spread out worldwide, so are oftentimes not familiar with each others' bikes. The site was set up when Mr. Parker ('Crazy' Carl Parker) was teaching English in the later 00's in China, so many of the members back then tended to be ex-pats from all over the world living in China. Nowadays, there is a hardcore group of ex-pats from China who are active members, but again, they tend to not be familiar with the Chinese bikes we get in the US. As well, there are many people from Europe (alot from UK) who are not familiar with our bikes, either. However, it can never hurt to ask, and I do enjoy the mix of people there, and it is not like it costs anything to join, so don't think I was discouraging you, but also, not to expect answers 'right away' like here.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 07-24-2016, 12:09 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
I will email the owner, 'Crazy Carl' to see. He has his hands full publishing 'Advmoto' magazine, so usually takes a day or two to get back to me. My biggest 'issue' I see with the group (not an issue, per se, but...) is the fact that the majority of the members are spread out worldwide, so are oftentimes not familiar with each others' bikes. The site was set up when Mr. Parker ('Crazy' Carl Parker) was teaching English in the later 00's in China, so many of the members back then tended to be ex-pats from all over the world living in China. Nowadays, there is a hardcore group of ex-pats from China who are active members, but again, they tend to not be familiar with the Chinese bikes we get in the US. As well, there are many people from Europe (alot from UK) who are not familiar with our bikes, either. However, it can never hurt to ask, and I do enjoy the mix of people there, and it is not like it costs anything to join, so don't think I was discouraging you, but also, not to expect answers 'right away' like here.
After doing lots and lots of research I found out about Carl Parker and found his email address on some other site about photography? Ive sent him a email. I need some simple advice and cant seem to find it here so I have to look some where. If you have any ideas of where I find some advice on modding the carb sprocket and muffler on a Roketa DB-07k please let me know. Thanks

Old 07-24-2016, 12:33 PM   #4

Yep, that is him.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 07-24-2016, 01:37 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
I need some simple advice and cant seem to find it here so I have to look some where.
It's hard to give advise on a bike you haven't even seen before... how in the hell are we supposed to help when the 'owner of the bike hasn't a clue to what it looks like... how the exhaust routes... how the air filter/carburetor/frame is designed... what bolt pattern on the sprockets that come on the bike... etc...'

Right now we can't give you any real 'advise simple or hard'... as we have no clue what your bike will really need... sure we could be a-holes and just post up tons of info we have on any China Moto no matter if it works for your bike or not... then you can go out and spend some big $$ (I remember reading somewhere you are rolling in tons of excess $$) on parts that wont even fit... then you will be back complaining about all the crap we said would work on a bike that the owner didn't even see to begin with...

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.

Old 07-24-2016, 01:58 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhule View Post
It's hard to give advise on a bike you haven't even seen before... how in the hell are we supposed to help when the 'owner of the bike hasn't a clue to what it looks like... how the exhaust routes... how the air filter/carburetor/frame is designed... what bolt pattern on the sprockets that come on the bike... etc...'

Right now we can't give you any real 'advise simple or hard'... as we have no clue what your bike will really need... sure we could be a-holes and just post up tons of info we have on any China Moto no matter if it works for your bike or not... then you can go out and spend some big $$ (I remember reading somewhere you are rolling in tons of excess $$) on parts that wont even fit... then you will be back complaining about all the crap we said would work on a bike that the owner didn't even see to begin with...
That is why the hell Iam asking people who OWN the bike to give advice?

Old 07-24-2016, 02:12 PM   #7

Not many of those people are doing any upgrades from the looks of things... there is a reason only one other DB07K owner chimed in way back when and most are not posting up any info/help because they just ride the bike 'as is'... it's only a cheap China Bike after all, why put any more $$ into it then necessary is how most people see these bikes

Might be time to go do what every other Coloradans do... maybe time to go 'medicate, cough a bit, chill, and relax' then wait a few days... the answers you seek might show up over time bud

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.

Old 07-24-2016, 02:20 PM   #8

Thumbs Down

Quote:
Not many of those people are doing any upgrades from the looks of things... there is a reason only one other DB07K owner chimed in way back when and most are not posting up any info/help because they just ride the bike 'as is'... it's only a cheap China Bike after all, why put any more $$ into it then necessary is how most people see these bikes

Might be time to go do what every other Coloradans do... maybe time to go 'medicate, cough a bit, chill, and relax' then wait a few days... the answers you seek might show up over time bud
If you have no help to post please dont post at all! No need to be rude bud?!

Old 07-24-2016, 02:55 PM   #9

Just saying it usually takes days for a response on a forum or maybe use "site:chinariders.net DB-07" in your favorite search engine...

Here, I did a search for you and found a DB-07 thread...

http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=15939

Oh look... it had no real mods done to his DB-07...

Another thread I looked up for you... the only mod done was some "bungee cords" to hold a 30 pack of beer...

Trust me when I say... I'm not being rude... I was trying to help when I said, the only person actually doing mods to his 'DB-07' bike already answered what he could in one of your million threads

Old 07-24-2016, 03:11 PM   #10

Angry

Quote:
Just saying it usually takes days for a response on a forum or maybe use "site:chinariders.net DB-07" in your favorite search engine...

Here, I did a search for you and found a DB-07 thread...

http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=15939

Oh look... it had no real mods done to his DB-07...

Another thread I looked up for you... the only mod done was some "bungee cords" to hold a 30 pack of beer...

Trust me when I say... I'm not being rude... I was trying to help when I said, the only person actually doing mods to his 'DB-07' bike already answered what he could in one of your million threads
Your still being rude?
Ive asked you to not post in my thread. Iam looking for help and your not helping. There are not too many people here with these bikes so Iam trying to get some help on another forum. Will there be more people over there with these bikes I have no idea but Ill never know until I try. This is the last time I will ask you to please not post in my thread. I have now reported you to the admin. Thanks.

Last edited by Merlin; 07-24-2016 at 04:48 PM.

Old 07-26-2016, 12:47 AM   #11

Member 'Blackbike' has this bike, according to his signature line. He is very active here, so should be easy to contact.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 07-30-2016, 12:20 AM   #12

Let's keep our replies civil. We have always worked to keep these forums friendly. It is against the rules to taunt other members of these forums.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894