Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pure Dirt
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-09-2009, 04:30 AM   #1

Xmoto 250cc --Clutch Cable-Acerbis light-sprock bolts help.?

Hello everyone,

Can any of you dudes help me on how to adjust my clutch "cable" on my XMoto 250cc Dirt Bike? Also, last year I purchased a Acerbis front headlamp for my DB-27 dirt bike (which currently isn't running) and now I want to install the Acerbis Head light on my Xmoto 250. What do I need to do to config the electrical?? Can my battery/charging system on the Xmoto handle the light???

I really needed a headlamp couple days ago because my rear sprocket bolts on the Xmoto sheared of "again" while I was riding in the mountains above my house. I was 10 miles from civilization and I had to push bike out 3 miles up a moutain and coast down mtn 7 miles. It got dark on me so a head lamp would have helped. Luckily there was a lot of moonlight.

I have to re-tap rear sprocket bolts again and make lock washers since there aren't any place to buy them on the web. bummer...Thanks for all your support dudes...

Old 03-11-2009, 10:43 AM   #2

Re: Xmoto 250cc --Clutch Cable-Acerbis light-sprock bolts he

Is this one like your bike?
http://www.countyimports.com/inc/sdetail/5138

Quote:
Originally Posted by puush
Hello everyone,

Can any of you dudes help me on how to adjust my clutch "cable" on my XMoto 250cc Dirt Bike?
Look on the right side of the engine, you will see the clutch actuator with the cable attached. There should be an adjustment point near that. Loosen the nuts a little. Turn the nut in "front" to tighten or loosen the cable. When tightening, you will need to turn the one in "back" also. Use the back nut to secure the setting. I try for about 1/2inch freeplay at the handle bar lever.
Quote:
Also, last year I purchased a Acerbis front headlamp for my DB-27 dirt bike (which currently isn't running) and now I want to install the Acerbis Head light on my Xmoto 250. What do I need to do to config the electrical?? Can my battery/charging system on the Xmoto handle the light???
Little more info on the Acerbis unit:
What model did you get?
Did the Acerbis unit come with a switch?
Does the XMoto already have a light switch?
Is there a wiring diagram in the owner's manual?
You may have headlight wires in place that aren't hooked up.
You should be able to run the power wires directly from the battery (don't forget an in-line fuse on the positive wire.)
What size battery is on the bike?
I have a 7 amp hour on my 200cc enduro and run the headlight off the battery without a problem.
Bill

Old 03-15-2009, 01:27 AM   #3

lights

I have an Acerbis Dimensions Headlight and a Moose Light Harness Kit. The Moose lighting instructions say to unplug my stock Kill switch and plug in the moose lighting kill switch. Wont this mess up my Electric start switch?

Also, it says to hook up a wire to my bikes "lighting coil by the flywheel". Like I know where this is at. Also, the Moose light wire harness just has loose wires to hook up to the Acerbis light. I guess I have to just trial and error and not short anything out.

Michael

Old 03-15-2009, 06:10 PM   #4

Re: lights

Quote:
I have an Acerbis Dimensions Headlight and a Moose Light Harness Kit. The Moose lighting instructions say to unplug my stock Kill switch and plug in the moose lighting kill switch. Wont this mess up my Electric start switch?

Also, it says to hook up a wire to my bikes "lighting coil by the flywheel". Like I know where this is at. Also, the Moose light wire harness just has loose wires to hook up to the Acerbis light. I guess I have to just trial and error and not short anything out.
Michael
The Acerbis is a nice headlight. Does it use an H-4 base bulb? I can't tell from the website.

The Moose harness looks like it was designed for a kickstart MX bike, without a battery.
We have a few extra wires thrown in for the electric start and the stator wires are connected to the charging circuit.
Yes, it probably will affect the electric start without some "thoughtful" changes in the wiring.
Trial and error could very well burn something out. :oops:

Is the link I posted similar to your bike. If so, I may be able to find a wiring diagram and get an idea of which ones to hook into.

Also helpful to have the Moose instructions. I can't find a link to them on the web??

If you can, post a picture of any wires coming out of the left side of the engine.
Later,
Bill

Old 03-15-2009, 09:08 PM   #5

thanks

ok. thanks

Old 03-18-2009, 01:45 PM   #6

boy, work gets in the way of having fun.......

Actually, I really enjoy my work 8)

Been busy the past 2 days. Off for a bit now.

I couldn't find any wiring diagram resources for this bike.
Should be able to do this anyway. It sounds like it will need to wired the way my bike was from the factory (and I wasn't very happy with the results :( ) Every time I hit the brakes or turn signals, the headlight would dim.
With the Moose harness having it's own regulator and not running any other lights, you may get lucky and not see the headlight brightness change that I did.

One drawback to this set-up: If the motor dies, you ain't got no headlight 8O

Let me know when you have some time to check the wiring coming out of the stator. I should be able to tell you how to identify which wires to use for power to the headlight.

Later,
Bill

Old 03-22-2009, 05:33 AM   #7

What you need to do is to run the motor and check for a 12V power source. Most if not all of the China bikes come with a 5 wire plug off of the motor. One or more of the wires off of this plug are not being used, that is, a blank wire off of the motor. Find this unused wire with a electrical tester and use it, if it's got 12V current, to power your headlight. If this doesn't work, don't give up, use a electrical tester to find a power source. :idea:

Old 04-04-2009, 10:41 PM   #8

I put an aftermarket light on my bike, I just wired it direct to the battery through a universal hadlebar mounted switch. It works just fine.

Old 04-06-2009, 05:38 AM   #9

bare bones

I have my bike stripped down to bare bones right now working on a carb issue on another post.

anyways, i do see a wire that is taped of and not being used for anything. I will test that one and see if 12v. Right now I have to get the dang thing started again. Thanks for all your solutions.

Michael A