Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > News, Support, & Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2019, 04:49 PM   #1

Which chinese bike is best for me

Hello, I'm new to forums and just wanted to ask for a few opinions.
I have been looking into Chinese bikes recently and have come across a few that I'm interested.

I'm trying to decide between The Hawk250, Hawk250 DLX, CSC TT250, and Brozz250. I see that the Hawk250 is the very basic lowest priced bike which I have heard very good things about, while for around $600 more I could get the Hawk250 DLX with electronic fuel injection instead of a carb. The Brozz250 for less than the DLX, and is counterbalanced and higher geared. Then there is the TT250 being counterbalanced and higher quality.

I would be using a bike for 50/50 so basically half road time and half dirt time. I'm leaning toward the Hawk250 right now, but I was just wandering if I could get some more information on whether I should spend the extra cash on the DLX or TT250.

Thanks in advance!

Old 08-31-2019, 05:37 PM   #2

Hi Josh, welcome aboard!!!
A few items...ride height to consider....us shorter guys have a problem, and you can check out my posts on the BMS250. The bms is listed at incorrect seat height....check out my posts.Tire size is a deal breaker to some on this site. 21/18 is the size most prefer.

megadan and jerryhawk, and several others including onelegged, that post here, have the hawk, and have done some mods to it that you can check out. The hawk, from what onelegged has posted, has more aggressive tires for dirt as well.

Herbie on this site has the brozz blue eagle, and has posted some of his mods. Others have purchased the brozz, and the storm. chiptoothy on this site was helpful and gave me lots of advice on the storm.

2lz had the csc, but sold it as was thinning the herd. He posted several writeups on that bike, with his mods, etc. the csc is more money, but there is more service and support.

Orion has come out with an enduro, looks a lot like the ktm, but check it out as well.

The counter balanced engine was not a deal breaker for me.

The efi machines are new, and personally, I am not a fan as of yet of efi, on the china bikes. motocheez bought the hawk dlx and did a video on it. culcune posted a video of a buddy of his on the lifan xpect.

There are many folks on this site that have been on here for years, many kind people here, ask any questions you might have. or even pm any of us.

good luck and keep us posted!!!!!
A family that works together, plays together, shoots and trains together, and sleds together, stays together. Second amendment! SkiDoo sleds, NOW 2 TTR225, and a BMS250. A couple of quotes (we are not farmers) "I don't get off the farm much" "Am too old school" I call the china bikes "the china syndrome".

Last edited by wedooit; 09-01-2019 at 12:52 AM.

Old 10-11-2019, 01:33 AM   #3

I owned a Hawk and currently own the Brozz 250. If you like to get into this China bike motoring and want to start cheap and look forward to upgrading then get a Hawk. Do the Hawk for sure if you plan on riding more in dirt with the stock larger dirt tires. When I first got my Hawk it ran like crap on the stock carb. If you don't mind the analog gauge and sort then the Hawk is ok starting out. Yet the digital on the brozz is off by 5mph. On the Hawk I changed and re-jetted the carb, removed the cat, changed the gearing, put on a CR250 exhaust, digital dash, anti vibration mirrors, vibration absorbing grips, usb 12 port, box on the back, LED headlight, LED turn signals and put 80/20 tires on it. It behaved on the street allot better. But took away the dirt traction and low end for climbing steeper hills. Now, I have the Brozz 250 with the same gearing now, led signals, 80/20 or 50/50 tires. Not sure what they are but do ok on dirt so far. The counter balanced engine doesn't need me to change the stock mirrors. Not as many vibes vs the Hawk. I'd take a Hawk any day with a counterbalanced engine for the Hawk low price. Anyway the Brozz did some of the work for me, but cost more initially. Even though the Brozz wheels are smaller, the ride height feels the same as the Hawk as I remember. Of course memory fades into the wind when cruising on my China. Bottom line is that either bike will be durable and will get you in and out of the trails ahead. Neither has ever let me down.

Tags
250, dirtbike, dlx, efi, hawk