Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Media/Reviews/Classifieds/Sponsors > Free Classifieds > Complete Machines
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-17-2022, 05:28 PM   #1

Modified Hawk For sale In Wv

Ok I'm Thinking about selling my hawk 250. its a 2019 with 2500 miles on it. It has a cg300 big bore kit, performance camshaft, timing key and ported head from henner motorsports. Nibbi coil, nibbi carb, stoneman exhaust, oil cooler, skid plate, ninja rear shock, yss fork valves installed in the front forks, fork brace, new knobby tires, with extra set of decent 50/50 shinko 244 on rims but front has a few broken spokes. Tt250 seat, seat cover, led headlight, digital cluster, aftermarket mirrors and levers, China bark busters, 16/44 sprockets and some extras to go with it. Im located in Morgan County Wv. Hit me up if you're interested. Would like to get $2K but am open to reasonable offers. Thanks

Old 02-18-2022, 10:53 AM   #2

after all that work, why selling?

Old 02-19-2022, 08:07 AM   #3

Ive upgraded to a drz400. I have conflicting feelings about it as I might've been better with the 650 but drz suspension sold me on it. Its not the best road bike either but its powerful enough to take me where I want to go ride the trails and back. Time will tell if it was a good or bad decision. I wanted more power for road travel and even modded out the hawk still is just not quite powerful enough for the road trips I want to do. Wv hills are tough on the hawk at highway speed. Also, I know I won't have time for both bikes. So I'd rather not see my hawk sit unused. I have been using it around the house to run my hounds but that's about it.

Last edited by drstansbury@yahoo.; 02-19-2022 at 08:09 AM. Reason: poor spelling and grammar

Old 02-19-2022, 08:14 AM   #4

I honestly love my hawk and other than updating the steering stem bearing and installing grease fitting to the swing arm and headset there's not much else to upgrade on it. I actually like some of the hawks features better than the Suzuki. I don't have to sell it, but I'm not a collector. I'd rather see it enjoyed. I have enjoyed it for the past few years and it really got me back into riding.

Old 02-19-2022, 06:24 PM   #5

Don't do it right know. I would wait 6 months and see if you feel the same after all the charm of the DRZ has worn off. You put that kind of work into a bike, you will miss it later.

Old 02-19-2022, 06:43 PM   #6

One thing I do know the china bike community is WAY better than the drz community. Also I hate Thumper talk. Terrible forum, dated information, poorly organized, full of pompous jerks, but for some reason has a follwing. If I don't sell the hawk it wouldn't hurt my feelings.

Old 02-19-2022, 07:56 PM   #7

We've never seen a picture of that bike? You should upload some pictures with the specs, I mean as far as I know it is the first to have a cg300 big bore? Post them in the below thread with all your specs, you know, for posterity sake!

http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=26449

I would turn it into an off road bike, drop the gearing and get some knobby tires. That CG sings in the mid range with that outstanding torque!

Just because you don't have a China bike doesn't mean you have to leave the forum. There is the other category!

Old 02-20-2022, 09:36 AM   #8

I did some posts with pictures about the build on the Facebook pages hawk250 and chinda riders. I probably did some posts on here about it as well but its been awhile ago now as I did this shortly after getting the bike. I had already done the head, cam etc and wanted more power so the big bore happened. I discussed the build with megadan and sent him links to the cylinder I used. I actually have a spare cylinder kit. It is not a direct fit. The bigbore cylinder must be milled down to 73mm outside diameter on the portion of the sleeve that slips into the lower engine case. The power is not huge increase but the power curve is much wider and torque is greatly improved. With 16/42 gears and shinko 244 tires if pushed can hit 80mph in the flats and will sustain 60mph on pretty much any steep highway grade. Currently I'm running full knobbies with 16/44 gears. Im.out of mods to do unless I put on a turbo, which I have researched but its pretty expensive and I'm not sure I know enough about turbo setups to do one without grenading the engine lol.

Old 02-20-2022, 10:36 AM   #9

That is impressive 80 mph. I don't think I would want to try that the way my HAWK is set up now, much over 60 and the front end just feels loose and detached. I need to do some work on it this year but high speed has never been my objective with the bike. CG strong, ride hard!

Old 02-20-2022, 02:42 PM   #10

Definitely scary and impractical and engine screaming. Thus that lead to the suspension mods. Fork brace is a must! But honestly I don't like riding pinned to the tank wound out for top speed. I'm more relaxed upright position unless offroad. I like.cruising 60-65 comfortably. Hawk is super nice for my uses locally just wanted more power for longer road trips to some different orv trails. Im really happy with the 16/44 set up on my bike. Less top speed but more low end. Really good compromise

Old 02-20-2022, 06:35 PM   #11

Hello you did good, loved my 400.

Old 02-20-2022, 08:33 PM   #12

buzz I hope its a good bike. Right now I'm looking for some tires.as the stock tires are terrible. Might try shinko 244s on it as I liked them on the chonda, but online consensus is to run a pirelli mt21 front and a dunlop 606 rear. Looks a little aggressive for road travel though. I'm still looking though

Old 02-22-2022, 06:52 PM   #13

took the bike out for a ride up on the mountain. She still rips good! I forgot how good those knobby tires went in the woods. Even in the wet weather did good.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FB_IMG_1645573829054.jpg (92.5 KB, 239 views)

Old 02-26-2022, 08:56 PM   #14

Hey they are great bikes,and will last a long time. Wrecked mine total lost. Brought a TBR7 last year,and loving it. Good luck!

Old 03-29-2022, 07:30 AM   #15

Bike has been sold. Not sure how to delete this post.