Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2014, 11:03 PM   #1

White and Green Wire Under my Seat

I have a Lifan GY-2, when I took the seat off I noticed a connector that was not connected to anything, the wires coming from the connector is a white and green wire. Would anyone know what this is for and would I need to connect this to anything to get my rear and front lights working?

Thanks

I will get a photo of this connector that has the two wires Tomorrow.

Any info will help big time.

Old 11-02-2014, 11:19 AM   #2

No lights and an unplugged connector under the seat sounds like a recipe.
Is every green wire a ground on that bike?

Old 11-02-2014, 08:20 PM   #3

Wires / Connectors

I have the wiring harness through my bike, the front area has the headlight wires and other wire connectors, at the back of my bike I have another set of wires/connectors for my rear light / blinkers. etc. Im just curious why there is a split off the main wiring harness in the middle of the bike under the seat and its a white wire and green wire connected to a connector. Just curious why that is there and what is it for?

Another thing is under the gas thank is another two wires, I forget what color of wires they are but I think its for the gas tank sensor telling me if its full or empty if I had it connected to an odometer/kit that lets me know how much fuel I have in the tank. Why else would there be two wires coming out of the gas tank area.. what else would those wires do?

Old 11-02-2014, 10:59 PM   #4

Please show us a pic of where the wires are. I sincerely doubt they have anything to do with fuel.

Buy a test light. You can then see if the white wire has power when the bike is running. Yes, the green wire is a ground.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer