Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2016, 11:01 PM   #31

Well, the obvious solution to the problem is to flood YouTube with our own 'brutally honest' reviews. When Everide is the only game in town he is the expert. When he is the outlier....that's another story.

Old 09-29-2016, 08:03 AM   #32

Thumbs Up

I agree, but most of us cannot play for a living. I have full time school (again at 45 years old) 2 part time jobs (I'm an RN), I have a wife I LOVE spending time with, we have 5 kids between us and all that goes on with sports, band, ROTC, a grandchild and one on the way. So, in theory I agree with us flooding YouTube with RX3 videos, I'm not the one to be able to do it.

Heck in fact, I am realizing I may not even have time to watch his channel anymore.

(Disclaimer**** If you are retired, you have earned the hell out of the right to go ride, play, be a kid again, and I am envious of you!!!)

Old 09-29-2016, 10:00 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdventureDad View Post

(Disclaimer**** If you are retired, you have earned the hell out of the right to go ride, play, be a kid again, and I am envious of you!!!)
x2

Old 09-29-2016, 10:41 AM   #34

Holy cow! Remind me never, EVER to cross Joe!
A great response by him, for sure. I'm certainly glad he's on our side.

The RX3 is what it is. As a matter of fact, I don't see ANY ADV Bike being very good at off-road as a true dirt bike, especially the very large displacement models. To me, the KLR and DR are NOT ADV bikes They're Enduros. A whole different, more dirt oriented bike that you can put cases or panniers on. That does not make them ADV bikes.
Maybe that's just the twisted way I see things, but it is what it is.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 09-29-2016, 12:56 PM   #35

Everide's buddy is no better. I could only take a few minutes of that "test ride" video as I scanned/skipped through the video. His bashing of why anyone wants a 250cc adventure bike is amusing as the rest of the world embraces the smaller displacement bikes, and even BMW is entering this market with its G310R (and possibly a G310GS).

Now a moto-vlogger I do enjoy is "A Girl and her Bike." She rides a GSX-R and a WR250 that she's made a Supermoto, but she rides with a group willing to do it all, including folks with Honda Groms and Ninja 300s going up to Santiago Peak. (Yes! Street bikes that go on dirt tracks!) While there's no RX3 content there, it's just the pure enthusiasm for riding in her vlogs that makes it so entertaining. And in the end, isn't that why we ride? Because it's enjoyable?

Old 09-30-2016, 12:11 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyoungbl View Post
Well, the obvious solution to the problem is to flood YouTube with our own 'brutally honest' reviews. When Everide is the only game in town he is the expert. When he is the outlier....that's another story.
Everide is a paid Youtube star. No doubt that youtube's search algorithm is biased toward its celebrities.

Old 10-02-2016, 01:45 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by rojo_grande View Post
It is unfortunate that positive responses for the RX-3 are being deleted.

Lost all respect for everide. I'm a KLR guy and enjoyed everide's channel very much in the beginning. However,it appears he's gone to the dark side since becoming a full-time vlogger, catering to his sponsors and their ideas of what an adventure/dual sport bike should be. Brutally honest..... not so much.

He also loaned the RX-3 to another vlogger buddy to test ride and bash. He's obviously done no homework on the bike and spews the same CB hater rhetoric.

Disappointing.

Rojo
Yikes, this hermit dude doing the video also crapped on scooters and groms. So, I guess if your not riding a bike that he approves of, you don't rate. Kinda makes me glad I sold my WR250R, that way at least I don't have that in common with him. Lol!

Old 10-02-2016, 08:20 PM   #38

The RX3 and RC3 share an engine but have different platforms, the TT250 is totally different. Zongshen did not decide to bring these bikes to the USA CSC did.
They also are bringing over the RZ3 that also shares the NC250 Engine, for 2017, it does not share a frame with the others, they are all different other than the engine.
Zongshen has a 450cc version in R&D an RX4, they also are developing a 400cc twin.
http://www.mojie.mobi/upload/image/2...1333283328.jpg
It is not uncommon for people to make assumptions, The RX3 was not built to compete in Dakar. However, if the people at Zongshen want to garner more respect they may want to engineer the RX4 to do so. They could call that version a Marathon version.
These guys both of them should test the SSR250 with the NC250 engine on the trails they like to ride on. But they do not have to, it is a free country.

Old 10-03-2016, 07:35 PM   #39

Good grief....I simply cannot believe the thread over on ADV rider. Joe is more polarizing than I thought. I've posted a comment or 2, but it has probably doubled the RX3 thread views just on his blog posting alone. Can't we all just get along?

Old 10-03-2016, 07:45 PM   #40

Not sure if you all saw that Joe posted an apology on the CSC blog.
http://californiascooterco.com/blog/?p=23212
I'm glad he did. 99% of what he posted was spot on but I could tell that as he composed the blog that he was getting madder and madder and that escalated into the personal attacks which should have been left out. Without those the blog should stand as it had merit. Everide's series on the RX3 started out biased when he said he didn't want this bike even though his subscribers are the ones who voted for it to be tested and raised the funds. He should have done a valid and non-biased/comedic in his own mind review. Now I'm just hoping that this thing quiets down and doesn't impact CSC negatively. Who knows, maybe the old phrase of bad press is better than no press will hold and CSC gets a bump in sales rather than being impacted negatively. I hope that's the case and I wish them luck!

Old 10-03-2016, 08:07 PM   #41
Banned

Go Ride.

Is this really a thread on a forum that talks about talking about bikes? Lord almighty go out and ride, tell people in person your bike is the bomb. Leave the nerd fights to the nerds.

Old 10-04-2016, 06:41 AM   #42

If Mr. Berk would like to continue representing CSC, he best pipe down as he is alienating people at a rapid rate - he's like a pit-bull on steroids. Riders/owners will have all sorts of opinions on CSC's bikes - some great, some critical. But what CSC needs to understand is that all this feedback is useful - it can help CSC further improve Zongshen products to the point where they do directly compete with their Japanese counterparts. This is healthy - not something to squelch. Take feedback graciously, garner what you can from it, and work with CSC staff and CSC bike owners to further develop your product. The rants are TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE.
IBA#65836

2005 BMW F650gs
2008 Yamaha XT250
2013 Yamaha XT250
2009 Suzuki Gladius

Old 10-04-2016, 02:13 PM   #43

"The rants are TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE."

Isn't this kind of a miniature rant? ;-)

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 01-25-2017, 10:20 PM   #44

Check out Youtuber jeffthedcguy's response to Everide's review... but first....

Hello gents. New to the forum. Am i the only RX3 owner in NYC? I FINALLY ordered my bike today but it almost didn't happen. I started looking at the bike, reading reviews, watching videos in October and was ready to pull the trigger in November... and then I watched Everide's unprofessional review. You can almost see the contempt in a previous video before he has had a chance to ride it. Eventhough, overwhelmingly, other reviews are positive that's all it took for me to start looking for a used F800GS again. In December I found a video review of the SAME Rx3 which Everide had sold at auction to YouTuber jeffthedccguy. Jeffthedcguy's review is FAVORABLE as he respectfully disagrees with Everide's conclusions. At the beginning of Jan I flew down to Colombia to visit family and friends and decided to look around for one to rent/buy to use when there. I visited AKT factory and dealerships, the company which assembles the Colombian version of the RX3, their "TT250 Adventour". I looked at some used bikes, tried to rent. To my surprise the demand is so great that I could not find one new to purchase. AKT sold in 1.5 years what they had projected to sell in 3 years and now find themselves months behind on their orders.
Besides myself, how many other potential happy customers have been dissuaded by this one unfair review? I'm planning on buying 2 used bike in Colombia to have at the ready for the wife and me.

2016 CSC RX3 Silver
2015 Harley-Davidson Softail Heritage Classic

Last edited by FMore2; 01-26-2017 at 12:28 AM.

Old 01-26-2017, 12:33 AM   #45

Welcome FMore2, that's very interesting about the Colombia market and AKT.

Many of us RX3 owners are surprised that more folks weren't able to see through the eveRide presentation. It's not an enduro or motocrosser, fine.
We know what it is and what it is not. Could it be better? With $2-3000 more expensive components it could be just as good as any $8000 light weight ADV bike.

Oh wait, that would be sort of defeating the objective, huh?