Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro

Old 09-28-2016, 11:03 AM   #91

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
Is the front end washing out a bit ?

high pressue or just a bad tyre... bit of both..?

Front had 32 psi in that footage rear was at 35psi.. and was at stock seat height in that video, if anything im up against the tank.

The bike was that squilry, keep in mind that crude oil seeps from the ground in Limestone, the mud is oily. its difficult to wash off too.

I blame the tire pressure..

It was completely different with 25psi front and rear / lowered seat height, and I easily went up any hills.

Ya like that face plant into the weeds?

Old 09-28-2016, 11:50 AM   #92

Thanks for the info.. What did you pay for your Hawk? I got mine for $1400 Shipped when it was on Sale at www.powerdirtbikes.com

Old 09-28-2016, 12:19 PM   #93

This thread has been great to follow. I'm certain those who poo poo Chinese bikes would be surprised at the amount of care and calculations taken into account.

I'm also grateful for the wisdom and expertise of you guys who have ridden far longer than I have.

I noticed my Hawk was particularly unstable on some washboard terrain, and I think maybe I need to consider getting this shock.

Old 09-28-2016, 01:06 PM   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Republic View Post
This thread has been great to follow. I'm certain those who poo poo Chinese bikes would be surprised at the amount of care and calculations taken into account.

I'm also grateful for the wisdom and expertise of you guys who have ridden far longer than I have.

I noticed my Hawk was particularly unstable on some washboard terrain, and I think maybe I need to consider getting this shock.

A bead lock would allow you to lower the tire pressure. That makes a huge difference, the shock does make it handle the rocky trails better and im sure has a hand in traction as well..
the shock I installed will lower your seat height by about 3". the stock shock being 340mm and this one being 280mm.

So one could assume that a 300mm would lower the bike by 2" and a 320 by 1".. the spring weight of 1200 seems a bit softer than stock, although some people complain about the stock shock bottoming.. I weigh 165 and couldnt hardly actuate the stock shock. with the 1200 spring i did add a turn of preload to avoid bottoming..

If I had to shop this out again I might have looked for a shock with a compression adjustment, in addition to the rebound and preload adjusters.

Ive seen that shock for $66 from a different ebay seller.. look around..

Old 09-28-2016, 01:25 PM   #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimwildman View Post
Front had 32 psi in that footage rear was at 35psi.. and was at stock seat height in that video, if anything im up against the tank.

The bike was that squilry, keep in mind that crude oil seeps from the ground in Limestone, the mud is oily. its difficult to wash off too.

I blame the tire pressure..

It was completely different with 25psi front and rear / lowered seat height, and I easily went up any hills.

Ya like that face plant into the weeds?
Oh yes! Thank you for a really epic face plant. If you can ride standing up more, you'll reduce those face plants. Unless you are looking for a vegetarian diet?

Old 09-28-2016, 02:29 PM   #96

Quote:
I weigh 165 and couldnt hardly actuate the stock shock. with the 1200 spring i did add a turn of preload to avoid bottoming..
With all my gear on I'm probably just shy of 200 and when I sit on the bike only the front drops, the rear doesn't seem to budge at all. I'm not a enduro rider, but I know my street bikes sagged more when I got on them than the Hawk does, so I expect it is a very stout spring.

Old 09-28-2016, 05:17 PM   #97

Quote:
Originally Posted by darin76 View Post
Thanks for the info.. What did you pay for your Hawk? I got mine for $1400 Shipped when it was on Sale at www.powerdirtbikes.com
I paid $1358 delivered to my garage. I had found a coupon code that saved me like $40 or something, bought from Killermotorsports. I would buy from them again. my only complaint was a lack of communication a few days around a holiday. I would guess they are staffed light.

They have a MCO request form that I used and in the comments area I asked to have the body type filled out as MOTORCYCLE. they complied with that request and as I expected there were no issues at the DMV.

the bike came undamaged in the same packaging everyone gets.

Old 09-28-2016, 08:15 PM   #98

Quote:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/11-KLX-110-D...FXLEIb&vxp=mtr

ordered one of these to replace the stock shock on the hawk. from what i was able to research its a good fit. ill report back after i get it and install it.
I almost ordered one of those shocks for my bike. Instead I ended up getting the 11" Fastace shock with 1000 lbs spring http://www.ebay.com/itm/401142561328

I loved the way the bike sat lower and how the suspension worked but unfortunately the Fastace shock has too much shaft travel and my rear tire was hitting the air box on bigger bumps. I ended up raising the shock mount on the swingarm by about 3/4". The suspension still works well but now I'm back to the rear end being a little too high. The improved suspension performance may also have a little bit to do with now having real swing arm bearings instead of the rubber bushings.

Old 01-21-2017, 11:17 AM   #99

i wonder

any idea if the TT250's rear shock would fit on the Hawk 250? The bikes look about the same to me.

Old 05-01-2017, 03:38 PM   #100

Quote:
so if this is 280mm from bolt to bolt, you coukd order any shock between 280 and th eoriginal length, to lower it a bit if you wanted. a 1200 spring and any other features you want, the bolts are 10mm at the shank.
Did this shock fit with no modification? If there was any, what all did you have to do? I am 17 and only about 5'8 at about 135-140 lbs or so.. Looking to buy one of these bikes within the next couple months but I am scared it would be too tall. Thanks!

Old 05-01-2017, 10:39 PM   #101

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljackson36 View Post
Did this shock fit with no modification? If there was any, what all did you have to do? I am 17 and only about 5'8 at about 135-140 lbs or so.. Looking to buy one of these bikes within the next couple months but I am scared it would be too tall. Thanks!
I think he had to use some washers the shim the rear shock. It should be in this thread or another one.

Old 05-02-2017, 04:46 AM   #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljackson36 View Post
im 5-9 and 210 and at red lights i have most of my feet down. i do get on by stepping on the peg first while the kick stand is down
13' long chopper in progress
2009 johnny pag bar hog
2004 hd electra glide ultra classic shriner edition
1997 harley davidson 1200 sportster
1972 harley davidson amf sx250