Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-19-2009, 05:21 PM   #1

110cc Mini Beast

I just bought a 110cc mini beast, and it will be coming soon. I have everything ready including fuel lines, blue loctite, fuel filter and fuel shut off. I just wanted to know what is the spark plug model number and what else I needed to know. Also what type of oil will I have to change it too.

Old 05-19-2009, 05:54 PM   #2

Spark plug, NGK C7HSA or ND (Nippon Denso) U22FS-U, gapped 0.6-0.7 mm.

Oil, mineral or semi-synthetic 10w-40 usually.
Qingqi QM200GY-BA Super Motard
Yamaha Virago XV1100
Triumph Bonneville SE
Qingqi QM110GY
PGO Bug rider 250 Buggy

Old 05-26-2009, 03:29 AM   #3

Holy hog wild with the fuel filter, shut off and new lines. You are ambitious!

I put MotoMaster Diesel 15-40 in mine, I belive that's the weight the crap ass manual that came with it said to use. It's been running fine and hasn't puked yet so must be alright. My brother in law tells me he runs diesel weight oil in everything he owns, as if it hadn't specifically said I probably would have put 5-30 in the thing.

I'm curious about why you chose blue loctite? I used red myself, always have with everything I've ever worked on. Not that you are wrong and I'm right I'm just curious if blue is better for the QUADS.

What color did you buy? Have fun with those damn fenders on the footpegs those things irritate me, they don't stay on right. I'm also curious to hear how you make out with the rear axel and if it tightens up when you put the wheel on, and how much room you have between the cotter pin and castelated nut.... Keep me posted!

Old 05-28-2009, 05:43 PM   #4

Wow, those foot fenders were soooo annoying. It would not even stay on right. I got so pissed off. I had to cut a piece off of it in order to put it on. Also one screw at the side would not go in since it was not aligned. I just said forget about that screw.

Old 05-28-2009, 06:17 PM   #5

Turnburn's advice was good there. I took the plastic off the frames, put the frames on then screwed the plastic back on. I did need to bend one of those into the flange to make it go on as well, however the plastic didn't line up right either. It wants to crawl over the peg all the time. I left it like that myself.

Old 05-28-2009, 07:40 PM   #6

I got them to screw in but the fenders were overlapping on the foot pegs so I had to cut them.

Old 06-08-2009, 01:20 AM   #7

BLUE LOCK TIGHT

The reason to use the blue stuff is .. on items where you may want to remove the bolt or screw.. at some time... it will let you remove it... the RED stuff.. usually is a bugger to try to remove the part once you use the RED locktight.. if you want to release the locktight.. ( if the bolt will not come undone.,.. use alittle heat... this causes the lock tight to becoem a liquid again and then the bolt will come loose..

Old 06-08-2009, 03:05 AM   #8

I always thought loctite was there to keep the bolt from coming off!

I've used a lot of red loctite in my life, and yes, heat will 'melt' and loosen it up. I felt better with the red on the wheel nuts and 'studs' just because my fear of watching a wheel fly off on something I installed while my little girl was riding it is something I don't want to witness... just felt better about it. Blue probably holds it on fine as well, along with the pit bent through it! ..but I'm over protective and a bit nuts anyhow.