Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2015, 12:16 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huck369 View Post
Yes, I have waxed all the painted parts, but wax won't stop UV fade like this...
And Spud, it's not just my tank, all the Orange painted parts are fading, and I want to be sure this isn't normal, so No one else is seeing any fading on their Orange RX-3?

If the owners or Orange RX-3's would Pull the seat back and check the paint under the edge of the seat and see if there is a difference, if NO ONE else is having this issue, then I will contact CSC about replacement painted parts, but if this is common, I don't really see this as a Warranted item, as it doesn't affect the operation of the motorcycle, and I'll live with it (or re-paint it with good paint)
No, I haven't noticed fading of any of the orange painted parts, either. However, I won't be surprised if the painted plastic fades.

I will remove my saddle today, and more closely examine the fuel tank for faded paint.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 08-25-2015, 12:21 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkrider View Post
Thanks eh?

Take off you hoser eh? (just more canadian slang for ya spud, look up Bob and Doug McKenzie sometime lol)
I remember the McKenzie brothers well.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 08-25-2015, 04:57 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huck369 View Post
Thought I'd post a pic of the fade present on my Orange RX-3

The picture doesn't show it as much as it shows in real life, but is noticeable in the pic.

Seems excessive for a 4 month old bike....
Wow, it's noticeable to me. I'll have to check my red one. Mine's garaged, but it had 1500 miles in the sun so far.

2015 CSC red RX3 with 19" front wheel, Shinko 804/805, skid plate, tall seat, 13T/45T sprockets, progressive shock, Winyoochanok windshield, GENSSI LED headlight, SW-Motech tankbag, Shorai Lithium battery
2014 Ural Patrol

Old 09-16-2015, 01:51 AM   #34

I adjusted the valve lash several days ago, and I noticed a definite fading of the orange paint on the fuel tank of my RX3. Please do compare the top of your fuel tank with the areas protected by the side covers.

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 09-16-2015, 01:54 AM   #35

I think the 2016 models should have UV resistant paint for the fuel tanks.

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 09-16-2015, 09:10 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider View Post
I think the 2016 models should have UV resistant paint for the fuel tanks.
Agreed......
2016 AJP PR4
2022 Templar X 250
2021 Sondors Metacycle
AMA Life Member

Old 09-16-2015, 10:05 AM   #37

Damn I just ordered "Fast Fade" Orange as well.

I'll try some UV inhibiting wax. What does a respray cost on some panels and a tank? I'd actually prefer a Yellow bike...........wait this may be working in my favor!

Old 09-16-2015, 01:24 PM   #38

The extra speed of our 'fast fade orange' motorcycles produces a doppler shift in the wavelength of ultraviolet radiation, which results in accelerated paint fading.

I think I am going to paint the fuel tank myself, with the following spray paint. I think Sunset Pearl is a good match for RX3 Orange.

http://www.66autocolor.com/House-of-...-spm-pbc31.htm

http://www.66autocolor.com/Spray-Max...pm-3680061.htm

Of course, one could choose any custom color he wanted.

http://www.houseofkolor.com/speedsha...es_shimrin.jsp

As with Microsoft software, 'Fast Fade Orange' is not a 'bug,' it's a feature.

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 09-16-2015, 08:21 PM   #39

I can't see any fading under the seat, but I'll check under the body panels next time I open up the bike. I have 2500 miles in the hot Colorado sun, but I store it in the garage, so hopefully that will keep it to a slow fade. Time will tell!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG1646.jpg (67.6 KB, 208 views)

2015 CSC red RX3 with 19" front wheel, Shinko 804/805, skid plate, tall seat, 13T/45T sprockets, progressive shock, Winyoochanok windshield, GENSSI LED headlight, SW-Motech tankbag, Shorai Lithium battery
2014 Ural Patrol

Old 09-16-2015, 08:33 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by detours View Post
I can't see any fading under the seat, but I'll check under the body panels next time I open up the bike. I have 2500 miles in the hot Colorado sun, but I store it in the garage, so hopefully that will keep it to a slow fade. Time will tell!
Thank you.

I haven't noticed any paint fading at the junction with the saddle. However, I can notice the paint fading at the top of the fuel tank when I compare it to the areas of the fuel tank protected by the side covers.

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 09-16-2015, 08:40 PM   #41

Huck369, I think I mentioned some where here that my orange has faded very fast, three months. I didn't really notice it at first but then when I was taking the panels off to have some accent done I really saw the fade. The tank, and all the painted parts, wasn't going to worry about it but the new painted parts really showed the difference and so I took the all the panels and tank to be repainted.

I also had all the crash bars repainted, some of the weld spots were beginning to rust, especially the bolt together section of the lower and upper crash bar. Had the area's treated, filled and painted. Not going to be able to stop the rust here where I live, can only hope to slow it down.

Hopefully I'll be able to get some pic's up this weekend or early next week.
www.medicalmissionmatters.org

Old 10-11-2015, 11:48 AM   #42

Send a message via Skype™ to Kostandino
Wink

A new-upgraded 2016 model is essential to come out in the next months.
The competition will get stiffer and tougher: KTM Adventure 390cc, Suzuki G-Strom 250cc, Kawasaki Versys 250cc are on the way to production, and probably will be released before summer of 2016..
That would mean more fierce opponents for Zongshen. So far, the brand has virtually no-contenders for the low-mid segment of the adv/dual/on-off category. The Honda CB500X in not an adv bike at all, it is just a MARKETING trick.
Thus, the Zongshen MUST upgrade some vital elements of its adv bike. Because, despite the fact it is a good bike, most can comfirm that there are elements that prevent it from being a great bike. Some minor adjustments, but still reasons to look elsewhere.. My proposals are:
19" front-17" rear rims as STOCK options.
Better braking system (maybe lager diam in front rotor?)
Better seat
Wider handlebar for better control (maybe similar shape with Kawasaki KLE500?)
Stronger headlights (not just replacing the bulb, but equip the reflector with metalic one)
Better, longer, fully adjustable suspension (its an adv bike after all) Even my Vstrom has more option in travel and stiffness..-
Fix that speedo/odo/fuel guage at last! Riders NEED an accurate data about fuel at least. We venture in the wild, and need to know the data correctly.
Some aftermarket extras should be nice to see. Maybe they already are out, but hard to find: Smoked windshield, fully-protect handguards, engine guard-plates, luggage trays for other than tourfella boxes, more color options (dark gray, black, dark green, maybe camo), double stand, etc..
Plus.. about the fuel pump wet system.. so, what IF the fuel tanks gets really empty? I mean, 100% empty? ..
I sure there are more suggestions, and if Zongshen decides to make some mods, that could mean a slight increase in price, but that would be nothing compared to $$$ payments for fixing issues and mods by the customer..
Agree??

Old 10-11-2015, 01:43 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kostandino View Post
I sure there are more suggestions, and if Zongshen decides to make some mods, that could mean a slight increase in price, but that would be nothing compared to $$$ payments for fixing issues and mods by the customer..
Agree??
NO I do not agree.

I can only comment on the USA version sold by CSC. There are those that suggest Zongshen should do this and that to "improve, and make the RX3 more competitive".

My RX3 has greatly exceeded my expectations based on quality, attention to detail, all at a very competitive price point. The key element is Price Point.

Yes, you can buy a KTM, BMW, Ducati, etc, etc that do some things "better" but, Not at this Price Point. In the USA the RX3 is sold with the understanding that the Rider will perform maintenance and service.

I presumed, that since I am responsible for maintenance and service, I am also responsible to upgrade and modify the bike to fit my specific needs. I like buying a bike at this price point and letting me choose what modifications have value for me.

This forum is full of reports on how the base bike has been modified.

The RX3 is a dressed up 250cc bike at a very low price point. Judge it based on what it is, a good starting point.

Old 10-11-2015, 02:08 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave92029 View Post
NO I do not agree.

I can only comment on the USA version sold by CSC. There are those that suggest Zongshen should do this and that to "improve, and make the RX3 more competitive".

My RX3 has greatly exceeded my expectations based on quality, attention to detail, all at a very competitive price point. The key element is Price Point.

Yes, you can buy a KTM, BMW, Ducati, etc, etc that do some things "better" but, Not at this Price Point. In the USA the RX3 is sold with the understanding that the Rider will perform maintenance and service.

I presumed, that since I am responsible for maintenance and service, I am also responsible to upgrade and modify the bike to fit my specific needs. I like buying a bike at this price point and letting me choose what modifications have value for me.

This forum is full of reports on how the base bike has been modified.

The RX3 is a dressed up 250cc bike at a very low price point. Judge it based on what it is, a good starting point.
=============================================
Wise consideration, agree with the "Price point", BUT: I do not neglect what CSC does (actually, they are the best importers as Ive heard off.). The focus on my suggestion, is of how to obtain a REAL adventure bike, without any concerns!! I know the RX3 is rigid, tough, serves well, reliable, and the newer models fault-free (some earlier version were bit of dissapointment to ownders -check UKs 'Honley RXE early models -but I bet that happens with any newly lauched product-). Wouldnt it a 'real-deal' to obtain a leader adv bike at a price tag below $4,000 with all the requirements the special type of this category asks for? Maybe I am used to Honda, BMW, KTM and Suzuki adv-like bikes, but I really think the RX3 could stand on its own against the giant-brands, should some of those upgrades occured..
It is a different element to SELF-MAINTAIN the bike to SEARCH-HOW-TO-IMPROVE the bike! I am not totally focused on customizing the bike, but rather to improve its capabilities.
Because it is a good, honest and 'loyal' bike, and it deserves some star-dust on it)
I am experienced rider of KTM, Honda, Suzuki, Kawasaki, Yamaha and Aprilia dual/on-off/adv tpe bikes..
And my test-ride of RX3 gave me a positive, promising, calm feeling!
So, MY notion, experience and understanding suggests those improvements..
A notice: As a Fireman in a wild-land as Corfu outback and mountain region is, I can really tell the difference that even a slight mod can offer to a bike/vehicle is that matter..
Maybe we have different perspective and goals from the bike, but even Zongshen would attract and gather extra demand on its model from owners of the big-branded models..

Old 10-31-2015, 03:37 PM   #45

I read in CSC blog site, that the guys from CSC are working on the 2016 model of RX3..
Did finally ZS openee their ears to the owner voices and will make the suggestions a reality???