Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-2015, 06:55 PM   #1

Hello

Hi from Maine. Just picked up a 2006 Lifan LF200 GY-5. Paid $140.00 I didn't think that was bad. Changed the oil and put the carb back together and I started it up. Ran good. The kid I bought it from said it sat for 3 years or so. I have some work to do on it. But I like doing this kind of stuff. Winter project.
Here are couple of pics.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0813.jpg (90.8 KB, 73 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0814.jpg (92.8 KB, 72 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0816.jpg (90.3 KB, 75 views)

Old 01-19-2015, 12:19 AM   #2

I have the same bike, and the speedo cluster looked just like yours. With a little help from Taobao, it turned out well. I love riding it.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 01-19-2015, 12:44 AM   #3

You got a good deal.

You have arrived among kindred souls; we are glad you joined us.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 01-19-2015, 08:57 AM   #4

I have most of the plastic some are broke. I will try that site Taobao. What is this bike equal to? Like a Honda or Yamaha? I am going to do some upgrades to it. And would like to know what brand I should buy.
Thank you

Last edited by guttafixit; 01-19-2015 at 09:01 AM. Reason: .

Old 01-19-2015, 09:40 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
I have the same bike, and the speedo cluster looked just like yours. With a little help from Taobao, it turned out well. I love riding it.
Hi, I went to Taobao site and I see Chinese writing? I did the translate with Google and I'm still lost. lol How do you find bike parts?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Dan

Old 01-19-2015, 10:53 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by guttafixit View Post
I have most of the plastic some are broke. I will try that site Taobao. What is this bike equal to? Like a Honda or Yamaha? I am going to do some upgrades to it. And would like to know what brand I should buy.
Thank you
The frame is nearly identical to an early '80's Honda XR200 (not the R version) that had twin shocks. Lifan installed a monoshock in your bike, but the original twin shock mounting points are probably still there, and they're often used for mounting a rear rack.

The engine is based on the Honda CG125 motor, but bored and stroked to 200cc by Lifan. It's a pushrod motor, and it's very reliable.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 01-19-2015, 11:01 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by guttafixit View Post
Hi, I went to Taobao site and I see Chinese writing? I did the translate with Google and I'm still lost. lol How do you find bike parts?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Dan
Use Google Chrome as a browser, and allow it to translate automatically. Keep your search terms short (like GY5), and then filter "Motorcycle/electric car" at the top of the page. Every time you click on an item, it will open in a new tab. If you like it, bookmark it for ordering purposes down the road. It's best to order everything you wish at once to save on shipping.

Open a new tab, go to Google and type something like "28cny to usd", and you'll see that 28 Yuan is equal to $4.50 US.

Once you have assembled a list of things you wish to purchase, check back here and we'll guide you on the next steps.

Old 01-19-2015, 11:05 AM   #8

Once you have exhausted searching for GY5, try CG200.

Old 01-19-2015, 07:03 PM   #9

Thank you Weldangrind that helped me out a lot. Least I have an idea of what the bike is.

Thanks, Dan

Old 01-19-2015, 09:45 PM   #10

You're welcome, Dan. I have tons of bookmarks, so let me know if you're having trouble finding anything.

If I can't find it, Humanbeing is our secret weapon; he can find almost anything on TB.