Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-09-2017, 08:04 PM   #16

Praying all goes will for you in the transition Monsiuer Fromagé... been going thru transitions here myself... just merged with another JD dealer, doubled store count, new systems..... been headache after headache.....LOL but hey... least I still uave a job...

Old 03-10-2017, 08:36 AM   #17

Thanks, bogie.

This has been a long time coming, though I would rather have seen it happen about ten years ago.

I'm off today, so I think I will bundle up and go for a ride.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I'm making this up as I go.-Indiana Jones

Telling me something 'is for my own good', is a fast way to a fat lip.-Me

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts

Old 03-10-2017, 10:28 AM   #18

You should come down here and go for a ride, Cheesy. WX today is supposed to be near 80 with a slight overcast. Tomorrow is going to be a great riding day! The Missus and I are going to pull the Ural out and go for a nice ride. Not sure where yet, but it will be far enough to stretch the legs on the bike, but not far enough that we have to ride forever and a day to get back home. Maybe either Rome, GA or Birmingham, AL. Birmingham has a really good Indian restaurant, and Rome has some really nice scenery and roadside diners. They also have a lot of antiques shops and a Chili's (the missus favorite chain restaurant). I'm giving some though to selling off some toys. It's getting mighty crowded in the house, and with a little one on the way, we should probably make some room. We walked through the house the other day and were absolutely dumbfounded that two people could acquire so much "stuff". We don't even remember where we got most of it... The Hawk is one of those things that's likely to go. I'm going to post it in the classifieds later today. Any takers?

I was struggling to get my wife's attention; I sat down on the couch and looked comfortable. That did the trick!

My wife says I only have two faults. I don't listen and something else...

If at first you don't succeed, try doing it the way I told you to...

The Stable:
2005 Yamaha V-Star 650 - SOLD
2015 Suzuki DR 650
2015 RPS Hawk 250 - SOLD
2016 Ural Gear Up

Old 03-10-2017, 10:30 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerikol View Post
You should come down here and go for a ride, Cheesy. WX today is supposed to be near 80 with a slight overcast. Tomorrow is going to be a great riding day! The Missus and I are going to pull the Ural out and go for a nice ride. Not sure where yet, but it will be far enough to stretch the legs on the bike, but not far enough that we have to ride forever and a day to get back home. Maybe either Rome, GA or Birmingham, AL. Birmingham has a really good Indian restaurant, and Rome has some really nice scenery and roadside diners. They also have a lot of antiques shops and a Chili's (the missus favorite chain restaurant). I'm giving some though to selling off some toys. It's getting mighty crowded in the house, and with a little one on the way, we should probably make some room. We walked through the house the other day and were absolutely dumbfounded that two people could acquire so much "stuff". We don't even remember where we got most of it... The Hawk is one of those things that's likely to go. I'm going to post it in the classifieds later today. Any takers?
how did you luck out? they're talking about light snow here on Sunday...

Old 03-10-2017, 11:16 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesy View Post
You'd win. I guess I'm supposed to be down there something like one week a month until things are up and running. Then maybe a week or two every quarter.

I still have more questions than answers about what's going to happen and how. What I do know is that myself and Jason, who works for me, are the only ones from the back of the building that are being kept on. Jason is moving to the new facility. One or two people from Customer Service are being sent to the new facility, too. One or two managers will be cut loose, along with everyone else in the building. Maybe some poorly performing regional sales staff, too.

I have been told that those being let go will be getting very generous severance packages. Which is probably why I'm being kept on. It would be cheaper to keep me.
First, I'm thankful that you haven't clawed your way to middle management. Being a lead Tech means that you're not expendable.

Second, be glad that you live in the glorious USA. in Canada, an employer is only required to pay up to eight years of severance. I'm in my 29th year, so I'm not really worth much to them on paper.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 03-10-2017, 12:59 PM   #21

I think that the WX is staying calm for us because we're so close to the downhill slope of the mountains between here and Birmingham. Once it gets past Atlanta heading West it kind of falls apart. The WX picks up all the moisture and turbulence from the city and all the large open bodies of water, and you guys get hammered on the way out to the coast. I was wrong about the temps, though. It's only going up to the low to mid- 70's out here tomorrow. Tomorrow evening into Sunday is going to be light rain for us.

I was struggling to get my wife's attention; I sat down on the couch and looked comfortable. That did the trick!

My wife says I only have two faults. I don't listen and something else...

If at first you don't succeed, try doing it the way I told you to...

The Stable:
2005 Yamaha V-Star 650 - SOLD
2015 Suzuki DR 650
2015 RPS Hawk 250 - SOLD
2016 Ural Gear Up

Old 03-10-2017, 07:18 PM   #22

Got that ride in today. Geez, it never hit thirty.

That was after several calls from customers looking for part numbers and texts from my boss asking about my schedule for the month. Again. Recalling part numbers off the top of my head is probably one of the reasons they're keeping me around.

Jason and I are planning to go bat for David to see if they will reconsider taking him along to SC. Davids' limited talents will make it hard for him to bounce back. Inky Tim, on the other hand, would probably have quit by the end year anyway. He's planning on opening up his own custom car shop, specializing in chopped tops. I guess he already has something like a half dozen jobs lined up at seven grand a pop. So he'll be okay.

As confusing this all is for me, Mrs. C is making me nuts with "What abouts, what ifs, and whys." Most of them just come out of the blue. I was telling her to wait until Tuesday or Wednesday, when I would have some answers. Now, I'm just giving her 'stink eye' when she brings something up.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts

Old 03-10-2017, 11:13 PM   #23

Cheesy, thanks for sharing all this. It's interesting to see all that is unfolding . Course I'm sure you would not like so much of this drama in the first place.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 03-11-2017, 08:36 AM   #24

Looks like I will be giving a guided tour to the big bosses on Monday to list assets in the shop. They are going to be somewhat surprised by how much of that stuff back there is actually mine and not theirs. Like the fridge, microwave, coffee maker, radio, air brush compressor, tool cabinets, tools, office chair, spray guns, etc, etc.

Most of the large equipment has been fully depreciated for years and will go for pennies on the dollar at auction. I wouldn't want any of them in my garage. I would like the 0-32 volt adjustable power supply, though.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

Old 03-11-2017, 09:19 AM   #25

sounds like they might be charging you rent for your stuff there cheese ,and the power supply is yours ,put it inside the fridge for the dog and pony show .

Old 03-11-2017, 05:32 PM   #26

If they were going to be that way, Bruce, I could back charge 20 years rent for use of my air brush compressor. But they won't.

For all I know, they might not even be allowed into the US. Or, with the weather we're expecting, be able to get out.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

Old 03-11-2017, 09:18 PM   #27

I think Bowie would appreciate you quoting him in this situation. It sucks to see jobs leaving town.

Old 03-13-2017, 09:55 PM   #28

No big bosses today.

I don't know if the weather delayed them or if there was a change in plans. I do know the GM is out until Wednesday and I'm assuming he is with them, either in meetings with them at the Holiday Inn, where everyone stays when they're here, or hitting the Canadian facility first.

That was the other tidbit I learned, the US and Canadian branches are being consolidated.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

Old 03-13-2017, 10:31 PM   #29

I don't trust those damned Canadians !
Since they are going to consolidate the Canada and US branches ,why would they not do it closer to the border ?

Old 03-14-2017, 06:57 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce's View Post
I don't trust those damned Canadians !
Since they are going to consolidate the Canada and US branches ,why would they not do it closer to the border ?
Who knows what goes on in the minds of accountants and lawyers?

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800