Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2016, 02:33 PM   #1

New Canadian wannabe rider

Hi all! Just found this forum and decided to join up. Not a rider (yet) but hoping to be able to buy my first bike end of July. Been looking at the Bubba 250 and was hoping to find on the forums a little more info about them.

Mostly a: Are they legal in Canada (British Columbia specifically)
and b: is there a dealer or importer that deals with these in Canada (again BC preferred)

Otherwise hello to everyone!

Old 06-04-2016, 06:00 PM   #2

Welcome aboard ! About the bikes for BC I'm sure Weldangrind will be able to answer directly.

" Time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted." - John Lennon

“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
― Thomas Jefferson

"If you don't know where you're going any road will take you there" ....George Harrison song

Old 06-04-2016, 07:45 PM   #3

noticed this bike is a bobber, with a raked front end. you know chopper style bikes are more difficult to maneuver. if you are a new rider you might reconsider. Just a FYI.

WELCOME TO THE CLUB
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 06-04-2016, 08:14 PM   #4

BB is telling you straight. Choppers can be difficult to handle even for riders with experience. They are just a different breed.

" Time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted." - John Lennon

“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
― Thomas Jefferson

"If you don't know where you're going any road will take you there" ....George Harrison song

Old 06-06-2016, 12:22 AM   #5

Welcome! What part of BC are you from?

We have precious few China bikes that have been properly imported into Canada with Transport Canada approval. The legal issue is federal here, not Provincial. The part that varies from Province to Province is converting an existing dirt bike to road legal, which is not legal in BC anymore. I have a China bike that was converted to road legal before the law changed, but there aren't many like that.

I doubt you'll ever find a road legal China chopper or bobber in Canada. You can buy a CSC RX3 from California, since they are legal in Canada. Soon, their TT250 will be legal here as well.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 06-06-2016, 10:05 AM   #6

the bubba 250 does not look to have a raked front end, at least not on any that i could find online

Old 06-06-2016, 11:59 AM   #7

barlow, excuse me . didn't look closely enough. seems more that the stretched frame made me think the forks were raked out.

welds comments are encouraging.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 06-07-2016, 12:47 AM   #8

Hey there! Currently in Victoria area, disappointing to hear about the import situation, really liked the DF. Ah well I guess I'll either look for something else. Just really dig that look. Tha Heist is another one I'm digging these days.

Old 06-07-2016, 10:29 AM   #9

Tha Heist is a CCW product, and I think they might have Transport Canada approval; it's worth investigating.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer