Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2016, 08:17 PM   #1

Madsocial, don't know if this is the same but I got some off Ebay, see #5049 of this thread, rj

Last edited by rjmorel; 05-10-2016 at 02:29 PM.

Old 05-09-2016, 10:16 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by madsocial View Post
I saw a post from a guy on one of the Facebook pages saying he ordered a decal from eBay. It looked just like that. I've tried searching, no luck though. I asked for a link, but he didn't share one.
I sent an email to AKT on their contact us page asking if it is possible to purchase the decals/graphics. No answer as of yet. I would also like the buy the headlight screen when CSC offers them! I'll let you know if I get a response on the decals.

" Time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted." - John Lennon

“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
― Thomas Jefferson

"If you don't know where you're going any road will take you there" ....George Harrison song

Old 05-12-2016, 02:57 PM   #3

Update on the CT DMV Registration debacle for Zongshen products: Sarah from CSC has contacted me stating I would be required to trailer the bike across the entire State of CT to the Wethersfield DMV to have it inspected as that is the only way I can get it registered. Well, now that I am out of vacation time and do not have any means to trailer the bike to the DMV, we seem to be at an impass . . .

I have yet to hear how this bike would ever get on the list of approved manufacturers so that every CT buyer of a CSC product could avoid this kind of hassle. How did all the other approved manufacturers get on the list - Kawasaki, Yamaha, Honda, Suzuki, BMW, Triumph, Ducati, Moto Guzzi, etc.???????

I called Ryan at CSC and he is working on finding an alternate solution:

http://www.ct.gov/dmv/cwp/view.asp?a=799&q=260368

More to come.

IBA#65836

2005 BMW F650gs
2008 Yamaha XT250
2013 Yamaha XT250
2009 Suzuki Gladius

Last edited by Dualsport Chic; 05-12-2016 at 03:34 PM.

Old 05-12-2016, 03:05 PM   #4

registration issues suck i do not remember CSaddict having problems i think he is in conn. makes me glad i live in green mountains good luck

Old 05-12-2016, 10:53 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dualsport Chic View Post
Update on the CT DMV Registration debacle for Zongshen products: Sarah from CSC has contacted me stating I would be required to trailer the bike across the entire State of CT to the Wethersfield DMV to have it inspected as that is the only way I can get it registered. Well, now that I am out of vacation time and do not have any means to trailer the bike to the DMV(
WOW I thought PA sucked but CT takes the cake! What the hell is going on. They act as if no one in the USA ever imported anything from China! Everything we have in this country is from China! I don't get it! I just don't get it.

I hope you get this sorted out soon. It is the worst feeling. Having something new and not being able to enjoy it. I go get mine finally on Saturday with tags in hand. PA got me all frustrated with them.

2016 Zongshen RX3 (CSC Cyclone)

Pay it Forward!

Old 05-13-2016, 09:00 AM   #6

To the CT people...I read the statute. I think yall are talking to the wrong people to make a decision, and you are getting shafted. In the opening of the state statue you linked... "

Obtaining a Manufacturer's License

To obtain a Manufacturer's License under Connecticut State Law Title 14 Sec. 14-67a for a manufacturer or distributor of motor vehicles who sells products in Connecticut there are several documents which must be submitted. Listed below are the documents necessary to obtain a license"

What I am reading is for someone to manufacture and then distribute, or either, within your state. You didn't purchase the bike IN your state. It is neither manufactured nor sold in your state. You imported it from an outside state, you provided insurance in your state, and you need to speak with a higher level supervisor. I am sure there are old, feeble people who cannot or do not have the means to travel for hours across the state to register a car. Is that the ONLY state inspection location in CT? In one place? There is no way that is possible. They'd lose money on interstate commerce if they inspect trucks and the like there as well. In some states police/state troopers/highway patrol officers can inspect it either at their office or in person in the field, in MS every dealership and most tire shops are "state inspection stations" although they did away with that ridiculous stuff last year.
Keep calling. Talk to someone else. Even the Director of the whole organization has a phone number and an email. Email him and CC someone even higher than him. NO one likes being called onto the carpet for a poor decision. That's why so many dumbass ones are being made.

Old 05-13-2016, 09:41 AM   #7

Could this be the RX4 ?

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 4998
Size:  81.4 KB
Name:  2.jpg
Views: 1484
Size:  77.8 KB
Name:  3.jpg
Views: 1585
Size:  81.5 KB

Below,an NC450 engine stuffed into an RX3 ,I think

Name:  4.jpg
Views: 1316
Size:  78.8 KB

Old 05-13-2016, 10:50 AM   #8

The RX4 looks really nicely done. The only thing I see out of sorts is the under side exhaust. That'll take a real beating and needs to be rerouted.

Old 05-13-2016, 11:57 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdventureDad View Post
The RX4 looks really nicely done. The only thing I see out of sorts is the under side exhaust. That'll take a real beating and needs to be rerouted.
Yeah, I agree,

the exhaust routing sucks. The Chinese forum, where these images came from, were saying pretty much the same thing.

Perhaps it's just a prototype, I see the oil filter cover and kick start spline are missing

Old 05-13-2016, 08:24 PM   #10

Quote:
That's quite the pumpkin on that exhaust!

Kat, thanks for posting the pics, I had almost put the 450 idea to bed but now you got me lookin.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 05-13-2016, 10:39 AM   #11

Quote:
To the CT people...I read the statute. I think yall are talking to the wrong people to make a decision, and you are getting shafted. In the opening of the state statue you linked... "

Obtaining a Manufacturer's License

To obtain a Manufacturer's License under Connecticut State Law Title 14 Sec. 14-67a for a manufacturer or distributor of motor vehicles who sells products in Connecticut there are several documents which must be submitted. Listed below are the documents necessary to obtain a license"

What I am reading is for someone to manufacture and then distribute, or either, within your state. You didn't purchase the bike IN your state. It is neither manufactured nor sold in your state. You imported it from an outside state, you provided insurance in your state, and you need to speak with a higher level supervisor. I am sure there are old, feeble people who cannot or do not have the means to travel for hours across the state to register a car. Is that the ONLY state inspection location in CT? In one place? There is no way that is possible. They'd lose money on interstate commerce if they inspect trucks and the like there as well. In some states police/state troopers/highway patrol officers can inspect it either at their office or in person in the field, in MS every dealership and most tire shops are "state inspection stations" although they did away with that ridiculous stuff last year.
Keep calling. Talk to someone else. Even the Director of the whole organization has a phone number and an email. Email him and CC someone even higher than him. NO one likes being called onto the carpet for a poor decision. That's why so many dumbass ones are being made.
There are only two locations in the State of CT that can inspect a vehicle in this manner - Wethersfield and Hamden. Both locations are very far away, and located in nasty, traffic filled urban areas. Should it be reasonably expected that everyone who buys a Zongshen product should go through this pain of inspection etc. when all the other major manfucturers do not have to????

This is a matter for CSC to handle - they are the ones who need Zongshen added to the approved manufacturer's list so they can sell bikes in our State without causing their customers an inordinate amount of pain in the registration process. This is not a process for us as consumers to have to deal with and I am not spending any more of my time or effort on this. I have provided them all the information I could possibly find from the State and the DMV and now it is their job to get Zongshen recognized in the State of CT. Otherwise, everyone else in CT who wants a bike will have to deal with this hassle. I don't think CSC wants to limit their sales in CT by people passing on their bikes because of this issue. I know they will figure it out - I have faith.
IBA#65836

2005 BMW F650gs
2008 Yamaha XT250
2013 Yamaha XT250
2009 Suzuki Gladius

Old 05-12-2016, 03:26 PM   #12

Best of luck getting it figured out, what really sucks is that CSC is already swamped with orders, prepping, and shipments of new bikes (all of them are DOT/EPA approved...), and now these registration issues are popping up too.

Wonder if I will have this kind of registration 'luck' when I eventually save up for and buy a RX3

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.

Old 05-12-2016, 03:37 PM   #13

You should be good in Colorado as there are several owners who already have registered RX3s there.
IBA#65836

2005 BMW F650gs
2008 Yamaha XT250
2013 Yamaha XT250
2009 Suzuki Gladius

Old 05-13-2016, 06:09 AM   #14

I was the the first in Alabama, I hated being the guinea pig. especially after the hawk fiasco. Surprised it went through so easy here.

Old 05-13-2016, 08:51 AM   #15

I am about to be the guinea pig for Mississippi (I also think they hunt them here). Mississippi is not known for embracing the different, so I REALLY hope that doesn't carry over to the tag office. I don't want a fiasco.